“Looking forward to our stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Vancouver, Canada
“Looking forward to our stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We will be returning to the Candy Cane Inn this August! This will be our 3rd stay at this terrific Inn. We even passed up a 50% off at another local hotel which was won through a contest and would of been much cheaper. Our past visits have been great! The staff, location and room size have always been top notch. Looking forward to our stay...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments and we do look forward to seeing you back with us again soon! Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I just spent the last hour reading the positive reviews. Bringing my family to Disneyland next week for the first time. I look forward to the staff, the stay and the smiles this trip will bring. Candy Cane Inn should be one of the highlights.

• Stayed March 2014
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with fellow Tripadvisor travelers. We are glad you were able to make reservations with us and we look forward to seeing you next week. Kind regards!
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We returned last week from our first family trip to Disneyland. My wife, son (9), and daughter (4) had never been. I had been a few times growing up and my family always stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. Let me preface my review by mentioning my "special request". Being the fam's first time, I wanted to make it extra special. In the "Special requests" section of my reservation form, I asked if we could have a room on the second floor that faced the fireworks {Sunday night only :(}. Not only did they accommodate my request with no questions asked, but upon entering our room on our arrival day, we noticed a little care package of cookies, a welcoming card, a stuffed teddy bear and a stuffed Mickey Mouse. What a great way to start our adventure!! The kids couldn't have been happier!!

The grounds were really well-manicured and maintained. Check-in was a breeze. Early check-in wasn't available so we headed for the pool. Pool was warm and clean. Hot tub was hot but not too hot. The room was nice. Nothing spectacular. The beds were really comfortable to me but my wife didn't like them so much because she prefers a firmer mattress. No big deal at all. 9 out of 10. The bathroom was simple. The breakfast in the mornings was definitely one of the high points. Cold cereal, granola, donuts, muffins, croissants, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, toast, etc.. Plenty of food to start your day. We planned on eating breakfast at the hotel every morning to help cut down our food costs. Edd was fun to talk to, as well. Such a historian.

This hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the main entrance of Disneyland and is on the same side of the street, too. There are plenty of great restaurants within easy walking distance from CCI.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at CCI and will definitely consider booking rooms there again the next time we go to DL.

Room Tip: If you want views of the fireworks from your room, ask for a room between 220 and 226. Too far to e...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, service and amenities. We have a wonderful team, including Edd, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Candy Cane Inn almost every year for 10 years and it remains the best hotel in Anaheim. The landscape of the hotel can't be beat, as soon as you walk onto the property it feels like a garden oasis away from the hustle and bustle of Disney. The staff are fantastic at helping in any way they can. Breakfast is great, we are early risers and really appreciate the earlier breakfast time at 6:30. It's a short, very pleasant walk to Disney which makes it easy to return for a quick lunch and pool visit before returning to the parks. Can't wait till our next visit, hope to be back sooner rather then later!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

After reading the reviews, I gave this hotel a try and found it to be less than expected. It took too long to check in, but the staff was nice. I got the premium room, but found little about it to be premium. The furnishings looked to be out of the 60's, the fridge was too small, and the microwave was placed at foot level so I had to practically lie down to use it. When my daughter flushed the toilet, it wouldn't stop running so I had to get dirty to fix it. The breakfast in the room was really nice, as was the late check out. But although the shuttle service was fine and timely most of the time, it was late when I left Disneyland at 11:45 P.M. in the rain on my final night of my stay. When I called to complain, I was told it had already been there, but other guests waiting confirmed it had not. So I called back to complain, and was told the driver was getting gas! Are you kidding me? They lied to me at first, then made my family (and others) wait in the cold until midnight because they cant get gas at a better time? Then to top it off, the driver looked annoyed that we had called to complain, and never apologized for his tardiness nor our inconvenience. It definitely put a sour impression on what otherwise had been a pleasurable trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for the items you noted. I do thank you for your response to my email I sent you and as I stated before we do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. Thank you again for your business and kind regards!
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed here for our last adult Disney vacation.

Great spot to get to Disney. Close enough so we never had to take the bus, we just walked in and out.
This is an older property, but it in kept in absolutely great condition. And yes, the air conditioning worked very well.

Breakfast very crowded, but hey.. it's by Disney. Coffee & fruit excellent. It is a welcoming little oasis at the end of a busy Disney day or evening.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments and are delighted that you would stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Grand Junction, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We chose this motel based on this web site's recommendations and we are glad we did. The free shuttle to Disneyland every half hour was a key for us. They departed on time and picked us up on time and the drivers were very nice. The ride takes about 5 minutes.

The rooms were nice and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and continually stocked; we never had to wait for an empty table. You can eat inside or out by the pool. The service is top notch as indicated by the fact that we left a couple of items in our rooms after we checked out and they put them in the mail the next day. There is a mall nearby, within walking distance, that has several good restaurants.

Folks, this is a great value and the perfect place for a trip to Disneyland.

Room Tip: They only have 3 rooms with king size beds so if you need one you should reserve early.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and all the complimentary amenities we have to offer. We appreciate your kind comments and it is our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent customer service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!