“Booked for March 17-24” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1240 South Walnut, one block from Disneyland, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #36 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Booked for March 17-24”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I just booked this hotel today to take my grandson to Disnryland. I booked through a travel agent. I initially asked for.a suite so I could have some time to myself after he went to sleep. But she told me there were no suites available. I was very excited about staying at this hotel until I read the reviews. My travel agent neglected to tell me there were no refrigerators in the rooms. This is a major unconvinced for me travelling with a 7 year old who has health issues and I won't be able to have any refrigerator snacks or healthy foods on hand. I wonder if it's too late for me to change hotels. To read the closest place to eat is in the hotel and it is pricey scares me.

If I am not able to change hotels hopefully the positive I read makes up for the shortcomings. I will just have to buy a cooler to store snacks to replace a refrigerator.
Frusterating as in Canada all our hotels have mini refrigerators.

Melissa Klasen

• Stayed February 2013
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, February 25, 2013
HI there. We do have a limited amount fridges and microwaves available. I've reserved them for you and we look forward to seeing you in March! Please call me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

714-535-0300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Indonesian first
Fremont, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in a standard 2 queen bedroom over a holiday weekend and the first 3 nights were fine. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful at this point. On our 3rd day at Disneyland we checked our bank account to find out that the hotel charged us over $200 extra by mistake. I called the hotel and was placed on hold for 10 minutes!! I ended up hanging up and calling back and the front desk put me on hold again to look into for 8 minutes.. When they came back on the line they told me that the guy who had checked us in made a mistake and charged our full amount rather than just the partial for the deposit and that they would refund the money within 5 days.. No big deal right? He also agreed to give me a receipt for records as they made a mistake. Later that night when we returned to the hotel we found ants crawling over the bed adjacent to the one we were sleeping in and we called the front desk. They asked if they could send someone up from housekeeping to look at it. (keep in mind that our days were spent at disneyland from opening to closing and all our meals were outside of the hotel.) The guy that was sent up looked at the bed and left. He didn't speak English very well so my fiance wasn't sure what he said and then the front desk called us and asked us if housekeeping came up then he said that the ants did not seem to keep coming and that he thought that was all that it was going to be. He said the hotel was booked and we couldn't switch rooms although he had mentioned that earlier as being an option, but since the ants were not spreading he said if it got worse he could send someone up to change the linens and he would give us free breakfast vouchers. Due to the fact that we had already paid for our room, we did not have many options. I checked all the linens in our bed to make sure there were not any ants which thankfully there were not. The next morning we went to the front desk, to get the breakfast vouchers and the woman at the front desk apologized and offered us a later check out (at 12pm instead of 11am) which we did not take and gave us our breakfast vouchers. She also comped 2 days of the parking fees for a total of $23- We thanked her and went to the restaurant at the hotel. At that point I realized I forgot to get the receipt that was promised and went back to her to get and she told me that no mistake was made and that she could not give me a receipt unless she hand wrote it. Really? Get your stories straight people!! The front desk manager from the night before, Roberto, clearly said a mistake was made and that he would provide a receipt when we got to the front desk.
When we were seated we found out the breakfast voucher was only good for one specific meal on the menu and if we ordered anything other than that meal it was full price or we could get the buffet and pay $4. We waited for someone to come to our table and bring coffee or even ask if we wanted anything to drink. No one came by and we decided to go get the buffet at that point and came back to the table and still no one stopped by. We saw a table approached 4 separate times for water, coffee, etc and we still were never approached. The table next to us was seated right about the time we decided to go to the buffet and when we got back neither of us had been approached. I tried to flag someone down but nobody came by. We finished our breakfast without beverages (coffee) and sat their for a good 5 minutes waiting for someone to bring our bill by. The table next to us was finally approached and coffee brought and then the server came to us and asked if we wanted anything to drink. Are you serious? We had our napkins on the table and clearly had already eaten. I told her it was too late but we would like our bill. We were still charged for the bill even without any form of service. This was the final straw for us and we will never come back to this hotel again. EVER.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are very sorry we did not provide you with our normal excellent service. I assure you my staff and myself are doing everything in our power to make sure this does not happen again.

We would love to have you stay with us again and allow us to show you our improvements. Please call me at the hotel if you have any questions or comments.

714-678-0301
ducka62
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We took a trip to Southern California with our 2 year old grand daughter and had a great stay at this hotel. The front desk staff, the restaurant employees, and housekeeping staff were very helpful and professional. We have stayed here before and will again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. I will definitely share them with our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Anaheim
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

1. After checking in I went up to my assigned room only to my horror to find out I was given a room already occupied by a couple that obvious didn't want to be interrupted.

I had to lug all my luggage back to the front and wait another 10 minutes to have my room reassigned.

The next morning someone from the outside neighborhood had managed to get into the hotel and the gym where I was working out. Apparently the door between the pool and the entrance was not locking. I was scared because of the things he was asking, saying and suggesting to me.

I was not able to complete my workout and was frazzled for quite some time. After calling my husband, I went to the front dest to express my concerns. Upon checking out the front desk clerk indicated that for my trouble they were going to contact your company and have 50% of by bill reimbursed. To date I have not seen a reimbursement.

I do not even know who or how I am to contact someone to make this happen. I am hoping this email with help.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I'm very sorry for what happened. Please contact me at the hotel so I can fix this. 714-535-3000.

Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights at the end of January 2013. The 2 queen bed suite with a private bed room is the way to go for a family of 4. Lots of room, two flat screen hd tv's, breakfast bar, sink, microwave, fridge, living area and a desk. All the facilities were clean and staff were very friendly and helpful.They even let you print off airport boarding passes and restaraunt coupons at the front desk.
The restaraunt food is ok (breakfast buffet was a little cold) and kids eat for free off the menu.

It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the Disney parking lot tram and about 15 minutes to walk to the Monorail in Downtown Disney. The Monorail is a great way to get into Disneyland Park and avoid the lineups at the main gate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know how your stay with us went. We are glad you had a good time and took advantage of our great location.

We are also committed to do better with the quality of our breakfast buffet.

Thank you!

Cypress, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel had no view only view of parking lots and our room was right over the laundry room so we has a view of dirty Landry and pipes . The rooms were clean but beds hard a a rock and the smallest pillows I ever saw thought they were for decor. Walls seem thin we heard everyone in the halls and surounding rooms toilets flush Are floor had no ice so we had to go up one floor or down one. I was also surprised they charged $10 a night for parking I have paid it at other hotels but just didn't think this one was worth it

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear gina k,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I would stay here again, that is the easiest way to sum up the Holiday inn and suites. The top feature is that it is close to the Disneyland parking structure, in fact it is probably the easiest 3 star hotel to get to the parking garage. The rooms were clean, the staff was great and room had a flat screen.

Here are the not so great things about this hotel:
1. It says one block from Disneyland, but walking one block gets you to the edge of the Disneyland hotel parking lot. To get to the parks, i would say the the walk is 1 1/2 to 2 miles.

2. The hotel has a funky set up. Building 2 and 3 are connected to each other, and building 2 is connected to the main lobby. But the other two buildings are not connected.

3. There is really no view from any of the rooms. You have a view of the mickey and friends parking structure, the holiday inn parking lot or Building 5.

4. Ask for an odd number room in building 2, 3 or 4 it is your best chance of seeing fireworks. Avoid room 3224 it is located right next to the elevator and the laundry.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers will give you the best chance of seeing fireworks.