“No where to put your stuff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

Expedia.com Booking.com
Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 West Disney Way, I-5 at Katella Avenue /West Disney Way, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #65 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Grass Valley, California
“No where to put your stuff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is great if you are on a budget. There is a charge for everything and the room design is ackward. There is no where to really store your clothes and things. The beds were not the comfortable. I would stay here again if I needed a good budget motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

While the low price was great and the room looked good too, I learned not to judge a book by its cover. I woke up to my wife screaming because there was a roach the size of my hand in the bathroom. It was the biggest roach I've ever seen and I live in NYC mind you. In addition to our roach friend, there was a pesky fly, a few moths and a couple of mosquitos. The maids obviously keep the doors wide open while cleaning. I would have sacrificed clean towels if it meant our critter friends were gone. Other than this, the bed was rock hard. Might as well have slept on the floor. In conclusion, shell out a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. You get what you pay for here.

• Stayed September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My entire family booked with Maingate when we could not find any other hotels(cheap or expensive!) close to DisneyLand during spring break 2012. I mean, it was our fault because we waited last minute to book our rooms, but we didn't realize it was "spring break" & that everyone AND their mother were going to DisneyLand for their spring break! So anyways, we found Maingate online, saw the remodeled rooms & thought they looked nice. We really had no choice but to book the rooms or else we would have to cancel the trip altogether. We weren't expecting anything great or fancy since it was a "Hotel 6" & honestly, we just needed a place to lay our heads for the night since we were gone from early morning to late @ night. We booked 3 rooms, 1 for my family(2 adults & 2 kids) our room included mini fridge & microwave since we brought a little bit of food(lunchables, soda, cup o noodles, yogurt, milk & cereal, etc...) so we wouldn't have to eat out breakfast, lunch AND dinner AND in-between snacks & save some $(which we did!), 1 room for my brothers family(2 adults & 4 kids) & another room for my mother(2 adults). Check in was easy, room & bathroom was very nice & modern(my daughters & I actually LOVED the design & decoration of the room & bathroom). Also very clean. We did not get to use pool due to the cool weather but others were swimming & it looked nice & clean. My family, my brothers family nor my mother & her fiance had any issues whatsoever with our rooms or stay. They had a Disneyland & Adventure Park shuttle right outside lobby that picked up/dropped off frequently(a very very small fee to use), which was awesome. The outside isn't anything special but it's not bad by any means. Overall, we were all VERY happy with our stay here & if we ever plan to go to Disneyland again, this will actually be my first choice just because we had such a great stay, its a great value, the rooms are nice & clean, & because of the shuttle, which takes us straight to and from Disneyland. Also, as a bonus, we were able to watch Disneyland's fireworks from our hotel room every night. I would definitely stay here again &/or recommend it to family & friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Morgan Hill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I book a room for my daughter and her husband for a 2 day trip to Disneyland. Funds were a little tight for the couple so I helped them pick this Motel 6 near the kingdom. They loved the room was very nice and clean with a very modern look and feel. Was a great place for them to stay for the few days the were visiting the Magic Kingdom!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a trip to Disneyland. Check in was easy and the staff was nice. I knew not to expect too much because even though its been renovated, its still Motel 6. When we got to the room I noticed right away that one bed had stains on the sheets. The whole three days we slept on top of the covers. I consistently found someone elses hair every where and the bathroom needed a good scrub. When the maid stocked the towels they would only give us one wash cloth so we had to ask for more since there were two adults and a two year old. Unfortunately we were also put next door to a guest who brought their dog along with them. They locked the dog in the room alone so there was constant barking night & day. I didn't think the hotel was horrible but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Booked through travel agent. Desk clerks at check in were very pleasant as well as helpful. Checked in and informed clerk I had bus (ART) pass/Disney Tickets waiting. They were in the manager's desk locked up. I could have waitied till next day, it was after 11pm after long train ride. Though girl who helped me at front desk was so good to call manager to get my bus and Disney passes. Bus stand was right out by lobby back and forth to Disney, how convenient!
Used pool area and spa, very great to have after walking around Disney all morning and early afternoon. Room was nothing fancy. Though I'd be at Disney most of the time. Come back to use pool room would be all tidied up by maids.
I would tell anyone needing a clean comfortable place to stay at a verrrrrrry reasonable price near the Disneyland Resort, this is the place.
Also desk clerk nice enough to get me a cab back to the train station following my 4-night stay here.
Hope this was some help to those in search of a budget price Motel while visiting The Magic Kingdom and thank you for your time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Highly recommended, only problem is they don't have much parking. But they still get an A++++ It was clean, not noisy, vey private, has a clean pool. The workers are very friendly I have stayed there on three Seperate occasion even if it's not close to my destination! And you also get to enjoy the fire works every night

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!