“"One of the best"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Keswick, Ontario Canada
“"One of the best"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Disneyland and this hotel helped to make the trip wonderful. The location, continental breakfast, pool area, cleaniness of the grounds and the room maintenance were collectively better than any other hotel we have stayed at outside of a 5 star at WDW. The staff were wonderful and someone is always at the desk. I had a room request and I could not have received better rooms. Thank you Mr. Holl. I would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and your visit. We appreciate your kind comments and I am glad we were able to accommodate your requests, as it is our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent customer service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and future reservations. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

What can you say? The Candy Cane Inn is incredible! Close to everything. Clean, quiet, great staff, and Edd! Great breakfast area, great pool and hot tub, rooms were clean, and the atmosphere was perfect. Would never stay anywhere else in Anaheim. The perfect location to everything you want to do!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Kind regards!
Bend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a very nice property located within walking distance to Disney (even with my kids 6 and 8). They have a nice small pool area with a covered hot tub which is nice to relax in after a long day at Disney. The rooms are nice, well maintained, and clean. The grounds and landscaping are incredibly maintained. There is a private shuttle bus for the residents of the Candy Cane Inn to and from the Disney part which runs every half hour just before/after Disney opens for the day. They have a very nice continental breakfast with croissants, danishes, donuts, juice, coffee, cereal, bagels, boiled eggs, and cheese. While this is not a five star luxury property like a Disney Resort Hotel, it is very nice and is a far better value. I was unable to find anything this nice and this close to Disney at this price point.

We stayed here because of the incredible reviews on Trip Advisor, and the fact that the value for the price was good. Because of the good reviews, we had high expectations for our visit and the level of service at Candy Cane Inn. Our high expectations were immediately met with disappointment with our check in process. The staff was not friendly, I was never welcomed, I was never told anything about the amenities of the hotel, and the staff at the front desk were so inattentive that I literally had no idea when the check in process was completed. The staff handed me my keys and walked off. After a few minutes I determined on my own that the check in process was completed, took my keys, and went to our room. Once the General Manager learned of our poor experience, he sent a nice letter of apology to our room along with a gift basket of snacks. It was greatly appreciated for him to acknowledge the issue. It is understandable that employees will have a bad day now and again and provide poor service. They may have been tired after a long weekend with rude tourists at Disney? The important thing is that the management of this establishment cares about its reputation and its guests and tries to correct issues quickly. I would recommend the Candy Cane Inn to friends and other travelers without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. I am apologetic for the incident that you noted, as Guest Service is of the upmost importance to us here at the Candy Cane Inn. I am glad that our Management Team was able to acknowledge and address your issue and I have spoken at length to the rest of my team to continue to train and grow them in excellent customer service. I again apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The room was clean, lovely and has shutters instead of curtains! Cute and anti-dust :) I loved it! The room had a tiny bit of mustiness, likely from being closed up all day, but when we opened the window it was quite nice.

Great place for kids as there was a small wading pool in addition to a deeper pool for the bigger kids. The shallow end of the deeper pool was not that expansive, but with a wading pool it didn't matter so much. The exterior is quite pretty, with lovely flowers. And from our balcony we could see the fireworks from Disney at night. A truly lovely experience.

It is a busy hotel being so close to Disney, but the staff are very professional and nice. The breakfast offered a good variety, and the shuttle service to Disney was excellent. Although it is close enough to walk, we preferred to ride after a long day walking at Disney.

We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were near the back, second floor, facing Disney and it was lovely, quiet and great view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Lynnwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been to Disneyland the past 5 years in a row and after staying at various Hotels along the main road I have discovered this quaint gem! The hotel is an original from 1955 but has been renovated over the years. The cobblestone driveway and enchanting fountain that greet you as you enter the property tells you you have entered paradise! Despite being on Harbor Boulevard you do not hear any street noise and you are only a short 8 minute walk from the gates of Disneyland. There is a shuttle available also, free of charge! The grounds are kept up impeccably and the smell of the flowers and birds singing is so serene.There is a separate wading pool area for toddlers which is all enclosed by trees and flowers...I never saw any kids there though and found it to be a nice private seating area to sit and relax! The staff here is so great and really treat each guest as someone special! They really go out of their way to make your stay most pleasant. The housekeepers are wonderful also and take it upon themselves to notice your pattern of coming and going and our room was always cleaned by the time we made our first "rest" stop of the afternoon after some hours at the park. If they know you are celebrating a special event you will find a treat in your room upon entering. I cannot say enough about this place...did I mention there is FREE PARKING? That is becoming harder to find as many of the Hotels now charge for daily parking!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are the nicest but you may hear sounds coming from Radiator Springs ride at Califo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and many kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Carmichael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have experimented with many accommodations in the area, but once we tried the Candy Cane, we knew our search was over. So close to the parks (you can see the back of Cars Land right behind), quiet, clean, charming and good breakfast. The staff are friendly and helpful, and they give you a voucher for a discount on your next visit if you return before a year has passed. We sleep 3 people to a room and have decided that upgrading to the Deluxe room is worth the extra charge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. The Rewards certificates are a great way for us to thank you for being a loyal and repeat guest and I am glad you are able to take advantage of them. Kind regards!
Inman, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I would highly recommend the Candy Cane Inn if you're traveling to Disneyland. We have stayed there more times than I can count and have never had a bad experience. The price is reasonable and accommodations are more than adequate. Its within walking distance of the park, although they have a free shuttle if you would rather not walk. Their free expanded continental breakfast has lots of items...something for everyone. They also give you a coupon for $10.00 off your next stay if it is within 12 months from that stay. They have other discounts as well (AAA, senior, etc.) Very good accommodations for the price.

Room Tip: A second level room is good since no one is above you, but they do not have an elevator so be prepar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for being a repeat guest and sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We at the Candy Cane Inn strive in providing a clean comfortable and nicely decorated guestroom with a strong emphasis on friendly and caring team members. Our ambiance and peaceful setting is relaxing and enjoyed by our guests and we are glad that you enjoyed too. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!