“A most wonderful visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Sugarloaf, CA
“A most wonderful visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2006

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn before and after visiting Disneyland. I really don't know where to start so let me start with our checking in. James Schaap at the front Desk was so nice and very helpful. He gave us suggestions on where to eat and when would be the best time to go to the park (Disneyland). We had 3 kids with us all different ages. The grounds around the hotel were just so lovely. I could feel how relaxed I was becoming with all the beautiful flowers around. Oh how we slept. It was very quiet and the beds were so very comfortable. My family will always stay at the Candy Cane Inn when visiting Anahiem.
Thanks so much Candy Cane and James Schaap

• Stayed October 2005

2,041 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2006

i read a few recent reviews and expected this place to be more welcoming and customer service oriented. The problems are as follows, noisy enviroment, small rooms, poor service and responde. i found a few hairs in the restrooms and when i asked if they can reclean, i was answered very rudely that the restroom had already been clean. I asked if i could be changed rooms instead i was told we would get back to you, they never did. For what this hotel charges i would have expected a little more but it is conviniently close to disneyland. next time ill rent a car and stay a little further from all the noise and from this hotel. lcation cant bebeat customer service and cleanliness needs some serious improvements.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2006

My Wife and two daughters age 12 and 8 stayed at the Inn. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. The Inn is only a short 10 min walk to Disneyland and California Adventure Land. We enjoyed the breakfast offered. The bagels and fresh fruit were a great starter and even a good snack to take for later in the day.

The shuttle service was great after a long day walking at the parks.
Do take advantage of the ABC store next door for water etc. It's the cheapest you'll find. Also, the Subway Restaurant across the street is a great way to save money and fill up on good healthy food.

Oh and one important note for you coffee lovers; there is a shop down the right side of main street that sells great coffee and treats. Save your receipt and you can get free refills all day long. You don't even need to save your cup.

All in all, we had a fantastic first family trip to Disneyland. We are already looking forward to next year.

Stayed November 2005
kelso
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

I thought it was comparible to any other place you would find along the freeway. Being right next door to Disneyland I would expect a little more. The rooms are small but clean and odor free, the breakfast is mediocre, the pool and jacuzzi are a little small but ok. Had to wait along time to use the jacuzzi because it was overcrowded for the size. Had a good time but will probably look for something a little better next time. Calling this place a resort is a little far fetched.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

We have just returned from spending the weekend at the Candy Cane Inn after reading so many terrific reviews.

Was I let down? Yes in some areas.

Upon arrival we were impressed with the lush green gardens. The grounds were wonderful. I wish I could say the same for the staff. The girl who was at the front desk was anything but friendly. We arrived an hour early and she bluntly told us told to return at 3pm and not before. It was one of those jaw dropper moments where I didn't think she really said it like that... but she did. It was as if I burden to her for having the nerve to show up before check-in. Though she did hand me a temp. parking and shuttle pass.

When we returned at 3pm we were helped by a much nicer guy. Thankfully!! Though he didn't get our room rate correct until after some questioning. Make sure to take your confirmation letter that they send in the mail. We booked several weeks in advance and they were trying to charge us at the rate they had for the weekend we were staying. It was nearly a $20 difference per night.

Once in the rooms, they were very pretty and quaint. Perfect for my mother and I. We thought it was just perfect for a mother/daughter weekend away. The welcome ammenity in the premium room was a bit laughable. Microwavable popcorn!!! (1 bag) We both just died of hysterical laughter. Maybe if we were kids and all, it would have been cool. But I do not think it is something worth hyping in the room description.

30 minutes after we checked in a maid knocked on our door asking if we wanted turn down service. I said yes as we were going to go to Downtown Disney and would be back late. She then tried to come in the room at this point to do the turn down at 3:30pm. We weren't even unpacked yet. I tried telling her we did not want it just then as we had just checked in, but she did not speak english, nor I spanish. Later on our way out for the evening I stopped by the front desk and spoke with the rude girl again. She said it must have been a miscommunication and she would see to it that the room was turned down. Gee why wasn't I surprised that it wasn't done?!?!

The beds were so cozy and brand new. The room overall was clean and tidy. Plenty of room for storage. I wish there had been a safe though. Having breakfast delivered to the room was the best. It really helped speed getting ready and out the door to Disneyland.

The only two other complaints would be that the next morning when the maids did the room refresh, they took our towels and did not replace them. And the heater was broken and they were going to have to replace the entire unit.

The hotel is within walking distance even after spending all day at the park. It was actually faster to walk than to wait and take the shuttle.

Would I stay here again? Yes. It is a nice hotel and I could really tell they were trying to make a difference. I would suggest getting rid of or retraining the front desk girl and if they are going to send maids to the rooms who are going to represent the hotel and have contact with the public, at least have them understand some english.

Keizer, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

Just got back from 4 nights at the Candy Cane Inn. I'm afraid after reading all the great reviews I had it built up too much in my head. I half expected red carpet to come rolling onto the sidewalk when we got off the shuttle. Anyway, here's the good and bad:

Good
1. The rooms and grounds are very neat and clean.
2. Their shuttle bus is very comfortable and seems to run on time for pickups.
3. The hotel is right next door to ABC Market and a 7-11 which was very handy for water, snacks, etc before or after a long day at the parks.

Bad
1. The breakfast has no protein options unless you count the milk in the cereal. How about some peanut butter or hard boiled eggs? Jelly filled pastries are an invitation to a sugar crash for the kids.

2. The rooms are incredibly small. I read the reviews but thought we won't be at the room much so who cares? Big mistake. Two adults and two kids made for a very cramped stay.

3. Check in took 30 minutes! And it was mid-morning, I was the only customer in the lobby, I had a reservation, paid cash, and there were 3 employees mingling around the desk. After about 20 minutes of watching the front desk clerk stare intently into the computer I asked: "Is there a computer problem?" He seemed puzzled at the question and said he has to input all the information, as if 30 minutes is a perfectly normal amount of time to wait with 6 suitcases and two kids who have to use the bathroom and can't wait to get to the parks. Overall the hotel was ok, but we need something with more room next time so we won't be back.

• Stayed March 2006
san joaquin valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2006

We booked our room well in advance. I received a confirmation in the mail and noticed the arrival date was a day earilier than I was actualy arriving (2/23/06 vs 2/24/06). I called and was told that it would not be a problem, I was even given which room number I would be in since we were going with a large group from our daughters school. When we arrived after a long drive, we were told (by the rudest people ever), that this was indeed a problem and they had no rooms for us! Despite the fact that I had called regarding this same issue, had names, dates, times, it did not matter. No one, not even the manager apologized. RUDEST staff ever! I will never, ever stay here. Stay at the Castle Inn across the street! They were very accomodating and friendly.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!