“Great hotel close to Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Anaheim/Near Disneyland to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Super 8 Anaheim/Near Disneyland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   415 West Katella Avenue, Harbor Blvd & Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802-3607   |
Ranked #38 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne
“Great hotel close to Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I love staying here. It's the best value hotel around Disneyland which means more money to spend at the parks or on dinners!
The hotel is basic but clean and safe. The beds are comfortable, although not enough blankets for me. To be fair, I didn't ask for more.
Bathroom is small but clean. The shower head was too low though. I'm 5'10" and I couldn't get my head under. I wasn't super stressed though.
You can walk to Disneyland in under 15 minutes. It's a nice walk too. It feels a bit longer on the way back after a long day in the parks! There is an ART shuttle you can take for a couple of bucks.
Food wise - the pizza shop on the corner makes great pizza, and there is a subway and other fast food places there. There is a 7-11 on the corner. The Anaheim Garden walk is next door to the hotel and has lots of food options. My favourites are Johnny Rockets and the Cheesecake Factory.
I had some issues with noise from the AGW car park which is right next to hotel. People were driving around in the middle of the night making heaps of noise. The police came one night to move them on. I found it hard to sleep through the noise, but I was quite jetlagged and having trouble sleeping. The guy at the front desk was really nice and gave me a room on the other side of the hotel where I couldn't hear anything. I appreciated that.
Wifi is good. It was really good in my first room, but a little sketchy in my second room. It's free and worked well enough so I was happy.
Recommend this hotel to people who want to save on accommodation costs, but still want to stay some place clean, decent and close to the parks.

• Stayed September 2013
Super8k, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Near Disneyland, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We want to thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon!

936 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bermagui, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

After a mix up with our travel agent booking the other Super 8 in Anaheim (which is TERRIBLE) we made it over to the Super 8 on Katella after calling them saying how we were unhappy with the other property. They said to make our way over and they would have a room for us for 7 nights. We wanted a King or Queen but they only had a 2 x Double room left so we took it. The tarrif was $69 a night plus tax which I think is around 17%?
It was 9am so I wasn't expecting the room to be ready but it was and we were so happy to be able to get a good room. The room was large, clean and only a 10min walk to Disneyland. There is the Garden Walk mall next door which has a bowling alley, Bubba Gump, Cheesecake Factory and a bunch of shops. All along the walk to Disneyland there are shops and restaurants that are CHEAP! And the walk is pleasant and safe.
The motel has FREE breakfast which was wonderful, they had toast, waffles, two types of ceral (Raisen Bran & Frosted Flakes), oranges, oatmeal, jam/jelly, syrup, tea/coffee, milk, apple & orange juice and a few other items. I heard a few people complaining and I'm not sure why, there was plenty and enough variety. If you want a hot breakfast go to one of the cafes around the corner, there were plenty of places that had $5 breakfast. But this was free and I stayed at some $200 plus a night places which give you nothing!
The front desk staff were all so nice and very helpful with calling cabs, booking tickets etc, on the day we checked out we weren't leaving until 5pm and they let us store our bags all day.
There was only one down side to this motel and it had nothing to do with the motel. Next door is another motel and everytime you walk past they accost you trying to sell you timeshares. I mean EVERY TIME! Sometimes they tried to talk to us 3-4 times a day, we tried to tell them that we weren't interested and some of them would shout at us and it made walking past really uncomfortable. I think the staff/owners of the Super 8 should say something to them because it really wasn't a good look.
I would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We want to thank you for the wonderful review. We are always happy to hear from our guests. We look forward to your next visit!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was cheap we stayed there for two nights. since the beginning that we arrived we had problems with them, the front clerk was very rude. they gave us the keys, then we walked in the room and it smelled like cigarettes. the bed was stained with little spots, the pillows were stained as well, the bathroom was dirty, there wifi didn't even work. we decided we were going stay because most of the day we were goint to be at Disneyland. we weren't going be there all day, we just want somewhere to crash .when we checked out I noticed they charge $117.00 extra because they said it smell like cigarettes so I called to resolve the problem and I spoke to the general manager, he was very rude since the beginning he said that supposedly four managers went inside and smell it i just know he lied to me because we don't smoke and we have never smoked. I told him it smelled like that when we walked in he said your lying. I am done with conversation and he hung up on me do yourself a favor and go some where else very bad experience

• Stayed September 2013
Super8k, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim/Near Disneyland, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
all of our rooms are inspected prior them being rented out to new guests.This room did NOT smell of smoke when you checked in. This room was smoked in during your stay. We charge a fee so we can clean it properly for our non smoking guest when someone such as your self smokes in the room. If there are any questions regarding this review, please call me directly at 714-778-6900.
FLORENCE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as we started our vacation a day earlier than we thought. We couldn't contain ourselves and needed to get there!!
The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. It was right next to lots of shopping and restaurants. The breakfast was average and the room fills up quick.
Parking was sufficient, especially in the back. We parked right outside our door!

Overall it's a great room especially for the cost!

• Stayed October 2012
Its great to hear we fit into your budget. Thanks for the review, we hope to see you again soon!
Scottsdale, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend with our toddler. We got a great deal on the room, but only got a queen bed and wanted to put our daughter in a crib. I called a week in advance to see if I needed to reserve a crib and the man at the front desk said they would have them available whenever we arrived.
We got in around 10 the first night and when we asked for a crib, the man that checked us in said maintenance had gone home for the night. We all had to cram on a tiny bed and barely slept a wink the first night. We let it go because we got in really late and that was our fault, but I wish we could have had the crib in our room beforehand.
The beds in the room are pretty stiff and the blanket is a very thin foam blanket with a thick sheet.
Breakfast is so-so and super busy, (one flavor of yogurt, instant oatmeal, bread for toast, two types of cereal, butter, jam, juice, hard frozen waffles, milk, coffee. but again..for the price you pay for free parking, and a short walk to Disney...you really can't complain.

Other then that, everything was awesome. The rooms are REALLY, REALLY clean. The maid service is awesome here. They were actually my favorite part about the entire stay. They would make up the room everyday while we were gone, no matter how late we left and they would put my daughter's Woody and Buzz on the bed after they made it. The first day we left to Disneyland I made the mistake of leaving my wallet in the room with 140 dollars in cash laying in a suitcase. I was worried for a good portion of the day that it might not be there when we got back, but nothing was touched (but cleaned) when we arrived back!
There is a night security guard, and it is a safe neighborhood with well lit parking lots. Most of the people staying are families and couples.
All in all a good, clean, safe, and convenient stay for people on a budget!

Room Tip: Walk across the street and take the Toy Story shuttle if you don't feel like walking!