“Fabuous for Motel 6 ! VERY VERY NICE !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate to your Saves list
Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 West Disney Way, I-5 at Katella Avenue /West Disney Way, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #63 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Monterey County, California
“Fabuous for Motel 6 ! VERY VERY NICE !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Wow. Pleasantly surprised. Lobby was very nice, fresh coffee is served. Gift shop was cute. Service was excellent. Right after check in, they called to see how I liked the room and if I needed anything.
Rooms have been redone with IKEA style furniture and are huge ! Pet friendly and CLEAN !
The rooms are huge and so is the bathroom. They even provide shampoo and conditioner.
If you dont want room cleaning service, you just let the front desk know and they handle it. Extra towels ? Not a problem ! You get plenty when you ask.
Beds were clean and comfortable.
Price was $79.99 for two queens. $82.99 for the same with a fridge.
I will always stay here. Its walk, but you can walk to Disneyland and the Garden Walk is right around the corner.
Love this place.
Cant say enough about my great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
California Hot Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I came for a Disney trip from July 5th to the 8th, 2012. We had stayed here three years ago and had a good experience then. At that time we stayed in one of their accessible rooms. Maybe those rooms aren't used as much, and are more sound proof but this go round was quite opposite.

The staff, location and price are the only positive things about this property. I have never stayed in a dirtier or louder hotel. We were unpleasantly woken up each morning by the sounds of our neighbors using their bathrooms(lets leave it at that). The maid did visit the room each day, but the floors were probably more clean BEFORE she mopped. Each day I had to wipe them clean just to feel like it was safe to walk barefoot. In the end I wore socks. The bathroom was horrible. The floor was dirty and covered in hair. The towels were dirty and the size of pillow cases. The last morning I was so upset to find a gob of long black hair in the supposed clean towel that I couldn't get out of there fast enough. When we arrived the first day the bedspread was dirty and stained and the sheets weren't much better. We visited the local Wal*Mart and purchased a comforter/sheets set of our own so we could sleep. The A/C unit vent was covered in some sort gross build up.(I tried to put this out of my mind). The exterior of the Motel was well kept but everything about the interior including the filthy elevator was just "dirty". I find it disturbing that Disney would accept this as a Good Neighbor Hotel??. Yes, its near the park, yes its affordable. But in this case you get LESS than you pay for. If you bring your own bedding, towels and earplugs you'll be okay staying here. I would suggest instead of spending your $$ on those things you use it on a better place to stay- wish we had. To Motel 6 - who cares about flat screen TV's when you visit Disney?? Sell those and hire better maids, buy new linens and towels- you just lost two very good customers who were very displeased and DISGUSTED !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

The location is perfect, walking distance to Disneyland. Our rooms were clean and tidy everyday. The price is very cheap. The downside is no breakfast, the laundry service can be costly because the dryers r not the best. I would recommend this hotel and stay again, overall a good value!

• Stayed June 2012
Antioch, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Staff was nice, exterior needed some work but interior newly remodeled and quite comfortable. I was surprised how soundproof the walls were...an unexpected surprise. However, it's definitely economy. The dirty towels only get changed out every three days, there are no microwave, refrigerator, ironing board, hair dry nor coffee maker. Wifi is $3 per day.

If you're looking for a clean and comfortable place to sleep, this is it. If you want all the amenities, look elsewhere.

Oh...buy the Anaheim Resort bus pass. They pick up right at the lobby and drop off at Disneyland. You can transfer there if you need to get elsewhere in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Most people when they hear Motel 6, some people expect not so great stay. From the outside it looks like an okay hotel, and does need some exterior touch ups. Elevator is old, but still works.

THEY HAVE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I can't emphasize how great the everyone who works at Motel 6 was.

My daughter and I stayed in the newly Renovated King Room for 3 days 2 nights. We got there early at 7:30am, and they checked us in (but our room wasn't ready yet - which was fine with us). We left our luggage in the locked up luggage storage area. Then off to Disneyland we went! They let me leave the car parked too (and parking is free). Shuttle service was very convenient. Right outside of the hotel lobby! Plenty of parking. I got lucky with parking right in the front. $4 for round trip for one day or if you are staying longer $10 for a 3 day pass!

We got back at 9:30pm at the hotel, and got our luggage from storage (nothing was missing), keys, and off to our room we went. Oh, and if you forget toothpaste, the front desk will be glad to give you one instead of buying it in the hotel store. Yes there is a hotel store that sells souvenirs, bathroom stuff, drinks, and snacks. We had a view of the pool area. Not noisy at all (at least to me). Very spacious, nicely decorated, great t.v., bed was not too hard but not to soft, and great for the price we paid! We paid over $100 less a night than other hotels I was looking at.

You have the option to have turn down service everyday or every 3 days (Motel 6 way of going green, and also if you are staying longer), but my room was cleaned daily, even though I didn't care if it was daily or every 3rd day.

They let me check out later because I wasn't sure if I would be back in time for regular check out. I made it 15 minutes before late check out, and they were completely great about it. Especially since I still needed to pack.

My overall stay was wonderful. Like I said from the outside it's not going to be your 3-5 star hotel, but the interior was great (especially the stuff)!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect when we booked this hotel, however were not disappointed! It is exceptionaly good value for money! The hotel is about a 10 to 15 minute walk to Disney and very close to many dining options. The rooms are very clean, simple and nicely renovated. We wanted a hotel to mainly sleep as we were at Disney most of the time and this hotel was the perfect choice. In fact we have booked this hotel again for our trip in September and the other three couples that are travelling with us have also booked this hotel too based on our recommendation! We hope we enjoy the experience just as much the second time round!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Napa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Our family of four stayed here May 27 - 31 while going to, wherelse, Disneyland. We booked through Disney Travel. The upper level room facing the park was not ready, so we decided to take a ground floor room. It was just fine! There was no noise coming from the other rooms although the hotel was full. The only problem we ran into was on the 2nd day when our room was not made up in a timely fashion. Then on the 5th day our room was not made up at all. The manager apologized, brought clean towels and offered to make the beds and tidy up. As it was already 10:30 pm, we declined. He said to be sure and mention the problem to the morning manager and he would leave a note. He explained they had recently lost a good portion of their housekeeping staff. The next morning we expected another apology but to our happy surprise we were treated to our breakfast paid for by the hotel. Thank you!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor facing the park offers Disneyland fireworks, but you can take the elevator up from any...