“A good hotel for families to walk to Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Saratoga, CA
“A good hotel for families to walk to Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Candy Cane Inn is a good hotel for young families on a budget to stay at as the accommodations are clean and neat, includes a OK continental breakfast, and is a short walk or furnished bus ride to Disneyland.

Also has a small pool for youngsters to cool down in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We do believe in providing an exceptional product and wonderful guest service while keeping in mind families travelling on a budget, and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I don't make a hotel reservation without checking reviews on TripAdvisor, and once again I was not steered wrong. The Candy Cane Inn was everything other reviewers promised - clean, attractive, quiet, worth the expense. The room was laid out nicely and didn't feel cramped despite being very standard. The free continental breakfast had plenty of options although it is utilitarian. Customer service was excellent - check in was smooth and friendly, and I was offered the option to use the Disney resort shuttle and leave my car on hotel grounds even after I checked out. Would stay here gain no question if my travel plans call for it. Absolutely no need to spend a fortune on the Disney properties with an option like this available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that you concurred that our Trip Advisor reviews were right on the money. We do aspire to deliver a quality product and exceptional friendly service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

With the caveat that this hotel is within easy walking distance of Disneyland, it is a very nice hotel, but… the rooms are on par with a Comfort Inn, but the price is much higher. We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn three nights four years ago, and we were very happy with the experience. This trip we only stayed one night, and if I remember correctly the price this time was about $40 more. The free parking and continental breakfast are definitely plus, as is the proximity to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and towards the back are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we do take all guest comments very seriously. We strive to deliver a product that is exceptional and is affordable at the same time, which is why we offer our complimentary amenities including free parking, free Wi-Fi to all guest rooms, complimentary expanded continental breakfast, and complimentary exclusive shuttle to and from the Disneyland main gate entrance. Warm Regards!
Wahiawa, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here because I was told by a co-worker that this was THE place to stay if you're going to Disneyland. She was right! The place was very CLEAN - which is a top priority for me. They had a welcome kit with popcorn and freshly baked cookies in our room when we arrived. They have a shuttle that runs every half hour to Disneyland, so it was super convenient for me and my family - and it was always prompt! It's a short distance to restaurants/convenient stores, so you really didn't need a car to go anywhere. What really impressed me was that no matter how often I came and went from my room, whenever I got back, my beds were always made. How's that for service! Would definitely stay here again the next time I visit Disneyland!

Room Tip: If you want the "extras" - like breakfast delivery to your room each morning and upgraded...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your business and delighted that your experience was wonderful and you were able to enjoy our many amenities and clean hotel rooms. Kind regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn more than 20 times over the course of my life, and my parents stayed prior to that. I've grown up visiting the hotel, come with friends, stayed here when I moved into nearby Chapman University, and this past weekend stayed with my sister here for a weekend getaway. I can assure you this hotel is unlike any other. During our stays here, we've experienced a kind and quick check-in at 2am, clean rooms, having lost items shipped home to us at no cost, and this weekend, two incredibly kind women who went into the back room to get us blueberry muffins after they ran out, just because they're our favorite. Compliments to the hardworking staff, management, and all who continue to make this place a sanctuary in busy Anaheim- THANK YOU. We will definitely be back for our 30th and 40th visits.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are quieter and removed from Harbor St.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your gracious comments and being a loyal and repeat guest of the Candy Cane Inn, as we DO appreciate your business! I am glad you found us and that you were able to enjoy our many complimentary amenities we have to offer. We have an excellent team here dedicated to exceptional customer service to all our guests, and I am happy you concurred. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We are gearing up for our third stay at the Candy Cane Inn in a few weeks and am so looking forward to our stay. A hotel that is close enough to walk, has a free continental breakfast, free parking and a free shuttle can't be beat. The service, grounds, rooms and staff have always been accommodating. Looking forward to our upcoming stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and the amenities we have to offer. We also look forward to seeing you folks again! Kind regards!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We chose the Candy Cane hotel because of all the reviews on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. We liked this hotel because it is a low-rise and smaller than some of the other options. Location is perfect with a 10-minute walk or so to the park, or you can take the hotel's shuttle. Breakfast was good, pool and jacuzzi were nice. We would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations, as well as discussing what our team can do to bring your next review up to a five. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!