“Clean, Friendly Hotel - Location Not Ideal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1240 South Walnut, one block from Disneyland, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #41 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Los Angeles, California
“Clean, Friendly Hotel - Location Not Ideal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel stay was wonderful! Clean rooms that are upgraded and large, felt comfortable with family of three older siblings and myself.

The restaurant food was great and priced well.

Helpful staff, never ran into any issues.

My only complaint about the hotel (which is not something they can control) is the location. While the location is *technically* a block away, it is actually situated in an odd location to the theme parks where the main entrance is not close at all. if you are traveling with small kids, I can see the walk back to the hotel at night being not enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This being our 3rd trip to Disneyland in the last 4 years, we were looking forward to staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel as it billed itself as very close to the theme park...it's not! With 3 kids in tow it is a long 20 minute walk to the Disneyland entrance. There is apparently a shuttle, however they actually charge guests to use it. The hotel is located next to a postal depot center and across from a residential neighborhood, in other words in the middle of no-where. There are no restaurants (other than the one in the hotel), and no services. The hotel itself was OK, however with only 1 small elevator (we stayed on the 4th floor) the wait was ridiculous, especially with luggage when we tried to check out at 8:00am. The pool was small and did not allow a lot of sunshine, as it is shaded by the hotel. The rooms were clean, but hardly enough to make us return. We previously stayed a the Camelot Inn on Katella Street and found that location far superior. If you are planning a family holiday to Disneyland, I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear James O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the proximity of the hotel to the park was not as expected. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our mistake for booking here as we had no intention of visiting Disneyland. So location is not convenient for much else. The hotel is good. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The pool area is quite relaxing. Restaurant is average and adequate for this style of hotel. If you are a Disney fan, this hotel is family friendly and the location is ideal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do agree that being the closest non-Disney hotel to the only park entrance outside of the main gate is perfect for visiting Disneyland. Many of our guests that don't go to Disneyland also like the fact we are on the quiet side of the park rather than the congested area of Harbor and Katella streets. So we hope you choose us again next time you are in the area. We'd love to see you again!

Best regards,

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I requested the crib for my little one like a month ago but when I arrived they said I didn't requested.OMG! Not close to the park and yes, no mini fridge! My kids need to take medicine and need a fridge to keep the medicine! As the other people said, the pillow is terrible!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are embarrassed about not having your crib ready for you when you got here and we have put better procedures in place to make sure this doesn't happen again. We do have a limited number of fridges and microwaves available and I am sorry we didn't have one for you and your family.

Thank you again for letting us know what happened.

Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel was very reasonably priced (even a little cheap), so my expectations were low. I have to say that I was impressed. The room was clean and comfortable, plenty of space for my family of four. The onsite restaurant was clean and well priced too. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We checked into the hotel and were very impressed with the welcome we received from the front desk staff. When we went to the room, however we had to dodge construction that is currently underway at the hotel. Once in the room my daughter sat down on the floor to take offs her shoes and found herself sitting in a large puddle of what smelled suspiciously like urine. We were offered another room but that left us even further away from the front door. On the morning we decided to sleep in we were woken by construction noise. On the issue if sleep the beds were quite comfortable but the pillows were weird squares, stuffed with hard squares of foam-nasty.

The location is not exactly close to the gates of the park. We have no problem walking but found the walk longer than the advertised 1 block. It is one long block to the entrance of the Disney parking area then 3 blocks to downtown Disney, then 10 more minutes to the front gate. I had booked HoJo and regret the change but the deal I got on Hotwire seemed worth it at the time of booking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for telling us about how your stay went. We do apologize for the leak in your room and I assure you it was fixed. Our walk time time to the park entrance is averaging 12 to 15 minutes and that is the most convenient way to enter the park at the Monorail stop there if you already have tickets or passes. With our exterior painting nearly complete, we do hope you would reconsider trying us again. Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel if I can be of any further assistance.

Santa Paula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I took cash w/out thinking to pay for my room. Yes, dumb I know better than that and of course it caused a problem at check-in. Instead of giving me a minute to figure things out, the man at the front desk asked me if I wanted him to call another hotel. If it weren't for other people in our group being checked in I definitely would've have gone to another hotel! After figuring things out, I went back to the hotel expecting to have to deal w the same man and was not too happy but thank goodness I was greeted with a smile by another staff member. What an awesome, awesome person he is! His name was Victor. He was so respectful, he helped me get all checked in and treated my family and I like royalty. Every hotel needs staff members like him! Thanks to Victor, he made our stay a much happier one!

The Restaurant was good, the kids loved it and loved the TVs at the table. Every staff member we came across in the restauant were so friendly and so helpful.

The Walk to Disney was cold and a little far for younger kids after a long day at Disneyland but not too bad for adults and older kids.

My husband and I used the fitness area, it was neat and clean. The hotel is a little outdated but clean. The pillows were terrible. I didn't like to have to pay to park and I also didn't like that the shuttle service to Disneyland was not free.

Would we stay here again? Yes, we probably would. :)

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are glad everyone had a good time and we hope to see you again soon! I've also given Victor kudos for a job well done and I appreciate you letting me know how he performed.