This was the first time I'd been to Southern California in a decade, so I wasn't sure where my husband and I should stay when we started making plans for our trip. Then I remembered that my family and I had stayed at the Candy Cane Inn when I was a child, so I looked them up on Trip Advisor. Sure enough, they were still up and running, and the reviews were excellent.
The Candy Cane definitely lived up to its Trip Advisor reviewer reputation:
- The inn was conveniently located right in the middle of all the Anaheim action, yet it was quiet enough where you could nap in the middle of the day and not be bothered by any noise from the nearby theme parks (heck, we couldn't even hear the people in the pool downstairs!).
- The rooms were clean and spacious, and the amenities were cutely presented in a little wooden box.
- The continental breakfast offers a wide variety of cereals, bread products and fruit, but make sure you get up early, because it closes at 9.
- With complimentary high speed WiFi, we could use our laptop computer to check e-mail, check the 'net for driving directions and post vacation photos.
- The maids will still clean your room even if you don't take the Do Not Disturb sign down until the middle of the afternoon -- I thought surely we had missed the boat on cleaning one day, but I was happy to find that I was wrong!
One of my husband's and my favorite parts of our stay at the Candy Cane was when we were in our room watching TV on a Sunday night and I heard what I thought was a knock at the door. I opened it up to find out what was going on and was pleased to see that the Disneyland fireworks display had just started. My husband opened the shutters on the windows, and we watched the fireworks _from our bed_. Where else can you do _that_?! It was amazing.
We will definitely be staying at the Candy Cane Inn again.
- Also Known As:
- Candy Cane Hotel Anaheim
- Candy Cane Inn Anaheim
- Candy Cane Hotel
- Candy Cane Anaheim