“Very happy with our stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate to your Saves list
Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 West Disney Way, I-5 at Katella Avenue /West Disney Way, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #63 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very happy with our stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My entire family booked with Maingate when we could not find any other hotels(cheap or expensive!) close to DisneyLand during spring break 2012. I mean, it was our fault because we waited last minute to book our rooms, but we didn't realize it was "spring break" & that everyone AND their mother were going to DisneyLand for their spring break! So anyways, we found Maingate online, saw the remodeled rooms & thought they looked nice. We really had no choice but to book the rooms or else we would have to cancel the trip altogether. We weren't expecting anything great or fancy since it was a "Hotel 6" & honestly, we just needed a place to lay our heads for the night since we were gone from early morning to late @ night. We booked 3 rooms, 1 for my family(2 adults & 2 kids) our room included mini fridge & microwave since we brought a little bit of food(lunchables, soda, cup o noodles, yogurt, milk & cereal, etc...) so we wouldn't have to eat out breakfast, lunch AND dinner AND in-between snacks & save some $(which we did!), 1 room for my brothers family(2 adults & 4 kids) & another room for my mother(2 adults). Check in was easy, room & bathroom was very nice & modern(my daughters & I actually LOVED the design & decoration of the room & bathroom). Also very clean. We did not get to use pool due to the cool weather but others were swimming & it looked nice & clean. My family, my brothers family nor my mother & her fiance had any issues whatsoever with our rooms or stay. They had a Disneyland & Adventure Park shuttle right outside lobby that picked up/dropped off frequently(a very very small fee to use), which was awesome. The outside isn't anything special but it's not bad by any means. Overall, we were all VERY happy with our stay here & if we ever plan to go to Disneyland again, this will actually be my first choice just because we had such a great stay, its a great value, the rooms are nice & clean, & because of the shuttle, which takes us straight to and from Disneyland. Also, as a bonus, we were able to watch Disneyland's fireworks from our hotel room every night. I would definitely stay here again &/or recommend it to family & friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Morgan Hill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I book a room for my daughter and her husband for a 2 day trip to Disneyland. Funds were a little tight for the couple so I helped them pick this Motel 6 near the kingdom. They loved the room was very nice and clean with a very modern look and feel. Was a great place for them to stay for the few days the were visiting the Magic Kingdom!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a trip to Disneyland. Check in was easy and the staff was nice. I knew not to expect too much because even though its been renovated, its still Motel 6. When we got to the room I noticed right away that one bed had stains on the sheets. The whole three days we slept on top of the covers. I consistently found someone elses hair every where and the bathroom needed a good scrub. When the maid stocked the towels they would only give us one wash cloth so we had to ask for more since there were two adults and a two year old. Unfortunately we were also put next door to a guest who brought their dog along with them. They locked the dog in the room alone so there was constant barking night & day. I didn't think the hotel was horrible but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Booked through travel agent. Desk clerks at check in were very pleasant as well as helpful. Checked in and informed clerk I had bus (ART) pass/Disney Tickets waiting. They were in the manager's desk locked up. I could have waitied till next day, it was after 11pm after long train ride. Though girl who helped me at front desk was so good to call manager to get my bus and Disney passes. Bus stand was right out by lobby back and forth to Disney, how convenient!
Used pool area and spa, very great to have after walking around Disney all morning and early afternoon. Room was nothing fancy. Though I'd be at Disney most of the time. Come back to use pool room would be all tidied up by maids.
I would tell anyone needing a clean comfortable place to stay at a verrrrrrry reasonable price near the Disneyland Resort, this is the place.
Also desk clerk nice enough to get me a cab back to the train station following my 4-night stay here.
Hope this was some help to those in search of a budget price Motel while visiting The Magic Kingdom and thank you for your time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Highly recommended, only problem is they don't have much parking. But they still get an A++++ It was clean, not noisy, vey private, has a clean pool. The workers are very friendly I have stayed there on three Seperate occasion even if it's not close to my destination! And you also get to enjoy the fire works every night

• Stayed May 2012
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

After a horrible experience at a motel 6 in San Diego, we figured we would give them one more try. (It didnt help that we had a free night due to the horrible experience). We surprised our son with a trip to Disneyland. Upon checking in we were greeted by a super friendly front desk clerk. We got a non smoking king room on the 4th floor, the room was spacious had lots of storage space, bed was comfortable, bathroom was spotless and television had a wide variety of channels we got to watch the Disneyland fireworks from our room. We had a blast and had no issues with the property. we will return very soon.

Room Tip: If you need a fridge request it when making reservation. as they sell out fast
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We traveled down to Anaheim on business and on pleasure. I had an event set-up on Saturday night and my husband had business training on the following Monday and Tuesday so we decided to stay Saturday-Wednesday. We were also traveling with my mom and our dog. I searched and searched for decently priced 2 room suites in the area and only came across suites that included twin or full sized beds in the other room due to the fact that it is the Disneyland area. We came across the Motel 6 online and found that we could get two rooms for almost the price of one anywhere else and booked right away. Pets stay free which was also a plus! We did call the hotel to see if they had adjoining rooms and were told that they did and to write a note in the comment section of our reservation that we wanted adjoining rooms. We did. Upon check in, we were met by a friendly hotel clerk that checked us in (and early on top of that). When we got to our rooms, we realized that they were next to each other but not adjoining. Called down to the desk to see if it was a mistake and was told that all of the adjoining rooms were already taken and that they are never guaranteed. We were put on a waiting list so that when one became available we'd get to move rooms. It is still such a busy time of the year down south, that we never got to move rooms, however, we still loved our stay! The only reason I am even mentioning this is so people traveling with children can plan ahead if they have to have adjoining rooms.

The hotel is just a couple of blocks from Disneyland and is within a block of the Anaheim Garden Walk. You can see the Disneyland fireworks from the hotel which was an added perk. This Motel 6 features a huge lobby with a business and sitting area, coffee station (free coffee each morning), multiple vending machines, arcade games, gift shop, restrooms, a microwave for hotel guests to use and several dining tables for people to sit and eat at. They also offer mini fridges for $3.99 a day but they aren't guaranteed as well unless you book a room online with a mini fridge. We brought a cooler filled with food and hoped to transfer it to a fridge when we got there but the fridges were all reserved. We just kept our cooler filled with ice from the ice machine that was two rooms away. It was nice to not have to eat out for every meal and have the use of a microwave downstairs to heat food.

The hotel was packed but we found our stay to be quiet. Around 7 in the morning, the noise would pick up a bit as people got up and headed out for the park and would then again later in the evening. The pool was always filled with people and even then, we didn't hear much noise even though we were near it. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were huge! Much larger than several other newly remodeled Motel 6's we've stayed at.

All in all, we had a comfortable 4 night stay and plan to return. Can't beat the price and the hotel staff were all very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!