“Nice grounds, but just a motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Cerritos, California
“Nice grounds, but just a motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

I have to agree that the grounds are beautiful. They have cobblestone streets, trellis and beautiful landscaping. The decor is pleasant and I really loved the plantation shutters. The staff is very friendly. The only reason I can't rate it higher is that this is a motel. The door and window face out to the parking lot and I could hear everyone coming and going at all hours. The shuttle was parked outside my door and I heard them revving the engine every half hour until midnight picking up guests. The people above us were very noisy and they were up late at night and then again at 6am.

If you stay in the premium room, take advantage of the free continental breakfast delivered to your door. Very prompt and fresh.

The only reason to pay the money here is for the beautiful facilities that are close to Disneyland. I don't think I would call it a boutique hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2005

We have been to the Candy Cane Inn 3 of our 6 trips to Disneyland. This is by far the best for the money over there. Our mistake was staying at the Portofino the last time we went, it was disgusting.. Will be back to candy cane next time.

• Stayed June 2003
chula vista, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2005

Pros: Close to Disney Land and California Adventure. Excellent breakfast for the family. Clean rooms. If you don't want to walk, the free bus is good. Very Accomodating, they let us check in early and let us keep our car there when we checked out of the hotel, so we can visit for a second day at the Disney amusement parks. Nice landscaping, they have a pool and jacuzzi. Also, near many restaurants.
Cons: The room is small but is good for a short stay. If I stayed a long time, I don't know if I would stay there. Storage space is limited.
Overall, I highly reoommed the Candy Cane INN for anyone taking their family for a visit to Disney. Very nice place.

• Stayed January 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2005

My 4 year old son and I just returned from our stay at the Candy Cane Inn. I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic this place is. It is within walking distance to the main gate of Disneyland ... about a 8 minute walk. But, you don't need to walk if you don't want to because the Candy Cane Inn has a free shuttle. The drivers are prompt and very friendly. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is decorated with trellises and flowers and has a very comfortable feel. The rooms are beautiful....pink wallpaper, comfortable beds with down comforters and big decorator pillows -- perfect for watching TV -- in addition to the regular pillows. The bathrooms are large and very clean. I am very picky about hotels and this one did not disappoint. It was very, very clean and comfortable! The furniture is not the usual tacky hotel furniture but gorgeous oak armoirs and bombey chest night stand. The windows have plantation shutters rather than the usual curtain. There is a heated pool and hottub. Also included is a wonderful continental free breakfast and newspaper. There is a nighttime security officer on duty as well. Next door there is an ABC market and a 7-11. Across the street there is a Subway, chinese restaurant, liqour store and other shops. The best part of the hotel is the staff.....during our stay, we were bumped off our flight and couldn't fly out until the next day. The front desk staff jumped into action, they rescheduled our airport shuttle, gave us a room (for the same rate that we had gotten by booking on line earlier even though the rates had gone up), carried our bags to the room and personally escorted us to our room. They even called later to make sure we were ok. The best compliment I can give them is to say that we did not feel like were staying at a hotel but rather that we were staying with family who made sure we were well cared for. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Disneyland. It's the best!!

• Stayed January 2005
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2004

For a hotel in the Disney Area, the Candy Cane Hotel has never disappointed me. A beatuiful, well kept property with reasonable prices (For as close as it is to Disney), the Candy Cane offers a very nice breakfast (Included) and one of the best shuttles to the park I've seen. I highly recommend the Candy Cane!

• Stayed December 2004
roseville, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2004

We just returned from our 3 night stay at Candy Cane Inn in Anaheim. I was excited at first due to the rave reviews on trip advisor as well as the close proximity to Disneyland. However - my opinion changed after settling in. I noticed the shower head was filthy dirty and moldy - I told the front desk about it - and of course she said she didn't know anything about that. She did mention that because they had been so busy over the holiday - the maids didn't have enough time to clean the bathrooms. I doubt this was a daily cleaning item - it was a deferred maintenance item - the shower head needed to be replaced! I asked to change rooms - but since it was a holiday weekend - there were no other rooms available - so we were stuck - needless to say I took very fast showers.

The breakfast choices were so-so - and compared to most continental breakfasts - this was definitely lower on the ranking.

I will not stay at the Candy Cane Inn again - it seems like they have tried to re-do the place some years back - however there needs to be better attention to certain items regarding cleanliness and addressing customer concerns.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2004

Our family of five (kids 10, 8 and 23 months) stayed here November 9-16. We booked a deluxe room at 129.00 a night (AMA rate). What really stood out for us was the staff. Everyone from front desk to housecleaning to tree trimmers to the shuttle drivers always had a smile for us. You do get all the perks described for the deluxe room however it should be clarified. The microwave and bar fridge supplied are small and inconveniently placed. Their was only a small round table and 2 chairs supplied for a room that had 5 people in it. With breakfast being delivered each morning we always ended up eating on our beds which was no joy with three kids. The food is ok enough to fill you but nothing exciting. Always order more than you think you will eat. We ended up making many trips to the main breakfast area as they have no carafes for coffee and the coffeemakers are small. Housecleaning was great but on some days did not refill all necessary items. All top bedding is downfilled so we requested ahead of time to have that replaced due to allergies. What we were left with was no quilts on our beds and all was available was worn itchy blankets. We were told we could ask for more blankets if we were cold but I figured we had enough itchy blankets as it was. Their is a bit of shortage for storage so we made use of the ironing board as a table. The shuttle is nice to have but we only occasionally used it as the park is within easy walking distance. If you were at either stop during the wrong time it was quicker to walk than wait for another shuttle. There is a hot tub which was wonderful at the end of a long Disney day. There is a small pool which is fine and it was fun for the kids. We arrived on a Tuesday however and we think the heaters were not turned on and the water was very cold. As more guests arrived we think the heaters were turned on and the pool warmed within a couple of days. Their is no shallow end in the main pool. They also have a unheated toddler pool which we never used as it was too cold. The Inn is landscaped very beautifully and having available laundry facilities to use was a bonus as it meant less packing for us. Would we stay here again? You better believe it! The staff alone will keep us coming back to the Candy Cane Inn. We may not spend the extra money for the deluxe room next time however as they are not that much bigger. It is very expensive to eat at the Disney parks. We did do the character breakfast and supper at Goofy's kitchen. We preferred the breakfast, however we did find the restaurant quite warm. Well worth the money as it certainly is a memory maker for families with kids. We also ate at the Rainforest Cafe' in Downtown Disney. Food was actually quite good, it is noisy but the kids loved it! If your looking to save money, their is a 7-11 2 doors down and we bought our lunch consisting of a fruit salad and a sub every day and took it to the park and had lunch there and bought treats at the park. The park was already decorated for Christmas which was wonderful. Some rides were closed but no big deal as we had more than enough to do. Fast Pass is a lifesaver and to this day we cannot figure out why everyone does not use it! The caramel apples in the penny arcade on mainsteet Disneyland are to die for and we even bought some more to take on the plane home! For supper we loved the pizza deal across the street. Two large pizza's for 20 bucks. Enough to feed us all with leftovers at the end. Their is also 2 exceptional East Indian restaurants across the street. One offers takeout and the buffet at the Ramada was very good. Ask the front desk for a menu from the Italian restaurant. Little pricey but some of the best Italian we have ever eaten. We had a 5 day park hopper pass. Their is a height restriction of 42 inches on a lot of the rides so we won't be going back until the youngest is at least that tall. We were extremely impressed with both parks. They were incredibly clean...every single staff member at both parks had a smile on their face and when we had an incident of some items that were stolen from our stroller, California Adventure staff were extremely helpful in resolving that issue in our favour and we thank them for that! We found it to be more laid back at California Adventure and the food was also better quality there. We also rented a minivan and went to Newport Beach for a day... we loved that and on to Seaworld. Seaworld looked a little run down but the kids enjoyed it. I truly felt we got what we paid for and certainly will be back to the Candy Cane Inn and the two Disney parks.

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!