“Can't beat this place for Disneyland trips!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Visalia, California
“Can't beat this place for Disneyland trips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. You can't find a better place to stay if you are going to Disneyland. This place just give you more than you'd expect. Why pay for parking at Disneyland or another hotel - free parking, free shuttle (every 30 minutes), or just walk to the park. The breakfast is great, better than your average free hotel breakfast. Donuts for the kids! The pool and jacuzzi were clean and just right. The staff was friendly, and the rooms were nice. Free internet in the rooms was nice as well. You can find a fancier hotel near Disneyland, but you won't find a better value, more convenient hotel for a trip to Disneyland. Stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and your visit. We appreciate your kind comments and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and future reservations. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
SLAVE LAKE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here in August with my husband and 2 teenage daughters, loved it. Easy 10 min walk to Disneyland and restaurants nearby. Hotel room was basic but was clean and comfy. Continental breakfast is typical from any other hotel but it was all we needed. They need to do something about their toasters though. The big restaurant style one didn't work properly and it took a long time to toast bread or bagels in the 2 slice one that they had. Pool area was nice and clean we never had a problem getting fresh towels or chairs there. The shuttle bus was nice to use after a long day of walking around. This hotel is smaller which is exactly what we wanted. We were not interested in any of the big resorts. This place is more motel in that all rooms are entered from the outside. Fireworks can be seen from the 2nd level everynight. I would definently recommend this place and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your kind comments and your observations. We do listen to our guests and their valuable feedback assists us in making operational modifications and service enhancements. Kind regards!
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Traveled to Anaheim for a family vacation. We had stayed at the Candy Cane on past vacations and were impressed by the hotel then. We were't disappointed on this return trip. Check in was fast and efficient. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to provide the best service possible. We had asked for second floor and all three rooms to be close to each other. Both requests were fulfilled. We had booked the standard rooms. We found them roomy and well appointed. What had impressed me most is how clean the rooms were on arrival and the fact that housekeeping ensured that they were kept that way every day of our stay. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Beautiful pool area with spa, great continental breakfast with many choices, free shuttle to Disneyland park as well as being only a 10 minute walk, laundry facilities, free parking and my favourite touch are the table and chairs outside the rooms on the balcony overlooking the pool area. Our children, grandchildren and friends all had a wonderful stay and I know we will all recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book near pool area if available.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We at the Candy Cane Inn strive in providing a clean comfortable and nicely decorated guestroom with a strong emphasis on friendly and caring team members. Our ambiance and peaceful setting is relaxing and enjoyed by our guests and we are glad that you enjoyed too. Kind regards!
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed at the Candy Cane Inn while visiting Disneyland and were very happy with our stay there. The facility was clean, fresh and the people were very courteous!! We would highly recommend it to others visiting Disneyland! Even more awesome was that it was within walking distance, taking only about 15 minutes to the main entrances of both parks. Thanks to all of the good reviews before us, because that's what convinced me that this would be a good place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your visit and look forward in seeing you again. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!
Ladysmith, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here with our two children during our last visit to Disneyland. The first three nights we stayed in a standard room which was on the small side for a family of four but it was nice and clean so for sleeping it worked fine.

On our fourth night we had to be moved to a larger room, which was very spacious, and also included the continental breakfast being delivered to the room in the morning. When we first moved into the larger room there was a knock on the door and a staff member was standing there with a vase of flowers and and all kinds of goodies. I thought this was a very nice touch.

The continental breakfast had many options so we opted to eat at the hotel each morning instead of at a restaurant. This saved us a ton of money.

The shuttle departs every half hour but we found that the park was so close so we walked most of the time and just used the shuttle if the kids were tired at the end of the day.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here for sure on our next visit!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your many comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our Premium Rooms and the many amenities that come with it. I am also glad you enjoyed our breakfast and the upgraded items we have added. Kind regards!
oklahoma city, oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our second trip to Candy Cane Inn. We stayed there about 5 years ago and I loved it then, I'm glad to report that it is still top notch. The pricing is good, the location is excellent, the facilities are clean and beautiful.

Some people (myself included) frown at the motel style inns, where the doors are on the outside instead of an inside hallway. This place is so nice that I enjoy opening my door to the wonderful landscaping and view of the pool.

The breakfast out by the pool is great, it is not a 'full' breakfast but I would say it is very close. Maybe 'expanded' continental breakfast would be the best description. The food is plentiful and fresh with great presentation. You can either eat by the pool or in your room. There are also some tables on some balconies in a few places around the inn which are also great places to enjoy your breakfast.

The walk to Disneyland and California Adventure is about ten minutes. The shuttle bus is efficient and runs twice and hour. This is their own bus, they do not share the shuttle with other hotels. If you stay somewhere else, you may have to make several stops to get to your hotel.

I would say the only little niggle I had is the coin-op dryer I used didn't work properly. But they refunded my money and I just used one of the others.

I will not spend twice as much to stay at one of the Disney hotels, this one is closer than two of them and is much better value. As long as the Candy Cane Inn keeps providing great service and accommodations I will stay there every time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Chula Vista
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After spending the day at Disneyland this was a wonderful place to unwind and rest from the day's activities. This motel is very well-located for visiting Disneyland. The room I had was clean and quiet. All of the staff members I met were courtesy and friendly, from the front desk to housekeeping and the maintenance staff. The continental breakfast is great with a large variety of food available, fruit, donuts, muffins, cereal, and of course coffe, juice and milk. I purchased an annual pass to Disneyland this time and will be using the Candy Cane Inn over and over again as I return to Disneyland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and your visit. We appreciate your kind comments about our excellent staff and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and future reservations. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!