“2nd visit and loved it even more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #2 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Madera, California
“2nd visit and loved it even more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here over Father's day weekend for Disneyland fun and Anaheim Angels game. Instead of a standard room I decided to upgrade to a Deluxe room. I Loved it much better. I love Candy Cane Inn because the grounds are nice, service is awesome and fast, rooms are clean. What I loved about the Deluxe room better is it def. has more room than a standard and I like the layout better, it's a bit different than a standard room. Bathroom area remains the same size. Breakfast was average. We always take fruit and yogurt to go. I love the walking distance to the park, it's perfect for our family. My boys love that the hotel is right behind Cars Land. I will def. be staying again and I had to review this place again because I don't think I gave it enough credit the first go around. You won't find a nice, cleaner, closer place anywhere. Believe me! It's worth a few extra bucks! Free parking!

Room Tip: If you have small children or have a disabled family member ask for bottom level. Free parking is aw...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for being a repeat guest and I am extremely delighted that your second stay was most enjoyable. Yes, the additional two feet of width in Deluxe room makes moving around the room a bit easier. And yes, Cars Land in our backyard is exciting to many young visitors. Kind regards!

2,055 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. I happened to find this hotel randomly while researching hotels in the Anaheim area for our Disney vacation. We loved the convenience of its location to both parks. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms clean. My only hang up occurred when we returned from our room after our first day of exploring Disneyland. I had placed my suitcase on the luggage holder by the bed nearest the wall since it would be out of the way. Well, when we returned to the room, the rack with my suitcase on top was in the middle of the path to the bathroom by the table. And our pillows which we had brought from home were on the chair. Okay, so I understand the maid needed to make the bed, but she should have either put the luggage holder back where she found it or moved it to where the hangers were. Also, whenever I have stayed in a hotel and brought my own pillow, the pillow is always on the bed. So again, she should have left my pillow on the bed after making it. It was a slight nuisance especially after being at the parks all day. Other than that, our stay was good. I would stay here again. The staff was friendly and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Anaheim.

Room Tip: Make sure to turn off the a/c when you leave the room because it will be turned off when you return...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your very special occasion and bringing your very important comments to our attention. We certainly appreciate and listen to our guests and will use this feedback for immediate refresher training. You are very right and items are to be left where they are found and A/C units are not to be turned off in occupied rooms for guest’s convenience upon return. Kind regards!
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stay here every time we go to Disneyland. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is decent. They have a shuttle which is nice after a long day in the park. The hotel grounds are beautiful, and the staff is the best in Anaheim. We've been staying here for years (several times a year), and wouldn't think of anything else. Also, being diabetic, very happy they added hard-cooked eggs to the breakfast. See you again in a few months!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for being a loyal and repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Kind regards!
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a wonderful gem right next to Disneyland. Older hotel owned by the son of the original owner who takes great pride in upkeep. VERY CLEAN! We liked the premium room with breakfast delivered to our room every day, and special welcome treats. It was a very quiet room. We loved the convenience of the hotel shuttle, even though Disneyland entrance was just a couple blocks away. Lots of good places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. Also, free parking!! Other hotels we looked at were charging up to $16.00 a day for parking and did not offer shuttle service.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room away from the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers, we certainly appreciate your time and business. Yes, our owners have been here for over 56 years and image, integrity and pride have always been the foundation of our Inn! And you are right parking is just one of the complimentary items that we provide in our room rate in addition to our Expanded Continental Breakfast, Exclusive Shuttle to and from the Theme Parks and also our WiFi throughout our property and guestrooms. Kind regards!
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family stayed here for two nights before heading over to Hawaii. We arrived at 10:30 am local time hoping we could check in. We were in our room at 12 pm. Great staff, clean rooms, grounds, shuttle and close to everything Disneyland. Breakfast was free!

• Stayed July 2013
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I am delighted to read that we were able to provide you with an early check-in and your stay was most enjoyable. Hope you had a wonderful time in Hawaii and see you again when your travel plans bring you back to the happiest place on earth!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here June30 - July07. Loved it! Property is gorgeous, staff is friendly. Rooms were clean, breakie is basic, but a good way to stay to start the day. The shuttle runs every 30 mins. CCI is only a 9 min walk to Disney if you happen to miss shuttle or it leaves early (which happened once to us!). Beds were comfy, shower fan was quite loud. I would def recommend this hotel and stay here again. Family friendly with a pool, hot tub and kiddie pool. Had a great experience. Lots of restaurants nearby, 7-11 next door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am so sorry that our shuttle left early and for future visits please keep in mind in the busy morning hours the bus may leave early if completely full however it will it will come directly back and make another trip to the theme parks. Kid regards!
Oakdale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn this past June, and enjoyed our entire visit. We requested the same room we occupied in April 2013. Tripadvisor only allows comments every three months or I would have written about out previous stay. We love staying at the Candy Cane Inn. We were fortunate to receive the same room we occupied in April, which was very convenient for our needs. The clerks (James) at the front desk were always helpful, accommodating, and polite. We enjoyed visiting with Edd at breakfast time. He is a longtime employee, who shares his knowledge of Tinker Bell and Disneyland with each visit. The ladies Keico and Martha are so gracious and kept the breakfast room looking great each morning. Our housekeeper Martha was so nice and left extra towels for us each day. I asked to meet General Manager, Jeff Holl, to thank him and compliment him on the hotel, employees, beautiful grounds, accommodations, and overall satisfaction of staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Although it is just a short walk to Disneyland, we were offered the option of taking a shuttle every one-half hour. All of the drivers are extremely nice. We, recenty, bought a Disneyland Annual Pass, and plan to visit again in September. When checking out we received a $10.00 off per night coupon to use towards our next visit. I hope anyone who reads this post enjoys the Candy Cane Inn as much as our family does. Thanks for checking it out!

Room Tip: We requested rooms 103 through 105. They are close to the shuttle, breakfast area, pool, and hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for being a repeat Candy Cane Inn guest and I certainly appreciate the kind comments about so many members of our team. It was very nice meeting you personally and again, I thank you for taking your time and look forward in seeing you again on future visits. Please feel free to contact me personally as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!