“No way!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas
“No way!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Yes, this hotel was affordable. I did not expect to be treated like a queen after what I had paid. However, I did expect to be treated with respect. I arrived a day before my family, since they were coming from Alaska. They presummed that it would just be me in the room since I had checked in solo. The first few days were OK, but things turned when my nephews grandparents came to take the family to Disneyland. They wanted to park in the hotels lot, since my sister and I did not bring a car. The owners refused. Fine. They parked in the Disneyland parking. They next day the grandparents drove up to say goodbye to my nephew. After saying goodbye they left. We then went out front to wait for a cab. The owner saw us and began to harrass my sister, asking what room was she in, and saying that the grandparents had stayed with us for 2 days. The grandparents had been smart and stayed at an exquisite hotel. My sister denied the false accusations and the owner left. I followed him into his office and asked him if there was a problem. He said that there was only one person in my room and showed me the card that said there was one person. I told him that I had booked through a travel site and had specified the amount of people in the room. Upon check in they never asked me how many people were suppossed to be in the room. They were so busy counting the money I had given them that I don't think they cared to ask. Plus, when I checked in I had asked for 2 double beds and 2 keys. Why would I do that for one person? After informing the owner of the travel site specifications he became happy and said, "Oh, OK!" I was going to approach the owner after we came back from San Diego that day but I figured we had 2 more days left on that 9 day reservation. Why bother? Keep quiet and leave on checkout day. I also developed insaine hives after staying there. I have never had hives so I know it was because of the motel. My family also broke out in a rash. Yes, this motel is close to the Gardenwalk and Disneyland, but if you do not want to be want to be harrassed, falsely accussed, and watched 24/7 I think you should stay somewhere else. The extra money you pay will be well worth it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

We visited Anaheim for the Blizzcon 2009. This motel looks quite old from outside but the rooms were really great for the price. I love Bubba Gump Shrimps so I was very happy to discover that there is one just across the street. Rooms very clean and so the bathroom. I had to cancel one night but that was no problem for the owners. There is a pool which we didn't use and free Internet. Located only 10 minutes slow walk from the Anaheim Convention Center (Blizzcon) and the Disneyland. Recommended!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
northern ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My job required me to take a class in Anaheim. I researched online & chose Little Boy Blue since it was cheap & close to the class location. $115 out the door for 2 nights. Checked in around 9 pm. Managers were cordial enough. As I entered my room, I had to put a shoulder into the door because it was sticking to the door jamb. (New paint?). Also, the inside deadbolt didn't work. Okaaayyy? I was met with a tightly spread CalKing bed, large desk, 6 drawer bureau with a 25" CRT color TV on a swivel stand, 2 end tables, mini-fridge w/microwave on top, cocktail table and an office chair (soiled. The comforter on the bed was a tad thin for my liking, but the nice but loud wall AC/Heater would help make up for it. No iron, coffee maker or bathroom heater. Also, no drinking glasses or cups. Icemaker costs a quarter. TV received about 15 channels. No ESPN. Recessed lighting over the bed. Crown molding. Nice ceiling fixtures. Bathroom had mini-soaps and tiny shampoo, conditioner&lotion trio. Fresh towels. Showerhead gave strong pressure and heat. Bed was firm but comfortable. I slept well. I returned from my class the next afternoon, and the room was remade with fresh linen, new towels, and vacuumed carpet. Cool! The continental breakfast is minimal. Carafe'd coffee, OJ, and apple juice, white bread & toaster. Jelly & margarine packs, a 6-pack of powdered donut gems, and an apple danish. Approximately 3 blocks walking distance from Disneyland entrance gate. I enjoyed my stay, and saved some cash by lodging at this tidy, clean, budget motel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
SLC, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

I have stayed at Little Boy Blue many times in the last 2 years with no real problems except little things. This trip was nothing BUT problems. I booked the trip on a site that gave me the total of $145 after taxes and fees. When I arrived they charged me $165. I tried to explain to the manager that she was in the wrong but she barely spoke English and said that I was the one who was confused. Since I didn't have a print out of my statement I had no way to prove my price. I will return with a print out and fight it. The room was clean except for the bathroom, The shampoo and lotion bottles were both pre-opened with the safety sticker reapplied and the shower had 4 or 5 looong black hairs in the shower. GROSS!! On the last day of our stay there was construction on the street outside, at 9 PM we complained to the office and they said "The work is done, they are leaving soon. Turn up the volume on the TV and we will talk about a refund in the morning." After returning to the room, the noise only got louder. So loud that the TV had to be turned up to the point that it bothered the people next door. Continuely during the night we were woken up by the loud noises of a jack hammer and by the room completly shaking. In the morning, we complained again asking for a refund because we got very little sleep. The manager exact words the night before was "Sleep on it and we will talk about a refund.", in the morning he said "You spent the night, you can't get a refund." They continuely lied to us about what they told us before. I will NEVER stay there again!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

For the price, the motel is great. Our room was clean, updated, and I thought was worth more than the $50/night. I stuck my head in another room that wasn't nearly as nice, however. I think I lucked out ;)
The front desk service was all right, they weren't very hospitable but they got the job done. As well, don't depend on the complmentary breakfast of white bread and greasy packaged donuts.
The location is amazing, with many bus stops and even one close by that takes you to downtown LA. Loved it! Possibly staying there again this year, if I don't have a friend to stay with.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

If price and value is your overwhelming top proirity in searching for a place to stay then Little Boy Blue Motel is the place for you.
Booking a room for the single traveler at rates almost twice as low as the next best available choice clinch the deal for us.
Travelling to Disneyland in the summer holiday period from a budget traveler standpoint wasn't really a good idea in restropect, however if you just need a clean, cozy place to sleep and shower in, it fulfills all the requirements.
True, the service isn't really 5star standard but it brings back nostalgia for me who stayed in motel back in the 80's.
Its close proximity to Disneyland and the newly opened Anaheim Gardenwalk Shopping Mall is great for people who dont have a car.
I would highly recommend Little Boy Blue for the tight budget traveler who just want a place to rest in and sleep.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed for two weeks. We had driven straight there from Canada, no stopping and had arrived a few hours before check-in time, but they quickly accomodated us. The receptionist was friendly enough, even if he does not have the clearest English ever. We figured our room was awesome for the price we got it at, with two good sized beds, a tv with good channels, a small fridge and microwave and a clean bathroom. The wireless internet worked awesome too. Across the street from the motel is a new mall, with a movie theatre, shopping and restaurants which is a great way to spend a night to go see a movie or something else. The motel is less than 10 minutes walking distance from the entrance to Disneyland. The pool was also a pretty decently kept pool, and though no one else used it in the entire time we were there, my boyfriend and I enjoyed cooling off after a long day. We did not experience any rudeness from the staff at all in our two week stay. So overall, for my boyfriend and I who were on a budget trip and just looking for a place to sleep and leave our stuff, this was an excellent find.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple