“Great Stay for the seond time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

You added Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate to your Saves list
Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 West Disney Way, I-5 at Katella Avenue /West Disney Way, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #69 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Monterey County, California
“Great Stay for the seond time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Big family trip to Disneyland. Reserved three non -smoking rooms and got them all side by side as requested.
Rooms were very clean again. The hotel has two elevators in the front and back of the site.
Purchased all passes at the hotel including the transit passes to the park.
Very few hotels offer free transit to the park anymore. ATS ( Anaheim Transit System) comes to all the local hotels and I recommend getting the passes.
The hotel is close, but when you are tired a ride is the best way to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting Disneyland. When we had arrived they didn't have me in the top floor like I requested. When I mentioned it right away they pulled me aside and upgraded me to a top floor room with a refrigerator. The room was clean, updated very nice at first glance I so impressed. UNTIL I layed on the bed it felt more like box springs . It just wasn't a very comfortable bed. With that being said I would stay again. And be prepared to wait up to 30 minutes to get the shuttle to Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I and our 2 dogs stayed at this hotel for a week. The room was very clean. The staff was so friendly. The hotel is right around the corner from Disney!! There are lots of shopping and dinning right around the corner. We could see the fire works clearly from the hotel too!!! We will always stay here for now on.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Apple Valley, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I am accustomed to staying in higher end chain hotels like the Hyatt and Hilton, and was slightly hesitant to stay at a Motel 6. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Since it was just my teenage son and I , and we were just looking for an overnight for Disneyland, it worked well. Rooms have been given a facelift and look nice. Beds are pretty comfortable- I slept great. I do suggest bringing your own pillows though. Staff here was awesome. Super nice, super helpful. Shuttle to Disneyland was convenient- 5 dollars for adults and 2 dollars for kids 3-9. Overall, I would say great budget hotel if you basically just need a place to sleep while at Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2012
Eugene, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked the Motel 6 for a spur of the moment trip. I liked the price and I knew that it was within walking distance to the parks. We didn't find any bugs (which I was keeping my eye out for...) The bathroom was not what I would call clean. The floors looked as though the only way they had been mopped was with a damp cloth. They were streaked with dirt. There were stains on the sheets, comforter and towels (some of the scratchiest towels on the planet might I add.) Folded in the scratchy towels were waded up "cleaned" hairs. The decor is minimal but has been remodeled. We didn't notice the traffic noise from I-5 even thought we were very close. If the cleanliness was there I would say that Motel 6 would have a good deal going.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grass Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is great if you are on a budget. There is a charge for everything and the room design is ackward. There is no where to really store your clothes and things. The beds were not the comfortable. I would stay here again if I needed a good budget motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

While the low price was great and the room looked good too, I learned not to judge a book by its cover. I woke up to my wife screaming because there was a roach the size of my hand in the bathroom. It was the biggest roach I've ever seen and I live in NYC mind you. In addition to our roach friend, there was a pesky fly, a few moths and a couple of mosquitos. The maids obviously keep the doors wide open while cleaning. I would have sacrificed clean towels if it meant our critter friends were gone. Other than this, the bed was rock hard. Might as well have slept on the floor. In conclusion, shell out a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. You get what you pay for here.

• Stayed September 2012