“A good deal and close to Disney” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Call Direct For Best Rate
Ranked #81 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Idaho
“A good deal and close to Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We utilized 5 rooms for everyone in our group. Two of the rooms were completely renovated, the other three still needed work done in the bathrooms. All rooms had newer paint, beds, furniture etc. A couple of the rooms also need new Air Conditioning units as they were old and smelled a little when turned on - you get used to it after a few minutes - not repulsive but noticeable. The previous reviews had us nervous but upon arrival we noticed the management was friendly and had made great efforts to improve from the previous ones. The only thing wrong with the room I stayed in was the need for new carpet or a good steam cleaning. You could tell they had cheap carpet as it stained easily and had some black spots - it probably has a couple more spots now from my kids. I'd be surprised if they don't replace the carpet once all of the renovations are finished. I hope they put in something decent w/ a scotchguard or similar stain protectant. If you stay here please keep your expectations in line with what you are paying. We paid less than $40 per night per room - a steal for a Disneyland hotel within walking distance to the main gate and right across the street to some good dining (PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, Cali Pizza Kitchen - also IHOP was on the corner) - which I'd rather spend my $$ on. Don't expect the landscaping, lobby, pool, and parking lot that you find at the $100/night hotels. This hotel is just a decent place to sleep and recover from a long day at Disney. Don't plan on the hotel being a feature of your stay, although my kids did splash around in the pool a few times - not a luxury pool but sufficient for kids that just care about being in the water. The little complimentary breakfast is a nice gesture but don't bank on it being a part of your meal plans. The rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave for people like us that save money by eating PBJ's, instant oatmeal, cold cereal, and warming up leftovers from PF Chang's. This could also attribute to the stains on the carpet mentioned earlier as there is no where to eat except sitting on the floor or on the edge of the bed - keep this in mind from the previous harsh reviews. Overall we left satisfied with what we had paid (or didn't have to pay). We would stay here again.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Riverton, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

Okay, sure, it is not the nicest looking motel. But for the price, it is clean. We stay there almost every time we go to Disneyland because it is within walking Dineyland and is cheap. The management is really helpful and there is a small breakfast provided in the morning. If you don't care what the room looks like and want to save money, try it out.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Glendale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

When I read the previous reviews of this hotel I was very concerned. Once we checked in, I did a thorough check of the carpet, shower, toilet, fridge, and under the beds. New management has done an excellent job of turning it around. All of the linens were new as well as the furniture, fridge, and microwave. This hotel was under priced compared to what we received and the surrounding hotels and their prices. We will stay again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

My sister and I stayed at room 103 for three nights and find the place better than we expected. Though when we first entered the room it smelled a bit "old", this cleared after a while. It seems to be newly refurbished and painted and nothing like what the other reviews I’ve read (clean and new microwave, refrigerator, cable TV, bed linen and daily fresh towels). This is because of the recent efforts done by the new management to renovate the place. The manager is very helpful and accommodating and even helped us with our arrangements for airport pick-up. The breakfast is superb – coffee, apple juice or orange juice with croissant, toasted bread, mini donuts and cookies. The location is great, only 10-minute leisure walk from Disneyland. We’re definitely recommending the place!

• Liked — The location and the price
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SF Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

DO NOT STAY HERE. This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in. It was filthy and I chose to ignore my inner voice and didn't check out right away. In the morning I found dead bed bugs in the sheets! And then realized later I had been bitten all over my body...face, neck, hands, arms, legs...any part of my body that hadn't been clothed. This experience was DISGUSTING and very uncomfortable for several days. The worst part is that I recently realized I took stowaway bedbugs home and have had the whole house steam cleaned and exterminated. I honestly would have preferred sleeping in my car to my experience at the Little Boy Blue Motel.
I will say the people are very nice, but they need a higher standard of cleanliness before they can charge another person to sleep there.

• Liked — Nothing. Well, close to Disneyland and Convention Center.
  • Disliked — BED BUGS, lack of cleanliness, bad smell.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)