“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

You added Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate to your Saves list
Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 West Disney Way, I-5 at Katella Avenue /West Disney Way, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #66 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Lindsay, California
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at this location after it was recommended to us by several friends. It is close to Disneyland and has a nice gift shop downstairs. The rooms are updated and looked clean. Check in was fast and friendly. Staff was courteous. The room did not have a coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, or even a clock radio. The water in the shower took forever to get warm, which didn't last long. The air conditioning was super loud and didn't cool the room very well. I am grateful that we didn't spend much time here. I was even more saddened we didn't have the "Great" experience our friends had. We won't likely be staying here again.

Room Tip: From upstairs you can see Disney's firework show
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chesterfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel staff was courteous and the hotel looked new but that is about where it stopped. The room did not have a coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, or even a clock radio. The air conditioning unit/heater was extremely noisy. I took literally 5 minutes to get "warm" not hot but warm water to the room before I could take a shower. They do not serve breakfast, only coffee. To use the computer in the lobby you must have a credit card. I think for what they are charging for this place a few amenities should be provided.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Port Hueneme, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Don't know why all the neg reviews. The price was even cheaper than most Motel 6 we have stayed. The best employee is Heather she has a smile and greeting that is not fake and the most helpful of all.

If you want the Ritz go pay for it but if you want to have more spending money in your pocket stay here and take the shuttle from the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I can't complain. The rooms aren't as large as they seem in the picture, but everything was in good condition and clean enough, like all motels I've stayed at near Disneyland the really detailed cleaning gets behind sometimes. The staff was friendly and helpful. Things I didn't like were that smoking rooms were next to non smoking rooms. Since the A/C units are on the outside of the rooms the smokers smoke from outside wafted into our room all night. Just really awful for an avid non smoker. There were some sketchy people but I didn't feel unsafe. We wouldn't stay again just because the room is not big enough for our family. If our family was smaller I would hesitate to stay there again if we were on a budget. I'm going to put the same caveat I always do on motels/hotels that accept pets. People clean up after your dogs!! I personally cleaned up fifteen piles that didn't belong to my dogs just so I could walk them without stepping on something. How hard is it to get a bag and pick up your dogs poop? If you aren't responsible enough to do that leave your dog at home or at a kennel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Pahrump, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have been going there now for the past 5 years (Once a Year) on my Annual Disneyland trip. The place has extremely friendly and helpful Staff. The rooms are more than adequite for myself and my friends. Always clean and very comfortable. For the price you pay I feel it would really be hard to get better. I know it is my first choice all the time.

Room Tip: All are good we prefer the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

For the price paid ($70/night including taxes), I thought it was just fine - we were only in our rooms to sleep after long days at the park. Our room was very clean and had a nice new bathtub/shower and sink. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. It was just a short 15 minute walk to Disneyland and restaurants. You can also catch a Shuttle to/from the Park for $5/day (seniors were $2/day). There is also a gift shop in the lobby and vending machine; also an outdoor pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have stayed at this motel 6 a few times over the past few years, most recently 2 times in October for a trip to Disneyland. The motel is very close to the park, about 15 minutes walking distance, and the rooms have been updated to the modern motel 6 decor. The price is anywhere between 59-85/night, depending on what deal you find and what days of the week you are staying. While the rooms look nice, and the price is decent, I have found more and more things that I do not like about the motel.

The first night in October that we stayed, the floor under the bed was dirty with food, and the bathroom floor had hairs on it that were not ours. There was a dog barking in one of the rooms nearby that barked all morning long, and the bed was also extremely uncomfortably and noisy, as my significant other put it, "I think they forgot to put a mattress on this one."
We ended up returning to the motel one additional night later in our trip, knowing it was close to the park and figuring all we needed was a place to sleep. Our room was dirty, sheets were stained, and the bathroom floor was only cleaned as far as the sink extended from the wall, there was dark black dirt underneath the sink with what looked like 2 mop wipes through it where it was definitely not cleaned. Again, hair in the bathroom on the floor that was not ours. The icing on the cake is when you check out, the motel 6 employees ask/suggestively tell you to the them a "10" on their email survey.

I do not expect much from a motel 6, but cleanliness is any motel/hotel should be a standard. Probably won't be staying here again.

The price is decent, but if you search for deals on travel sites like expedia and travelocity, especially top secret deals, you could probably find something close in price that is much more worthwhile and clean!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!