This hotel was a big disappointment. We booked it because of the price and it's claim to be one block (walking distance) from Disneyland. If that was one block, it was the longest block I have ever walked in my life. We were a group of 4 adults- no kids and no health restrictions that would make the walk difficult. We did the walk one day only and then ended up paying for the shuttle bus the rest of the days. I have stayed at the hotels across from the "main gate" before and, to me, that is one block. This walk back to the hotel was not something we ended up wanting to do after a long day of walking around the parks. Also, the street you have to walk down seemed a bit unsafe at night. There were not a lot of people walking in that area and the lighting was dim. As for the room itself, the biggest negative was the noise/thin walls. Neither my husband nor I fell asleep until about 3AM two out of the three nights because of the constant noise from kids running around above us (until 2am) and the noise from showers running. My husband even recorded the noise the neighboring shower was making because it seemed excessively loud. The cleanliness did not seem to be the best either- one day we came back into our room and our clean towels, which appeared to have been stacked on the closed toilet lid, had fallen off the toilet onto the floor next to it. The rooms are older and outdated- especially the bathroom area. One other minor thing to note- the hotel does not have standard sized pillows. The pillows are tiny, square pillows that seem more like they belong on a couch. They were not comfortable (big enough) for any of us and the hotel did not even have regular ones available upon request. The hotel restaurant was pretty good and there is a gas station mini mart around the corner for snack items and drinks at cheaper prices than the gift shop. All in all, this is not a horrible hotel if you are looking for a decent price, but it was not as nice as the website made it out to be. I would not stay there again due to the location and the problems with the room itself.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Anaheim (1 Blk/Disneyland)
- Holiday Inn Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated property presents guests with a fun and modern art deco ambiance suitable for both business travelers and families alike. This amenities-rich, full-service hotel offers spacious guestrooms and suites at an affordable rate right in the heart of Orange County, adjacent to Disneyland®, Disney’s California Adventure®, Downtown Disney®, and with easy access to the Anaheim Convention Center, and many other Southern California attractions. Now welcoming small dogs!! A fee does apply. Make us your home away from home for your Rose Bowl or BCS Championship game vacation!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.