“Amazing customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 113 Hotels in Anaheim
“Amazing customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just returned home from another terrific trip to Disney. So grateful to stay for the friendly and thoughtful service we received. James at the front desk is welcoming and so helpful. He made the check-in/check-out process quick and easy and is very knowledgeable about the area restaurants and attractions. We felt truly "at home". We will return again soon. Special thanks also to Amy in reservations who helped book our room. So delightful!

• Stayed August 2013
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the Theme Parks, we appreciate your business and kind comments. We take great pride in our hotel and our wonderful staff and we thank you for recognizing this. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We feel you can't go wrong choosing the Candy Cane. We've stayed numerous times and always feel relaxed at right at home. We were there in june 2013 and our son had an allergic reaction to peanuts. Yjey arranged transportation for us to a hospital and the nest morning James (I think it was) drove my husband to the drugstore and waited until he got the prescription. Moast places would've probably handed us a list of cabs. I think they go out of their way to accomodate their guests. The breakfast is sufficient and can be taken to your room. The shuttle drivers are very helpful and nice. Everyone has already said all the good things. But please save us a room. I'm tryiung to book now and it seems your inn is full . Thanks for the great stays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for being a loyal and repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. I’m glad to hear your son was well taken care of and we are very proud of our Front Desk staff, who continue to work hard and give the best guest service possible to all our guests! Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Mendocino, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed in May, took grandson to D land. Room was clean, comfy beautiful flowers nice pool area lotsa nice families and kids having fun breakfast buffet was just right. Shuttle service was great. Would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback about our rooms and services. We receive many positive comments about our exclusive complimentary shuttle and I am delighted that you found our service enjoyable. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Got rooms in the back and 2nd floor as most suggested for a little more money. Worth it as more quiet for sure. Rooms are clean and spacious with queen beds. You need shuttle to get to Disney which the inn offers for free. Internet and breakfast were also free. Worth the stay with nice staff and clean place.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your business and delighted that your experience was wonderful and you were able to enjoy our many complimentary amenities. Kind regards!
Metuchen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Beautifully kept landscape, rooms are clean and up to date and the staff, friendly. Breakfast offered is plentiful and the location is convenient to Disneyland. Price compared to the big hotel chains - this place beats them all.

• Stayed August 2013
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We Do appreciate and work extremely hard to earn and keep your business. Kind regards!
Turlock, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you stay off the Disney property Stay Here. Our original plan was to spend two nights in another hotel. Due to the convention in town decent rooms were virtually non-exsistent. I had tried to book with the Candy Cane (we were referred by friends) prior to our visit and was unable due to they were sold out. Many friends had told me this was the place to stay and I was disappointed that I was not able to get a room. We were able to get a room at another establishment right across the street from the entrance so of course we took it due to available rooms were either much farther away or ones I thought I would not consider staying in. Well let me tell you that we spent one night wondering what we were smelling and laying on, totally gross. Desperate to get another room I tried the Candy Cane again in hopes that there had been a cancellation and to my delight there had been. The gentleman I spoke with was pleasant and professional. Upon arriving to the room (243) I made note of how clean it was. The room featured some nice touches. The sample size personal care items actually smelled nice and seemed to be decent quality compared to what hotels in this catagory offer. The small fridge had a couple of water bottles and there was a couple of nice biscotti to go with your coffee. They offer a delivered in room complimentary breakfast which is nice because dragging yourself down to a continental breakfast bar stinks when you would just like to stay in your jammies and drink coffee. The beds were comfortable and smelled and looked super clean. The bathroom was clean and showed that the cleaning staff looks in the nooks and crannies. The only negatives were when I called down to ask a question regarding the in room breakfast the lady I spoke with seemed irritated by my question. It was 1am when I called so maybe that had something to do with that. The last thing is that the quality of the breakfast items was just ok but, it was free and I did not have to leave so overall it was acceptable. Overall a wonderful experience at the Candy Cane. The typical hotel on the Disney strip is just doing what it takes to get by while the Candy Cane seems to be striving to provide a guest with a good expirience. If you measure this hotel against competitors in the same catagory the Candy Cane wins. The small things really do matter and show a guest that you care about making their stay as nice as possible.

Room Tip: Some rooms have table a chairs right outside the door.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
I am delighted to see that you were able to stay with us after we were recommended by many of your friends and that your experience was wonderful. Yes, our Premium Rooms have many nice amenities and guests certainly appreciate these during their stay. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My son and I decided to do a trip out to Disneyland before school started. We selected the CCI because of our previous stays. All good. This stay was just as expected.

From James and Nick at the front desk who answered our questions to the addition of eggs & cheese for breakfast options, CCI always seems to be striving for excellence. And the achieve it in my eyes. Not only was the internet working, it was easy to connect to via my laptop and smart phone.

If there is one complaint I would have, it is directed more at the guests the hotel. Please park your car in designated spots and not in the round-abouts. After walking the miles one does in the parks, walking the additional 100 feet to your car should be no problem.

We will stay here again...and most likely before the year is out as we are talking about a Thanksgiving trip.

Great Job CCI. Our home away from home.

Room Tip: If you have a room on the second floor -south side, you can easily see the fireworks.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us “again and again” and certainly know that we appreciate your business and DO care about our guests. Yes, the folks at the desk as well as the remainder of our team are very pleasant and guest service oriented. Please feel free to contact me when planning your Thanksgiving visit as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!