“What is the door even for? I can hear everything outside!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 N. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92801 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #76 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“What is the door even for? I can hear everything outside!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

So lets start with the positive. The hotel staff was super nice. The room is clean. The location is 15-min from disneyland and has free parking, free wifi, free breakfast... All of that is officially nullified by the fact that EVERY SOUND FROM OUTSIDE COMES STRAIGHT THROUGH! The sirens going by, the guy with the diesel truck, the teenagers doing it in the next room... Its bad. Heck, you can see light coming in around the perimeter of the door! This is the last time I stay at a "comfort" inn.

• Stayed July 2013
comfortinnanaheim, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel. I do apologize for the noise issues you experienced in the room. The doors should all be sealed tight with no type of light coming from around the frame. We have a PMP (preventive maintenance program) in action for our rooms and i will add checking the door seals and frame as part of this program. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and give us a chance to change your mind and have a nice peaceful, quite stay. Once again thank you for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here one night after flying here from Australia (14 hour flight) and before going to Disneyland the following day. What a good idea. The room was clean, the service excellent. Check in and out was smooth. Part of the experience is a modest buffet breakfast. All in all it was a very good way to start our vacation and rest before Disneyland.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jan C, Thanks for the great review! I'm happy you had a safe and enjoyable trip here to Anaheim, and hope you really enjoyed disneyland. Our goal is to make every guest happy here, and hope we made your entire stay great. Please visit us again if you come to Disneyland in the future. Once again thank you for staying with us!
Sandy, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This Comfort Inn is one of the seediest in the chain based on my experience. Most of the guests must be either on bus tours or are booked on Mexican travel sites. Kids were running around most of the night without any adult supervision. My bathroom wall was patched but never sanded or repainted. However, the shower was fine, as was the internet. The bed was clean and comfortable. In fact, the entire room was clean. In spite of that, I am surprised that Choice Hotels keeps the property a Comfort Inn. The other Anaheim property on Katella is far superior for only a little higher price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Pklerose, Sorry to hear you had a bad experience her at our property. We do our best to maintain it in a way that meets all of choice hotel brand standards. We do book groups from time to time and I'm sorry they effected your stay. I will check with my maintenance and housekeeping staff about the bathroom repair the rooms should never go back in service with only half of the repair job completed. We are working on improving our product and do hope you try us again in the future, we have some exciting things happening now, and should be completed with them in about 4-6 months. Please feel free to call us and make a reservation. I think youll be presently surprised on your return. Corey S, General Manager 714-635-6461
Mona USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We didnt spend a whole lot of time during the day here so it was ok.

Negative: When we got there we tried out the pool and it was freezing. The hot tub was warm and the bubbler didnt work. The room smelled like a musty, old hotel that has had too many smokers stay there. I was worried about taking off my shoes in the room because the carpet looked suspicious. The walls are super thin and we could here the people below us. They were nice and went to bed early though.
Positive: Even though the floor looked awful the sheets were clean and smelled nice. Pillows were ok. The towels and washclothes were clean and white. Housekeeping did a good job and none of our possesions went missing. Breakfast was actually not bad at all. It was warm and there was a good selection. Close to a Disneyland and other fun places in Anaheim

If you stay here only at night it is well worth your money. It would not be comfortable if you had to stay there all day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with new carpet. They replaced it in some of the rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
comfortinnanaheim, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, i have noted these items you have mentioned and will be sure to see what we can do to fix them. Once again thank you for the review and we really hoe you come back to see us again in the future. We have some excited things going on now and would love to have you back.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am very surprised this hotel has recieved halfway decent reviews. To start, I was welcomed into my room to the overpowering smell of mold and mildew. I did not complain to the front desk because looking at the outside apperance of the hotel and the condition of the pool I assumed every room would have something I didn't like and I didn't want to switch rooms over and over again. I rationalized in my head that I could deal with a bad odor. Since we were in town to visit family we had a very busy day. I went into the room, dropped off my bags and left. I returned back to the room at 11:30-12 midnight to cops in the hotel, which really didn't make me feel very safe at the property. The door to the room doesn't have springs so it slams behind you and every other room extremely loud. When I turned on the lights to the room I was appalled with what I found. There was stains all over the carpet, an unvacuumed floor, stains on the curtains, stains on the bed skirt, cigarrette burns in the blankets, a very loud fan hanging off the celing in the bathroom, hair in the bathtub, a dirty mirror, Brown poop looking marks on the walls, and a water damaged bathroom door. I first thought to myself the room must have been dirty and she accidentally checked me into it. Then I realized that this was the quality of housekeeping they allow. I called down to the desk saying I would only stay one night because I felt unsafe and the very unclean condition of my room. The Front Desk lady said 'ok, bye.' and hung up. She didn't apologize or offer any resolution. I ended up sleeping a total of 45 minutes because of the couple in the room next to us in a huge fist fight with the cops coming back yet again for over 2 hours. My mom locked herself out of the room and walked to the housekeeping room and asked a housekeeper to let her into 236, without showing any form of Identification to a room that wasnt even hers, and she gladly let her in, No questions asked. What if that wasnt my mother, and it was someone coming to steal my belongings... That INFURIATES ME! In the morning I went down to the desk to try and talk to a manager and I started telling the lady about my room and she said it was my fault for not changing rooms when I first went into it. She litterally told me I was the wrong one in this situation. Wouldn't you think it was the housekeepers fault, if not anything else. She never once appologized or offered me a different room, or any resolution for that matter. The breakfast area had sticky unmopped floors, everything was not stocked, no coffee ready, and I could keep going on and on.. No one wore uniforms or name tags so you couldn't tell who worked there. Needless to say, we checked out as soon as possible and are in the process of filing a formal complaint with corporate. If you stay here, beware.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Let me start off by apologizing for your experience here at our hotel. You ran into items I would have never thought would get past my housekeeping staff or my maintenance staff in this room. We have a lot of work to do still at the property and I wanted to let you know I am taking full responsibility of this and making sure not only myself but all of my staff are aware of all of these issues and we do whatever it takes to make sure nothing like this happens to another guest here. I have set up training meetings with both my housekeeping and maintenance crew so they can re-learn the proper way t clean the rooms as well as the preventive maintenance. Right now we are really taking action with this and really hope you try us out again in the future and see what changes we have made. We are all dedicated to this change. Thanks again for your review.
Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The location and value it's worth the stay for sure. It has a pool open till late, good breakfast in the morning and comfortable rooms. Bear in mind that this review comes from and eastern European not used to staying at hotels, so basic in US is luxury where I live. In other words, I enjoyed the property, I stayed twice here and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review, We hope you had a great visit to the States. your feedback is very helpful and we will be sure to take care of the items mentioned. Hope all is well, make sure you come and visit us in the near future.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place was 5mins walking distance to Disneyland. It was value for me since it was only me and my daughter travelling. We were allocated a room with 2x queen beds and an attached room for the child with its own amenities and TV. Purchased tickets for 2 day trip to Disneyland from reception and it was cheaper than the normal price. Staff were very friendly, always willing to help. Came with a wide variety of complimentary breakfast. Rooms were cleaned everyday and fresh towels placed on your beds. Didn't loose anything from the room. Would stay there again if i plan on visiting Disneyland again. Even left the staff some Australian souveniers coz i was so impressed with their service. Great work guys/girls!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. We are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back soon.