“Third Magical Trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Lindenwold, NJ
“Third Magical Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

This was our third stay at the Candy Cane Inn. We loved it so much the first two times that we decided to return to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and it was fantastic! The rooms and grounds are always immaculate, and the flowers are extraordinary.

However, the most important aspect of the trip was the outstanding customer service. Everyone is so helpful, from the lady at the front desk when we checked in to the bus driver. For example, Ryan was extremely helpful in locating the local Weight Watchers meeting for me. I had no idea where it was, but he showed me that it was very close. I got to the meeting with no problem!

I am a very seasoned traveler, and I must say this is the best hotel we have stayed at in any city, including Walt Disney World! We are sure to return next year! Thank you to everyone at the Candy Cane iInn for making our vacation dream a reality!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Thank you for continuing to stay with us and celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary at our Inn. Your comments regarding our rooms and grounds are appreciated; however the personal assistance that Ryan provided you is heart warming. He is a fine young gentleman with a sincere caring nature and genuine guest service. We appreciate your business and look forward in seeing you on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Portland, Oregon, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed here August 8-12, 2010 with my family of 6 adults, 2 of which stayed in a HC (handicapped room). Let me begin by saying I have given the CC my business in the past and have been completely satisfied and loved every minute. This trip I had my Mother along who is in a wheelchair. The advertised HC room she was assigned is minimally ADA compliant, at least for a paraplegic. The toilet was not raised, 'larger room space' advertised wasn't really that much larger than a regular room, and the vanity was covered with plywood from the counter surface to the floor where your feet might go under the counter. The regular rooms where we didn't need that space were clear and open from counter to floor, yet the HC room where that space is needed was walled over with the plywood. Doesn't make sense for a HC room. Of course what one property considers handicapped accessible or ADA complaint varies GREATLY. The CC falls squarely into the clueless realm in this regard. My Mom spoke with someone in authority and got the usual gee whiz speech and all. As it was the height of summer season I presume other HC rooms were booked...but don't know what they might have been designed like. If you are an ambulatory sort though, you cannot go wrong here at the CC. Th breakfast buffet is heads and shoulders above the hotels in Anaheim. The beautiful garden setting is relaxing. They maintain their property meticulously and constantly receive rave reviews. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity during your recent visit and providing your valuable feedback. This input assists us in making modifications that will better serve future guests and improving our facility. Again, we do appreciate your continued business and thank you for your comments. Kind regards!
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

On my annual trip to Disneyland, I always stay at the Candy Cane Inn. It has everything
I want in a vacation hotel plus. It has a great location (safe walk through a park like setting to Disneyland), a beautiful setting (well cared for plants everywhere), a continental breakfast (that you can eat at poolside), a comfortingly homey room with excellent seamless service. But, the icing on the cake is the shuttle that can leaves every half hour (on the hour and half hour) from the hotel, and picks up every half hour (on the quarter and three quarters of the hour) from the parking lot in front of the parks. Since the hotel staff guests see most often is the shuttle driver, shuttle drivers are truly ambassadors of hospitality for the hotel. I have run into a few inconsiderate ones, but this time I took the shuttle in the mornings and found Mr. Lee driving. Lee is the best ambassador the Candy Cane has. He waits patiently for people walking up to the shuttle with toddlers and children in tow. He helps people board. He cheerfully greets guests when boarding. He talks to people alone on the bus waiting for others to board. I really felt more welcome
at the Candy Cane this year then I ever had (for the last 10 years I have been going there alone). Thanks a lot Lee ! I hope you see this.
Penny Cross

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Thank you for staying with us and being a loyal Candy Cane Inn guest, we do appreciate your business! What can I say about Mr. Lee, the "Beaming" smile and his "Friendly & Sincere" nature with all that he comes in contact with...he truly is an Ambassador of our hotel and I am proud to have him on our team. We look forward in seeing you again next year and please feel free to contact me personally should you need reservations assistance. Kind regards!
woodinville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Stayed at the peak of tourist season in the hot summer month of August. The staff was wonderful. Rooms clean. The shuttle service is excellent. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We do appreciate your business and please feel free to contact me directly for reservation and rate information.
Abu Dhabi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

We selected this hotel based on the large number of positive reviews on Tripadvisor, and were very happy with our choice.

The location is great, a ten minute walk to the main entrance of Disney. The hotel shuttle is also a helpful option, especially at the end of the day when everyone was dead tired from a full day at the park.

We got a room with two queens, it was spacious, clean and comfortable. When you visit the park, you normally spend most of the day out, so there were no major issues to pick with the room. The kids used the pool the day we arrived. The breakfast buffet is decent, always busy though, but it helps to get some food at the start of the day without having to go outside the hotel. In the evening, there were decent options across the street, and as noted by other visitors, a convenience store around the corner.

We visited in the middle of the summer which is peak season, and that too on a weekend, so did not get any discounts.

All in all, the place lived up to expectation and deserves the high ratings given by other travellers!
Over

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We do appreciate and value your comments as well as taking valuable time to share with fellow travelers. Kind regards!
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This hotel is perfect for families and within walking distance to Disneyland. There is a free shuttle (gratuities are appreciated) running every 1/2 hr to and from Disney which is a huge relief for tired feet. The staff are very accommodating, friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast is basic, bagels, toast, fruit, muffins etc but everything was fresh and tasty. The rooms are quaint and the beds are really comfortable. Only one thing we noticed was the carpet in the room was very worn out and needs replacing, however the room was clean. The pool area is very well kept with flowers and palm trees all around with fresh warm towels for guests. There is also a little gift shop in the lobby that sells some handy things besides souvenirs. Next door is a mini mart that sells just about everything and a 7-11 beside that. This was our first stay and if we come back we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor with fellow travelers. In regards to your comments on our expanded continental breakfast, we do receive fresh fruits and pastries seven days per week. Please feel free to contact me directly when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Our family of 5 (3 kids all under age 12) stayed 5 nights at Candy Cane Inn end of July, and really enjoyed it. Our room was clean and grounds were beautiful. The outdoor pool (smaller scale) was perfect for our kids. It took us about 15 minutes to walk to Disneyland park, but we also took advantage of the shuttle bus a few times (very convenient). Having a convenience store right next to the Inn was great for replenishing our water and snacks. Continental breakfast had a good selection of bagels, danishes and muffins, but they also had yogourt, fruits and cereal. Best of all, we really appreciated the great service from the kind and courteous ground staff, especially the one who brought back our daughter (4yrs old) who mysteriously wandered off looking for our room. However, I can't say the same for the staff at reception desk. They were not very friendly or personable (no smiles or greetings). I must say that we even had better reception at the Best Western. This is a minor point, but there is definitely room for improvement. Overall, we found Candy Cane Inn to be of good value for the amenities and conveniences.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you sharing your comments and I do appreciate our personal conversation this morning. Guest's feedback is very important and assists us in the ongoing coaching and counseling of our teams. Hope to see you again soon and best regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!