“Overall stay okay at the Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Canada
“Overall stay okay at the Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2006

We stayed at the Inn for a total of 9 nights from August 30th through to September 8th 2006.We had a total of two rooms. One for my wife and I, and 4 year old. One for my mother-in-law. The room was a little on the small side, but if you're like me you don't spend much time there anyway. The room was clean, and after a day of touring it was nice to come back to an air-conditioned room. However our stay was not without incident. On the second day, my mother-in-law found a cockroach in her room beside the wastepaper basket by the sink. My four year old son who was rooming with grandma that night, killed it. Also on the last three nights of our stay the person who was in the room above ours was VERY heavy footed. Thank god for the air-conditioning, it drowned out most of this persons footsteps. I just couldn't figure out where this person was walking. The rooms are quite small (Must have been a pacer). I did tell the front desk about the cockroach on behalf of my mother-in-law and they did knock off $10.00 a night for two nights and switch my mother-in-law to another room. (For piece of mind). The female assistant manager though friendly was not that sympathetic. It was almost as if we should expect to have bugs, because they are a natural occurance indigenous to the area. She preceeded to tell me about an encounter she once had at a hotel where she found a dead rat in her room. I thought this to be totally irrellevent to my situation.

The shuttle bus drivers were both very friendly, although one was just a little more personable than the other. Sorry I can't remember his name.

Also fitness room is small but adequate. If you like to run on a treadmill while on holidays, they have one on site.

Overall the stay was fine, afterall we stayed for nine nights. If you stay for just a couple or three nights you-ll do fine at the Inn.

Just don't expect the Banff Springs or Chateau Lake Louise.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — room size
  • Tips/Secrets — try Marie Callenders if your hungry, also for a little fun Benihana's off ball road. although closed for renos at the moment. go to the one in Newport.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2006

We spent one day at the Candy Cane and had no complaints. The shuttle service was excellent, staff were friendly, breakfast was fine and the value was good. Rooms were clean as well.

Stayed August 2006
UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2006

We went to this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed! This hotel was very clean and the staff was more than friendly and helpful. We have stayed at a lot of Anaheim area hotels and have found this one to be the best.

We had requested a second floor room with a park view thru their website and although being told that they would try and accomodate our request, we got just what we asked for. Every time we saw a staff member they were very courteous and always asked if we needed anything at all for our room.

As for the shuttle service to Disneyland. It was also a great convenience. They run their shuttle twice an hour, but whenever the crowd to go to Disneyland was too large for the shuttle, the driver would come back and pick up a second group and take them right over. Even when we missed the shuttle, the walk from the door of our hotel to the gates of Disneyland was only a ten minute walk and that was with 2 very tired young children walking.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

• Liked — Clean and friendly location.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Antioch, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

I found this hotel through Tripadvisor. The room was very nice and new-looking. It was a little small, but we were only there to sleep, shower, and watch a little TV, anyway. The bagels and pastries were fresh, and the pool was refreshing.

The hotel staff was great. They drove us to the park in a van (not the regular shuttle). The driver helped my husband with his mother, who is in a wheelchair.

The room for myself, husband, and 2 kids (2 queen beds) was $107!! My mother-in-law had a similar room to herself for the same price. Don't be lured into spending more at a "name brand" hotel. Spend the money on souvenirs instead.

• Liked — Nothing looking dowdy.
  • Disliked — Nothing, really.
  • Tips/Secrets — No.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Calif.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2006

Stayed at the Candy Cane Inn 8/22-8/25 with my husband and 4 yr. old. Used Trip Advisor to find a place as my husband and I have not been to Disneyland in years and there are so many hotels/motels in the area. We chose the Candy Cane based on the reveiws we read and were happy that we did.

I am very picky and was very pleased at how clean the room was. We stayed in a standard room on the second floor across from the kiddie pool. Noise was never a problem even when we took a couple of naps in the middle of the day when the pool was very busy. We just turned on the A/C and that blocked out the noise and as it was pretty hot while we were there, we needed it anyway. The room was pretty small but as it was just the 3 of us it wasn't a problem. Like most people, we really only used the room to shower, sleep and nap.

The continental breakfast was pretty generic but had more than some hotels we've stayed at. It was fine to get a quick bite to eat before heading out early for the park and saved us money.
The walk to the parks was very do-able. We walked most days, as the shuttle was gone when we wanted to leave. I would say probably a brisk 10 minute walk to the entrance to the parks.

My only complaint was that when we came back around 3:00 pm for a nap one day, the maid had just STARTED to clean the room. You would think they would try to have it done before that late in the day. Another thing that I think they could do is maybe have breakfast starting at 6:30am instead of 7:00 for the people that have an early entry into the park. We had to buy some stuff at Target down the street for that day.

But really those are just minor complaints. We loved the Candy Cane for the value, we saved $500.00 over Paradise Pier. We loved Candy Cane for the cleanliness of the rooms. And we loved Candy Cane for the family-friendly atmosphere. Keep up the good work Candy Cane Staffers!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — book early
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

my family stayed 6 days in late july and had no complaints. The room was basic and not huge but clean and had a small fridge. It is very close to the main gates of Disney and we often walked there. If it was late in the day and we were tired from long day at Disney, we took the direct shuttle to the hotel but really could have walked. Staff was helpful and no complaints about that at all.
The included breakfast was basic but a good start. The reviews are correct in that the area for eating can be crowded at the wrong times and you may have to sit by the pool on a lounger but that wasnt so bad.
Pool is small but we never found it over crowded anyhow as most people are at the grounds. Our room on the second floor was about 6 rooms from the main street but we never heard any noise at all from the street or anyone else.
overall not a luxury hotel so dont expect it but still very good value

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room size
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

Excellent time at Candy Cane. It was exactly how it had been described on their website and was ideally situated for Disney. The staff were warm and friendly and went out of their way to send items we had left behind, to our home in N.Ireland. I would recommend this accommadtion to you all !!!

Stayed July 2006

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!