“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1240 South Walnut, one block from Disneyland, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great service from veronica, javier and Erika. We came in early with kids and luggage. The hotel was fully booked and rooms were not available for early check in. The team made us comfortable by offering breakfast coupons and storage place for the luggage. This went a long way to make out life easy. Great service from veronica, javier and Erika. We came in early with kids and luggage. The hotel was fully booked and rooms were not available for early check in. The team made us comfortable by offering breakfast coupons and storage place for the luggage. This went a long way to make out life easy.

• Stayed June 2013
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We really appreciate your business and I am extremely happy my staff made you feel at home.

We hope to see you again!!

Tom Van Winkle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was mostly a positive experience. Close to Disneyland and shuttles every 15-20 mins going to the parks. The rooms were neat, clean and roomy and tidied everyday. My kids loved the pool area. We had a great view from our room of the pool and restaurant lights. The food was tasty but needed more variety especially if you are staying there for a longer period. The staff were friendly and there to help however not as friendly as what I'm used to in Australia or the south pacific. The gift shop was great and the pricing good. I would recommend this hotel if you're going to Disneyland however if you want to explore other parts of California stay closer to LA as it's very expensive to get transport to LA, Hollywood etc. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel wasn't the worst I had ever stayed in, but it was far from the best. It was remarkably close to Disneyland, so the location was great, but everything else to me just seemed sub-par. I stayed here with the fam while on summer vaca. The beds were whatevs, as a whole I just wasn't impressed. Pretty run of the mill.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Since you stayed here back in July of 2012, I'd like to point out that we have completely re-done our exterior appearance and put new furniture in our rooms. We have begun construction of a very cool Splash Park and have added one more two bedroom two bath suites to themed decor. This is a pirate themed room along with our two Disney Pixar/Cars themed rooms.

We do hope you come again and see our improvements. And we are still the perfect location for the Disneyland Resort.

Best regards,

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel specifically because we had 5 people and needed a larger room with more bedding and close to Disney. It was PERFECT. We stayed in a 2 bed suite with a pull out and it also included mini fridge microwave and sink with a bar area. we had plenty of room. It was clean quiet and comfortable. After reading some reviews about the longer than expected walk to Disney, I expected much worse......we were totally fine with it, and even though the evening time walk was not as fun......we were happy to have a nice rom to crash in! Breakfast was great and with the kids eating free, for our family of 5......was a big savings for us. All of the Staff was very nice. One other thing that was great. we were able to buy our Disney hopper passes with the hotel. We saved a little bit here as well vs. going with Disney directly. so I highly recommend waiting to get your passes until you get there! The ONLY bad this I would say......the pull out sofa needed a new mattress badly....while I understand sofa sleepers are the most comfortable beds anyway....and our 10 year old had no problem on it......there was no way My husband or I could have slept on it.......but otherwise....... NICE JOB HOLIDAY INN!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel and we do hope to see you again on your next visit to the Magic Kingdom!!

Best Regards,

Derby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after visiting Vegas and Catalina Island. Fairly typical three star Holiday Inn. Reasonable size room with small bathroom and inadequate storage space. Not a great problem as we were only here for two nights. It's a short one long block walk to Disney. Took us just over ten minutes and is the nearest you can get without staying at an overpriced Disney Hotel. Good meals in the Restaurant and the buffet breakfast was good value. Staff very friendly and helpful, service in the Restaurant was excellent. Hotel could do with a bit of a makeover but all in all a good value enjoyable stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

First off I am a priority club member, if you are not... sign up. It's a good program and you can get good deals and get points to use on free nights or even merchandise not affiliated with the hotel.
This was not our first choice, but couldn't pass up the price. I took advantage of the family pizza deal, which is a large 2 topping pizza and sodas each night free or if pizza isn't your thing it is also a $20 credit towards anything at the restaurant or bar. We also received kids eat free vouchers for each day. We had the pizza dinner 2 nights and used the vouchers towards breakfast on days we had dinner elsewhere. This was a nice added bonus.

When we arrived the lobby was nice and clean. As a club member I was taken care of promptly and was given complementary cold waters and chocolates. The man at the desk was very helpful.

The room, nothing special. If your going to Disneyland and plan on taking your own food, these rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves. We had the 2 queen bed room. The beds were on the small side more like full than queen. It appeared to be clean. The view was less to be desired, we faced north which looks upon a lot being developed for another hotel, so in the mornings you heard the construction going on.
Although the weather was nice it was still stuffy in the rooms and we had the air conditioner running and it wasn't very cool. The beds were very firm, we are used to softer beds so we didn't sleep very well. The bathroom was very small and when you took a shower the fire alarm would go off, even if the door was closed. When traveling to places where you just need a room to get a good night sleep, especially after walking all day, it was a miss for us.

The Disneyland park is southeast of this hotel and is a 15 min walk. My 8 and 5 year old made it just fine without complaining. And you travel through Downtown Disney to get to the main park, so in case you forgot a souvenir on the way back you can get it there as well as catch a meal or a movie. We spent most of the time at the Lego store. They do have a shuttle to Disney but it is not free, we took a cab one night it was $7 which was less than the $16 for the shuttle. Parking at hotel is $10/night which is no big deal, it's more at other hotels. My kids loved the heated pool and we could catch the fireworks from there as well.

The breakfast was good and filling. The pizza was not bad, just basic pizza. But it was nice not to worry about dinner after a long day. We didn't get to try much if the menu since we ate at Disney most of the week.

The staff was friendly and helpful, housekeeping needs improvement. The hallway was riddled with crumbs and was not noticeably vacuumed during our stay. There was a wash cloth left in the bathroom from the prior room guests that was not removed, my 5 year old found a pink pill on the floor and luckily gave it to her older brother who then gave it to us. This upset me, not only the fact the room was not thoroughly cleaned but this could have been something that could have harmed my child. When I brought it up to the front desk they assumed it could have been ours but I assured him it wasn't. We had received a credit on our bill. He assured me he would bring it up to the staff. I could have asked for a new room, but didn't want to drag all of our stuff to another room.

Don't get me wrong it's not that bad of a hotel, I've stayed in worse... But it does need improvement. I want to be thorough and honest so you can have a good idea of this hotel. Would we stay again...probably give it a second shot. If my first choice is not available this would be my second or third. I wish I could make it my first but house keeping dropped the ball.

• Stayed June 2013
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize about our housekeeping issues. We take our cleanliness very seriously here and I assure you our Housekeeping Manager is aggressively addressing the issues you mentioned. I am glad you enjoyed our location and we do hope to see you and your family again.

Best regards,

Delta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here for 5 ngihts and absolutely loved it. The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful ( especially Javier) The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was good. Bonus that kids eat free. The pool was a great way to end the day. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. the only thing we missed was a fridge. OVerall, its a very clean and friendly hotel. Would diffenatly recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are very happy you had a good time here. We do hope to see you again soon.

Tom Van Winkle

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)? Share your experiences!