“Cheap, Clean, but not wow” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #57 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Calgary, Canada
“Cheap, Clean, but not wow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here for 7 days starting Jan 15, we got a great rate through Westjet Vacations. We didn't realize though that the beds were only doubles, very tight for 4, we had to get a rollaway for one of the kids and DH and I had to sleep in separate beds. There were no larger rooms available for upgrade. i was a little uncomfortable with being in a connecting room since they had people in the room on the other side and i could hear them, i don't think the hotel was full so they probably could have avoided putting people who aren't together in connecting rooms. Mattresses also need replacing, they are worn out and very uncomfortable. Housekeeping does a good job, rooms and hallways are cleaned daily, and they aren't loud or disruptive if you are getting a late start, one little pet peeve was that they didn't replace the glasses in the bathroom even though we had used them.

We had high hopes for the pool, it could have been great but was really a disappointment. The pool deck and pool were full of leaves, and were not cleaned once in the 7 days we were there. The hot tub had too much chlorine, and several people we met complained of getting rashes from it. The water in the pool we were told was supposed to be at 82F no way was it that warm. We have stayed in Anaheim in previous years in January and used the pool the whole time, even though the weather was warmer this time we hardly used the pool at all since it was dirty and cold. I know it's winter for them but seriously there were lots of other Canadians there like us who wanted to use the pool and were put off by the dirtiness. Also they want you to leave towels in the pool area, and walk dripping through the hotel?

The restaurant was cheap but pretty mediocre, we only had one breakfast and one dinner in it, because we were too tired to go elsewhere. Service was indifferent, at breakfast they brought the check when they brought the meal.

All in all, it was clean enough, and ok for a really cheap price, but I would have been ticked if I had stayed here at high season rates, we probably wouldn't stay again, there are better options in Anaheim, and you can always find good prices, especially in January.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest Friesj,

So sorry to hear about the disappointment you endeavored while staying with us! I apologize for all and any inconvenience that your family had. I wish that we would of known of these issues so that we may have had the chance to rectify any problems that you were having so that your stay was more comfortable. Again, we here at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort apologize and hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me if your planning to stay with us and I will make sure your accommodations are met. Thank you for your time.

685 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were travelling to Disneyland with our two young grandsons. We really were not expecting the great room...separate from the adult bed/tv area, the kids had a set of bunk beds and a tv with an Xbox. They were pooped at night from the parks but sleeping was a lot easier in their own special space.

The pool was large and heated. The restaurant was good and the staff at the restaurant and the hotel were very friendly. Bus service was quick, inexpensive and easy to catch from the hotel.

Room Tip: The family fun suite is the way to go if you are travelling with children.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Steve H.

It's nice to hear about your great stay with us. We try our best to provide a comfortable setting for the families on the go. I am pleased to hear about your grand kids enjoying their own space and especially yours. We do hope you will visit us again in the future, and again thank you for all your great feedback on TripAdvisor.

Ellensburg, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Overall a very decent resort Hotel property. My wife, I and two kids (7 & 9) stayed here for 7-nights in Jan 2013. First this Hotel is certainly clean, quiet and comfortable and the entire staff are friendly, competent and helpful...especially Arturo in the restaurant (he was excellent). We used this hotel as a base for a week at Disneyland, however without a car; this hotel is difficult to operate from. The location is 'akward' and on a dead end stretch of Manchester Blvd, not near (walkable) any stores or restaurants. We had already planned on driving to DL everyday, so I did not use the Anaheim ART (Resort Transit) on this trip. we could see DL from our room and watched the fireworks two nights from out of our window on the 7th floor...that is always fun.

Pro's: Excellent pool and outdoor hot tub! The pool is quite large and Mickey shaped! The hot tub is also large and very nicely secluded among beautiful landscaping. Rooms were clean and housekeeping was conistently excellent. We used room service twice and to our surprise, there were no 'usual extra fees' for the service. Food from room service was hot, very well wrapped and /or covered in a way that demonstrated great care and attention to detail. The hotel had three central elevators and we very rarely waited more than a few seconds for an elevator, so we never felt stuck or troubled on the 7th floor. Game room was a good diversion for the kids and exercise facility was nice.

Challenges: The beds were twins, so we were very 'cozy' at night. We were told upon arrival they do not have queen beds. While clean and accessible, the rooms were small and for the four of us always seemed to present some challenge just moving around, etc. Parking spaces in lot were also very small, and we have several door dings and scuffs to remember our stay by. Again, the location, without a car, would seem very difficult to work through as it is rather isolated, with one-ways on public streets in and out. restaurant (dining in) had excellent service...but mediocre food that was consistently 'warm'. With how helpful and energetic the staff are, I can only assume they are handicapped on supply/food cost constraints from management as there seemed no lack of effort of staff. On the plus side the restaurant keeps great hours (till 10 at night) which is very convenient and I am sure very expensive!

Summary: I would stay here again and/or recommend for family travel who want a good 'base' for DL and can handle the affordable rate in exchange for a few challenges (room rates through HL 'auction' services can be between 45-80 a night! Rack rate for time of our stay was quoted at 88-dollars.

Room Tip: Ask for a Disneyland View of upper floors for a fun night view! Also take advantage of room service...
Dear Guest Mathmattx,

Thank you so much for your great comments you posted on TripAdvisor! We always endeavor to meet and exceed our guest's expectations. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at our property. Hope to see you soon.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Easy to catch the bus to the park, but not in walking distance to grocery stores etc. My kids enjoyed the kids suite which had their bunk separated from our bed by a wall and they had their own TV. Service was fine and food was what I came to expect from most US hotels (just okay).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest TannyDD,

I am pleased to hear your stay was satisfactory. I wish it could of been outstanding instead. However when visiting us again please let us know and we will make sure your stay is a great one. Thank you for your time.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

From the arrival we were taken care of by Vanessa at the front desk. She helped out a ton when we had to add my mother in law last minute to our room.
The restaurant was great every morning. They provided great help for us when my daughter had a seizure and threw up one morning. Was very grateful for them and the housekeeping staff the whole trip for the help they provided with my daughter having some episodes.
Liked the fact that this was far enough away from the park that we didnt hear nightly events at Disney. Good chance that when we travel out to Disneyland next time that we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't bring your mother in law because she'll insist upon using the queen bed and you'll...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear MrBfromSLC,

We appreciate your kind compliments on our front desk agent "Vanessa". She is really great with our guests and goes above and beyond the call of duty, as well as all our front desk staff! We also want to thank you for all your great feedback and helpful tips, We here at Holiday Inn are really glad to hear that your overall stay was a great one! Thank you again for your time.

Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort
livermore, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel is quiet since it's away from the park which is nice. However, the hotel is away from the park which is a little of a pain since you have to pay for the shuttle (in my opinion should be included). Room service REALLY FAST and nice, but the food was hit and miss. The maid service was not great - they changed sheets and towels but didn't wipe down anything (we were there 5 days). Room has fridge which is nice. The beds are pretty small but comfortable with lots of pillows. We had a great view of fireworks from our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with fireworks view! Higher floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Rudigm,

Thank you for your time in providing your feedback on your stay with us. We do try our best to provide excellent service. I would just like to take the time to let you know that if you do decide to stay with us again, we promise to correct all the mishaps that occurred when you stayed with us. Please feel free to call and ask for "Christine Lovell" I will get with our team to make sure your stay is to your satisfaction!! I hope to hear from you again, thank you for your time.

casa grande
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I found the hotel to be standard, typical Holiday Inn amenities. Very clean, very polite staff, and clean spacious rooms, what i didn't like was the use of the lobby computer - 5$ for 5 minutes with extra charges for printing. I needed a computer really quickly and found that price to be eye opening, then I loved it when my son called me from the hotel room to my cell phone .... less that 10 secs and $4.35!!! ouch... I should him the price and made him pay me back. Bus system to Disneyland was good, parking free!!! so overall the hotel was standard and nothing to jump and down about. I will Never go to Disneyland during a holiday again, but thats another review...

Room Tip: hotel is tucked away and thank goodness my cell phone maps app showed me the way.
Dear Mr. Maddogron,

Thanks so much for providing feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that your overall stay was a good one, I do apologize for the cost of the lobby computer and the charge for the phone. However to my understanding your visit was a comfortable one, for the future when you are staying with us again I will be more than happy to print any documents you need for free. Just ask for me "Christine" and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Christine Lovell

Been to Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area? Share your experiences!