“Pretty good hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1240 South Walnut, one block from Disneyland, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #37 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Pretty good hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is pretty good overall. The room itself is nice, but the bathroom is very cramped (toilet paper hidden behind the bathroom door, etc) and the shower was very difficult to turn on. The in house restaurant was nice, we ate there twice and were happy with prices/service. The free wifi was "busy" on our first night, and Reception didn't care when we complained. There is a $10 per day parking fee, which we weren't aware of before arrival. A bit rich when it's just an outside car park - no security or under cover area, and it is purely a 'first come first served' basis. We were on the ground floor, which was great for ease of access to our room from the carpark, but annoying when the car park could see directly into our room. Every day the maid opened the curtains up! On our first night's stay, we had an in house phone call at about midnight. We didn't answer it. Next thing, someone was knocking at our room door. Before I had a chance to get up and answer it, the person was letting themselves in! It was a member of staff checking to see if we had settled in okay. Seriously? At midnight? He seemed to think we had requested two rooms (which we hadn't) so I still think he had mistaken us for someone else. Either way, a midnight drop by is unacceptable for any reason. Its proximity to Disneyland is excellent, a 10 minute walk to the Disneyland car park and a quick tram ride later and you're at the front gate. I'd recommend the tram because walking the whole way is a bit of a distance. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mandy-S-Oz,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for your nice comment regarding our restaurant.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and the bathroom experience. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Indonesian first
St Petersburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Right after booking, I've written a letter to the address at hotel's web site to clarify my needs. No feedback at all.
Upon arrival, the staff at the reception seemed to be too tired. They just wanted to check you in and not willing to help for further questions.
Holding a Gold Ambassador card and knewing what are the benefits of it, all my attempts were rejected politely. The attitude was "so what you have that card"
Room was comfortable for us. Bathroom was excellent, having everything we needed and expected.
The air conditioning was trouble. It worked so strong that, we could not turn it on continuously. In five minutes the room was hot, but after two hours it is cold again. Therefore, night was quite uncomfortable.
Hotel is 15-20 minutes walk from Disneyland downtown. A spectacular view of fire works from parking area. You do not need to be at Disneyland.
We tried to purchase Disneyland tickets from hotel. There is a computer at reception dedicated for this purpose. When we went there, the staff on duty told Disneyland internet system is down, so we could not book. When we told him, we could not connect internet from the room, he had to accept that the hotel system is down. I did not understand why he did not tell us the truth. At the end we had to walk to Disneyland at 21.00 to buy tickets.
After adding service charge and tax, breakfast is expensive. Kids free menu is ridiculous. Hotel forces you to pay for kids as well.
Overall hotel is not bad, but I could not say the same for the service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Eyrice,

Krysllin G.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Did not seem suited to families going to Disneyland. No free Disneyland shuttle. No breakfast buffet. Daily parking charge which was not disclosed on the online booking. Room was a bit cramped. Commode and shower very cramped. Next time staying elsewhere.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Steve S,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations and the service you received during your stay. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are sorry we fell below your expectations this particular day. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of breakfast and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our family stayed here during the Christmas week of 2012. We got a great rate of $77 USD a night. The hotel is in a residential area and about a 10 minute walk to the Disneyland hotel. There is the ART bus will drop you off at Disneyland but we walked everytime.
The lobby was nice but I found the rooms a little tired but for what we paid I'm not complaining especially during the busy Christmas week.
There is a petrol station next door that you can buy drinks at non Disney prices and pick up stuff for breakfast.
Our family tended to eat at downtown Disney most nights as it was on our walk home. I liked the hotel but I wouldn't recommend it as I think the hotels directly opposite Disneyland are more convenient even if you pay a little extra.

Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Fiance and i stayed saturday night (1/6/13) got in around 7pm. front desk manager check us in right away and gave us a water bottle and a bag of goodies for being priority club members a nice little unexpected treat. Also when I made the reservations I forgot I have AAA so i didnt make the reservation using the discount but when we got in the front desk manager was able to apply the discount. took off $9 which was nice, we only ended up paying $1 for the parking. Room was clean, bed was comfy, I like that you feel safe enough to leave your car in the parking, even go downstairs in the middle of the night when you realize you forgot your phone in the car (LOL). As always we can't wait to go back for another random disneyland trip and stay at the holiday inn :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

agree with the rest of the reviews that its a long one block to the park. We have now stayed at both holiday inns in Anaheim and this one is cleaner but it lacks the free breakfast, free parking, microwave, and frig in the room.

Pro: Clean, price, friendly staff, walking distance but still a far walk.
Cons: No microwave, no frig, $10 per night for parking, no breakfast, elevators are super slow.

For an off property Disneyland hotel I would say its about average. If the price point were the same I would book the other Holiday Inn for the free breakfast and free parking. Also, the gift shop was extremely expensive so if you need anything you are better off driving to a nearby store.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Rani C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
beautiful bc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for a week, booked through one of those 'blind' booking sites to save some money during the busy holiday season. The room was comfortable, and we ended up with a 2 Queen bed room, which was perfect for us. The room was right near the elevator, which I was initially concerned about, but the elevator was surprisingly quiet, so it wasn't an issue. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful as well.
There is not much around the hotel, just a convencience store at the gas station around the corner, so dining options are limited to the hotel restaurant unless you want to walk to Downtown Disney.
We ended up eating 3 times at the restaurant, due to timing and circumstance. The first time was bad, I ordered the T-bone steak and when it came, the server asked if I wanted A-1 sauce. If they are offering sauce before you have taken a bite, you know it's going to be bad. And it was. Bland, overdone, no flavor at all. My wife's Blackened salmon was seasoned to death. We weren't going to eat there again, but then were stuck in the hotel during a rainstorm so we went and got breakfast there - surprise, surprise, it was really good! In hindsight, I guess it's pretty hard to mess up pancakes. So we thought, ok maybe it's just a one-off. Well, got breakfast there on the day we checked out and it was Horrible. With a capital H. I ordered a California omelette and it was over-cooked eggs with a couple pieces of bacon thrown in then folded over with unmelted cheese inside. Avocado was on the side and was more brown than green. Hashbrowns were charred on top, and cold in the middle. I sent it back. I mean, I'm not expecting 5-star dining, but if I sit down at a restaurant I expect it to be a good meal, this felt like someone couldn't even be bothered to try.
So - nice location even though it's a bit of a walk to Disney, just avoid the restaurant if you can.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. I do apologize for the inconsistencies in our food and I assure you I have addressed these with our kitchen staff. We will do everything we can to ensure this is fixed and we deliver quality food every time.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again.

Tom Van Winkle

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)? Share your experiences!