“One Word, Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Portland, OR
“One Word, Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2004

This hotel was NOT what was advertised. First, they did not honor our AAA rate because we didn't bring our card (we were not instructed to). The staff was unimpressive. The grounds were bland. The tiny "pool" was full when only a few people were inside. I felt like I was in a Motel 8. While you were in your room, you could hear cars pull into their parking space (because the rooms were in the parking area). The rooms were horribly insulated. I heard my upstairs neighbors walking, running, showering, talking,etc. I phoned the front front desk to request that the child upstairs stop running back and forth (he had done this till 12:00 a.m. and started back up at 7:00 a.m.). They put me on hold for 10 minutes (I finally hung up) and they never phoned me back or made the kid stop running. The room was small (Premier Room). There was only 1 window facing the parking lot. The "queen" beds were actually doubles. There was mold all over the shower area. Smelled like smoke in the closet (I guess from next door) although we were in a non-smoking room. Several guests on our shuttle complained about weird smells in their rooms (pee and carpet cleaning product for a large wet stain). But worst of all, the beds were SO uncomfortable. My husband and I had backaches our entire stay. I cannot believe that this hotel calls itself a "boutique hotel". I have stayed at many boutique hotels, and this hotel is not in that category (more in the Motel 8 caliber). I travel all the time (for business and pleasure) and have not stayed at such a horrible hotel in recent memory. BEWARE!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

Stayed from june 22-26. Our flight arrived early and we were able to check in early and get a few more hours sleep. At the time I was six months pregnant traveling with my teeanage girls. Had a premium room which solves the breakfast problems others were talking about because it is delivered to your room. Nice clean laundry. My husband flew over on 26th and was able to go to the park with our girls for a half day.The 10 minutes walk to the park is great. Check out was at two and that was great. Will come again.

Phoenix,AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

Just returned from a 5 night stay .
Great place to stay in. very clean, beautifull property.Recomending it to everyone.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2004

I have stayed there acouple of times. It usely is a great place to stay, but this year it was not as good. With the Asst. Manager gone(Mr. R.) the place was not the same. He was always on top of everything. We had set a date and time to go on a limo ride to a very nice dinner place. When it was time to go the limo was not there and they hurried to make up for it by blaming the dinner place. They lied to us about making the reservation. It was very easy to tell that they had not called the dinner place. Just the way they were acting and looking for the slip of our time and day that we were to go. I also had stopped by twice to make sure that everything was still a go. As for rooms and price I still feel you can not beat it for very nice rooms and very close to Disney.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2004

My family stayed here on our vacation to Disneyland the week of June 18, 2004. The exterior of the hotel is beautifully landscaped as it is lined in flowers. My group required two rooms. We requested the rooms together on the first floor and near the pool. We recieved every request. The rooms were immaculate and the staff was extremely friendly. The breakfast was plentiful and really saved us time and money. The pool/hotub was clean and well kept. The location was perfect (only a five minute walk to Disneyland). All of this at an extremely good rate. The day we checked out, our flight was late that night. The hotel gave us a pass to use the shuttle to the park and allowed us to leave our car parked at the hotel until we were ready to leave. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2004

What a wonderful hotel!!!!! Just came home from a 8 day stay June 19- June 27th. The staff was friendly and accomadating. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The pool was open for long hours which allowed the children for a quick dip in the evening. If we were back in time we could see the fireworks from the hotel. As mentionioned in previous reviews, Disney was just a short walk away. Although we did not use the shuttle, we did notice that it was there for those who required it. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. If we come back we WILL use this facility again!!!!!

• Stayed June 2005
Moorhead, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2004

We just returned from a family vacation. The Candy Cane Inn is a comfortable, reasonable friendly place to stay. The staff was very nice. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The Inn is very close to the park and we were able to walk there with our 5 and 6 year old children. THe premium rooms are a great deal. They will deliver breakfast to your room when you want it. We would definately recommend this place to our friends and family.

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!