“15 minutes walk to Disneyland but noisy sleep.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Anaheim/Near Disneyland

You added Super 8 Anaheim/Near Disneyland to your Saves list
Super 8 Anaheim/Near Disneyland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   415 West Katella Avenue, Harbor Blvd & Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802-3607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #36 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Budapest, Hungary
“15 minutes walk to Disneyland but noisy sleep.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We (a couple) spent three nights in this motel in order to watch sights of Los Angeles and Disneyland. We were lucky enough to avoid traffic on the way to Los Angeles because of the weekend days. The week day was left for the Disneyland, which was located 15 walking minutes away from hotel that saved us money for the Disneyland's parking.

Super 8 Anaheim is located on a big central road decorated all the way with huge enlightened palms. Just the view to the main street is impressive enough to make you want to stay there.If you spend the night at the hotel you will be lucky enough to see Disneyland's fireworks from your balcony. Another plus for the location is that nearby there are a lot of restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, IHOP, Denny's and stores like Seven Eleven.

Our room was located on the second floor with a view to the pool and the parking. No matter that the parking was right under the room, the fact that there was no elevator made us struggle with our luggages.

The interior of the room was quite satisfying but with a few disadvantages. There was a big comfortable bed, wardrobes, TV, fridge, iron and iron board, hairdryer, bath and huge mirror. There was also a cute little coffee making machine and coffee samples. The WiFi was also OK. However, what we didn't like from the very first moment was the extremely annoying sound of the air conditioner. The choice we had was either sleep in hotness or stay awake (because of sound) in coolness. We chose the first option.

In early morning, breakfast was available near the check-in area. It was a very cute but little room with Disney and other cartoon decorations and posters. The breakfast options were quite limited to coffee, milk, juices and two types of bakery (cinamon rolls and pre-made waffles). However, this seemed to be fare enough especially for the little kids.

We paid approximately 100$ (icluding taxes) per night, which was the cheapest deal considering location and season.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor in case you have big luggage.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Super8k, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Near Disneyland, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
What an awesome review! I appreciate you taking the time to give us such a thorough review. It is true, we are just moments away from so many great places to dine and shop and just minutes away from Disneyland park as well. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our rooms and found them so accommodating. I am sorry to hear about the AC though. I do not have an reports to the front desk regarding the fact that it was so noisy. We do have a 24 hour front desk staff and maintenance that is right there to assist in such situations. In the future just notify the front desk right away and we will be right on it to fix things for you. We want every guest to be comfortable during their stay and we are here all the time to make sure that happens. We just need to be aware. Its so nice to know you enjoyed our breakfast and the room environment. It is smaller, however we do have additional breakfast seating on our sundeck, as well as in the pool area.
We look forward to seeing you again soon, and glad we fit into your budget. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Room was big and clean, but Old, seems its not renovated and painted in a long time. The room had a fridge and a microwave which was not plugged in (hence was not sure if it was a charged service). Staff is not very helpful. Breakfast is below par. The room has a lot of noise coming in from the corridors and I could hear my next room guests speaking and laughing in the night. Only good thing about this hotel is the location, its just a 10 min walk from the Disneyland tram station. The hotel provides a map on how to reach there.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with 2 queen beds
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the review. So glad you found our location so convenient during your trip to Disneyland. We actually have recently upgraded all our rooms and added extras such as the fridge in every room for the convenience of our guests. New carpeting, new furnishings as well as new bedding. I do take your comment that the staff was not helpful very seriously, and wish you had elaborated on that a bit more. Our staff prides themselves at exceling in customer service and being helpful and friendly to each and every guest. I am disappointed to hear that they fell short during your visit with us. You mention that there was noise at night. We do have a 24 hour front desk that you can call at any time and they will assist. I would always suggest giving them a call in the event that you are disturbed by other guests during your stay. We do offer a complimentary breakfast served daily. Our Super Start breakfast consists of 2 kinds of cold cereal, hot oatmeal, toast with jam, waffles with syrup, our Super 8 signature cinnamon rolls, as well as yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, cocoa, tea and coffee. I am sorry to hear this did not meet up to your expectations. Please come visit us again next time you are in Anaheim, I am sure you will be happy with all the room upgrades and the refurbishments we have made. Look forward to seeing again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The rooms were nice and clean and the location was great. Only downside is the breakfast. Very small variety, and if you want anything hot, you have to stand in line forever. The room whe the food is is miniscule inducing claustrophobia. My recommendation: bring your own breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the review! I am pleased to hear you found our location so convenient while visiting Disneyland. We are just minutes away from the Disneyland park, as well as so many wonderful dining establishments and shops. Thank you for the compliments to our housekeeping department and its great to hear that they exceeded your expectations and your found the room so nice, clean and comfortable. We do offer a complimentary Super Start breakfast every morning that includes 2 kinds of cereals, oatmeal, toast with jam, waffles with syrup, fresh fruit, yogurt, as well as Super 8 signature cinnamon rolls. We also offer coffee, hot cocoa, and tea. We do have additional seating in our pool area, as well as on our sundeck, both places are a super place to enjoy your breakfast before you start your day. Again, thanks for the review, we do hope to see you again next time you are in Anaheim.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The rooms are clean and redecorated and the beds were very comfortable; great location with easy access to Disneyland and Downtown Disney; nice pool and hot tub outside. Negatives: the price was higher than I expected for a Super 8 and breakfast wasn't much. Still, a nice room and acceptable accommodations.

• Stayed June 2014
Thanks for the review. Yes we have recently remodeled our rooms, including adding fridges to all the rooms. I am glad to know you are happy with all the upgrades. We do have a great location, so convenient to Disneyland, only 10 minutes walk and you are there. I appreciate that you mentioned our heated pool and hot tub and enjoyed them during your stay. It sure is nice after a long day at the park to take a dip and have a bit of relaxation time. We have many complimentary amenities such as free wifi, complimentary breakfast, free parking, we are priced accordingly, and during peak season, rates are a bit more than during off season. We do hope to see you again in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The first night I was impressed with room appereance, the location was perfect, the next night I stayed the maids didn't do any effort to fix the beds they were made like in a rush otherwise I would of give 5. I would come back again!!

• Stayed June 2014
We do have a very convenient location so close to the convention center, just a few minutes walk. I am happy to know you found our rooms to your liking. We have recently remodeled them and added amenities such as a fridge in every room. I am sorry to hear you found housekeeping did not meet your expectations during your stay. I have followed up with my housekeeping manager, and assure you it has been addressed. I am so excited to hear you will be back! Thank you so much for the review!
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

On a recent trip to California, we were looking for a place to stay near Disneyland (location) that offered safe surroundings (location), comfortable and clean accommodations (from reviews by others), at a price that still allowed us to enjoy Disneyland. This was exactly what I hoped it would be.

It's located less than a block from the parks and surrounded by other (seemingly nicer by appearance) hotels. This made it so there were lots of other tourists walking around and provided a very safe feel. Out our room's window we could see the Tower of Terror and the back of Cars Land. We also were able to enjoy the Disney's nighttime fireworks from the pool of the motel.

The room was clean enough for the price. No complaints here. We weren't there to hang out in the room anyways. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The continental breakfast was pretty much the only downfall. There were a few yogurts (if you arrived early), two sugary cereals, juice, coffee, and frozen waffles for you to toast in a very crowded "breakfast room."

This place is not to be confused with the other Anaheim Super * that is located on the opposite side of Disneyland. We mistakenly pulled into there on our first night and I was already having regrets just based on the surroundings and the fact that there wasn't a single parking space for me. I thought I had made a mistake, but I was relieved to discover that we were at the other one - if nothing else, just on first appearance impressions alone.

Bottom line: good cheap place to stay near Disneyland.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I love the fact that you enjoyed being able to view Disneyland fireworks from the pool. We also have a great view of the spectacular show from our sundeck. We do have rooms that face the Disneyland park and they do have a wonderful view of the Tower of Terror, as well as Carsland and many other attractions. I am glad to know you found our location so convenient, and you felt safe and sound when staying here. I appreciate your feedback on our complimentary Super Start breakfast. We do have various items such as cereals, hot oatmeal, toast with jam, waffles with syrup, our Super 8 Signature cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, hot cocoa, hot coffee and tea. I will take your comments into consideration, and again appreciate your feedback. I am so glad that we fit into your budget and we do look forward to seeing you again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed at the Super 8 on Katella. The location was really close to Disneyland- only a 10 minute walk- the rooms were clean, decorated beautifully, and the beds were so comfortable!!!
The staff were awesome! Very nice and helpful!
We will stay here again for sure!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Thanks so much for the awesome review! Great to know you loved our location and found it so convenient when visiting Disneyland! Our rooms have recently been upgraded and renovated with new beds, furnishings, décor as well as added fridges to each and every room. I am happy you found this to your liking and enjoyed staying in our new rooms. Thank you so much for complimenting our staff, its always great to hear they are excelling in customer service and are here to help each and every guest. Most importantly, I want to say I am so happy to know you will be back to see us again! We truly look forward to it!