“So glad to stay with 'family' instead of just being another 'confirmation number.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Save Saved
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We love DISNEYLAND and enjoy getting away from it all to the 'Happiest Place on Earth'. The Candy Cane Inn is the only place we ever stay. We have been staying as 'guests' since 2001 and truly feel now like we are part of the Candy Cane Inn family. Special thanks go to James at the front desk for his warm welcome and Danilo for finding just the right pillow. We especially appreciate the new bakery fresh pastries and proteins added to the breakfast. Joshua and Alejandra are new to the morning staff and were very friendly and helpful. The beautiful and clean property feels inviting and rivals the Disney standard. Thanks again for a delightful stay. See you again soon. There is no other hotel near Disneyland for us.

• Stayed August 2014
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you so very much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane family and for sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Our team does an outstanding job in maintaining our property and I sincerely appreciate the friendliness they possess and extend to our guests! We are also glad you enjoyed the many complimentary amenities our Inn has to offer, including parking and our expanded continental breakfast. Please feel free to contact me personally prior to your next visit with us, as I would be delighted to assist with any needs or requests you may have. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Cheap, convenient and close to the action of Disneyland. Walk out of Disneyland and turn right. its the first hotel on your right. You can't beat the convenience or the price. Nothing fancy, but if you are like us your Disneyland trips rarely involve the hotel room. Nice little continental breakfast and the rooms are clean and decent. Parking sucks a bit when its very busy. Shuttle is easy and quick when you tire of the park.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our property and amenities. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Amazing service and convenient to Disneyland.
Free shuttle bus and the continental breakfast is amazing!
We are going back!
AAA discount too!
I can not say enough from the time we arrived to the time we left friendly service and great transportation to and from hotel via super shuttle!

Room Tip: Get ground room by pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn. We appreciate your kind comments and it is our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent customer service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

A friend recommended Candy Cane Inn and I'm so happy we stayed here. Such an easy walk to Disney. Even though the motel offers a shuttle, we didn't use it. Nice little pool and the hot tub was perfect after a day at the parks. Very limited breakfast selection...mostly muffins, doughnuts and bread/bagels, but it was enough to get you started for the day. It was also lovely to enjoy breakfast out on the pool deck. Be aware if you have a room in the rear of the motel, it is quite a deep property so a little more walking. This is a true motel with only 2 floors and no elevator. The room itself was a little cramped (2 adults and 2 teens), but we weren't in there enough for it to be an issue. Nice laundry facility if you need it, which we did. You can see most of the fireworks from the 2nd floor balconies on the left side of the motel. I wish we were coming back to California next year. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property and guest service. We are glad you enjoyed the many complimentary amenities we have to offer including our breakfast, pool and onsite guest laundry. Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning, as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We booked the Premium 2 Queen Beds room, and found it to be quite small and dated. I've stayed at cheaper 2 star motels, like Motel 6, with better accommodations. For $189 per night, you're paying for the location, not the amenities. Since we only needed a place to sleep, it met our needs. The kids, ages 13 and 11, could barely fit on one bed together.

Breakfast consisted of little more than doughnuts, bagels, a banana or apple, cereal, and juice. And the parking lot was vastly overcrowded with parking very difficult to find and many cars illegally parked in fire lanes. Service was good at the front desk and we had no issues.

As we walked to and from the Disneyland Resort, we noticed a few hotels which were directly across the street from the theme parks and closer than our hotel. We'd recommend booking with one of these if you're unwilling to pay for a Disney hotel.

Room Tip: We requested a room far from the main street (Harbor Blvd.). Our room was in the very back of the mo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and I thank you for your input. We do listen to the comments of our guests and appreciate your valuable feedback. In regards to our price value and the many resounding comments posted by past guests of the Candy Cane Inn I would like to share my findings. Other hotels in the Anaheim Area have daily charges for parking, daily charges for Wi-Fi, no Complimentary Expanded Continental Breakfast and the Anaheim Resort Transit shuttle, which charges per guest. Again, we appreciate your business and while I do not like to use this platform to challenge guests I do feel the need to clarify that our many complimentary items do add up. Kind regards!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family visits Disneyland every year. We usually stay at the Ramada off of Katella, but after a really terrible experience with the staff last summer, we will never stay there again.

I had heard from a few friends that the Candy Cane Inn was a great place to stay, so we decided to give it a try this year.

First of all, customer service is excellent here. Everybody is so nice. I was blown away. From the receptionist, the maintenance personnel, to the shuttle driver. Just Outstanding.

The rooms are very clean. I was very impressed. We have two small children with us and we did not worry about the cleanliness of the room. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were quiet. My husband and I kept remarking that we had not heard anything going on outside of our room hardly at all during our 5 night stay.

The shuttle runs every 30 minutes to and from Disneyland. We walked most of the time but when our children were tired, the shuttle was excellent.
Walking to and from the parks takes about ten minutes. The hotel is located not far from the park. The walk is so easy.

There is a continental breakfast, which is delicious. Bagels, donuts, cheese, cereal and juices.

We will be staying here from now on each summer. This hotel is excellent!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for visiting with us for the first time and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, complimentary amenities and exceptional guest service. We have a wonderful team, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. We thank you again for staying with us and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This was my first experience staying in the Candy Cane Inn, or in a hotel near Disneyland in general and I throughly enjoyed it. The rooms were nice, although the floor was a light squeaky at night. The night staff weren't quite as helpful as the ones during the day but overall they were very knowledgable of the area. The location was great. Far enough to avoid the noise of Disneyland but close enough to walk to the park (there is a shuttle available as well but we chose to walk. Only took about 7 or 8 minutes). The complimentary breakfast had a wide variety and never seemed to run out. They were especially nice upon check out, holding our bags at the hotel while we spent one last day at the parks.
I would definitely go back to the Candy Cane Inn. It was a great experience.

Room Tip: The second floor is definitely quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so very much for staying with us and sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Our team does an outstanding job in maintaining our property and I sincerely appreciate the friendliness they possess and extend to our guests! Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!