“Short walk to Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1240 South Walnut, one block from Disneyland, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Roseville, California
“Short walk to Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel was very reasonably priced (even a little cheap), so my expectations were low. I have to say that I was impressed. The room was clean and comfortable, plenty of space for my family of four. The onsite restaurant was clean and well priced too. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Tom Van Winkle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Indonesian first
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We checked into the hotel and were very impressed with the welcome we received from the front desk staff. When we went to the room, however we had to dodge construction that is currently underway at the hotel. Once in the room my daughter sat down on the floor to take offs her shoes and found herself sitting in a large puddle of what smelled suspiciously like urine. We were offered another room but that left us even further away from the front door. On the morning we decided to sleep in we were woken by construction noise. On the issue if sleep the beds were quite comfortable but the pillows were weird squares, stuffed with hard squares of foam-nasty.

The location is not exactly close to the gates of the park. We have no problem walking but found the walk longer than the advertised 1 block. It is one long block to the entrance of the Disney parking area then 3 blocks to downtown Disney, then 10 more minutes to the front gate. I had booked HoJo and regret the change but the deal I got on Hotwire seemed worth it at the time of booking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for telling us about how your stay went. We do apologize for the leak in your room and I assure you it was fixed. Our walk time time to the park entrance is averaging 12 to 15 minutes and that is the most convenient way to enter the park at the Monorail stop there if you already have tickets or passes. With our exterior painting nearly complete, we do hope you would reconsider trying us again. Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel if I can be of any further assistance.

Santa Paula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I took cash w/out thinking to pay for my room. Yes, dumb I know better than that and of course it caused a problem at check-in. Instead of giving me a minute to figure things out, the man at the front desk asked me if I wanted him to call another hotel. If it weren't for other people in our group being checked in I definitely would've have gone to another hotel! After figuring things out, I went back to the hotel expecting to have to deal w the same man and was not too happy but thank goodness I was greeted with a smile by another staff member. What an awesome, awesome person he is! His name was Victor. He was so respectful, he helped me get all checked in and treated my family and I like royalty. Every hotel needs staff members like him! Thanks to Victor, he made our stay a much happier one!

The Restaurant was good, the kids loved it and loved the TVs at the table. Every staff member we came across in the restauant were so friendly and so helpful.

The Walk to Disney was cold and a little far for younger kids after a long day at Disneyland but not too bad for adults and older kids.

My husband and I used the fitness area, it was neat and clean. The hotel is a little outdated but clean. The pillows were terrible. I didn't like to have to pay to park and I also didn't like that the shuttle service to Disneyland was not free.

Would we stay here again? Yes, we probably would. :)

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are glad everyone had a good time and we hope to see you again soon! I've also given Victor kudos for a job well done and I appreciate you letting me know how he performed.

Tropic, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family checked in on a trip to Disneyland (January 2013). Upon walking in the front door, the first thing I see is people consuming alcohol at an open bar which doubles as their breakfast area. They offer no free breakfasts. The hotel lobby, hallways, and room were outdated and run down. I saw wall paper peeling off the walls in the hallways and their elevators were terribly slow. Everything in the room felt like it was coated with something - most likely some cleaning spray as the smell of Lysol or something like it permeated the entire room. Instead of a normal pillow, they provide these square shaped pillows on the beds that aren't comfortable in the least. My wife and I found another hotel online and checked out the very next day staying less than 24 hours. For the prices they ask, I'm quite confident you can find a much better place. I gave them a poor rating over a terrible rating as their wi-fi worked very well which helped us book somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear J G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Your comments about the room conditions have been documented and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at every turn! The service at this hotel was outstanding....the staff, in particular, Joshua at the front desk, made every effort to accommodate us and were super friendly and efficient. The restaurant food was always very good and reasonably priced. On a few occasions we actually made the trip back from Disney just for a meal. The hotel was a very easy walk to downtown Disney. My 3 kids never complained about it being too far. Great value for the $.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are thrilled you and your family had a good time. We do hope to see you again the next time you come to the area!

Roseville, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just got back, and well, I really liked this property the last two times I stayed there (gave it 4 stars over a year ago), but this time wasn't as good.
At check in I tried to get a refrigerator for my son's medications. They told me they'd call my room within 30 minutes after locating one... well, I waited for an hour and never got a call, when I called back they basically said they didn't have any, and there was nothing they could do. I made a trip to the store and picked up a foam ice chest to get us through the night. Next Morning I ask the desk again, and they now have a ton of them, for a $10/night fee. I've been staying at the Hilton a few times in the past year, while they also don't have them in rooms, they bring them to your room without any issues (usually before you get there), and no charge.
I ended just refilling the foam cooler every night rather than deal with the fridge.

A little more than a year ago I wrote that the one thing this hotel needs is a small fridge in rooms, a manager responded that they were adding them to all rooms in the remodel. Well, I was in a remodeled room... where was the fridge?

The cleaning staff wasn't on par either, along with the bathroom being dirty (more it's just old and worn out, although the floor had black marks on it as if someone spilled mascara on it, we left for the park between 8:30am, and came back at 2:30pm for a nap... the room wasn't serviced... they showed up after 4PM, and basically could only dump the trash as they couldn't wait anymore due to a shift change. I had to talk to the cleaning staff about it, they did make corrections on the following day, but I've never had this problem before...

I also noticed they were slow, IE next unit had room service, and the trays stayed in the hallway for nearly 24 hrs before someone picked them up, it left a fairly strong smell in the hallway. (the hallways of this place seem to be fairly stagnant, although this may be due to the stucco work being done.). (Speaking of which I had a wonderful view of plastic and scaffolding during my stay, plus a few workers looking into our room in the morning while getting ready.)

Also, finding the ice machines is like going through a maze, and other guests once they saw my ice where like "where'd you find that, I ended up at the shell station"... The signs are all wrong, there is no ice on the 2nd floor of the 3rd building, you have to go down to the 1st and to the east end to find it although the signs say it on the west of the 2nd floor (trust me, I looked many times, there's no machine there).

The pool was cloudy, and needs better servicing, high smell of chlorine, which is usually a sign of dead chlorine, which is not good.

Another weird thing is the $10 Parking Fee (normal, in fact about $5 below the going rate in the area), was they also charge Tax and Resort Fees on top of that (Basically Tax on the Parking?), adding about $2 a night on top... strange in that the Hilton (which charges $15/day) doesn't charge these taxes... never seen a tax on a parking fee, but maybe something changed in the area... just new to me.

Room Tip: Back rooms are better that the front... this time I was in Building 3... in the past been in 5.. see...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us. We do apologize for the service issues you had and I assure you we are taking every step to make sure they do not happen again. Also, the City of Anaheim requires that hotels that charge for parking must also charge the city's accomodation taxes associated with that charge. As we finished our work on the exterior of the building we hope you will decide to visit us again and see our improvements.

Hamilton, NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Location has to be a must as well as the size of the family suite. We are a family of 5 and fitted more than comfortably into the suite, along with 5 large suitcases. The ART stopping at the door was also a bonus for us. The breakfast was good and reasonably priced. Couldn't fault the hotel and hopefully will be back in 2014!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments! We too look forward to seeing you next year!!

Thank you!

Tom Van Winkle

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)? Share your experiences!