“Very good because of location, service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Issaquah, Washington
“Very good because of location, service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is an average hotel. Clean. Rooms were adequate. Service at the front desk was very good. What made this hotel was the excellent location -- an easy 15 minute walk to Disneyland and California Adventure with no major roads to cross. Close enough that if you are overwhelmed you can go rest at your quiet hotel. There is also a hotel shuttle, which I believe is every half hour. We never used it because the walk is so easy. Breakfast in the morning is a good continental with hard boiled eggs, bananas, pastries, yogurt, a cereal bar and pretty good coffee.

Room Tip: The only thing I'd add is that we were on a band trip, so there will be large groups at the hote...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we do appreciate your business and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. While our hotel is known for being a family friendly environment, we are glad we have the opportunity to accommodate groups such as yourselves and others. Kind regards!

2,058 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Myself, husband and 2 children stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for 10 nights, May 3rd to 13th, 2013. We stayed in a standard room, which is the smallest room available. I do not have any complaints and my husband and I have already concluded that we will never stay anywhere else when we make our yearly trips to Disneyland. The staff were professional, courteous, and accommodating. The hotel is charming, and although it is an older building, it is well-maintained. The gardens are absolutely stunning and make you feel so happy as you walk past them to your room in the evening. The pool area is wonderful - just what you need to cool off in the afternoon heat or soak your tired feet after a long day of walking through Disneyland. Housekeeping was always prompt and efficient - rooms were very clean and she went out of her way to arrange my kids' toys and even make up the baby's crib to look inviting and cozy.
The hotel's amenities include a free shuttle, which is so great - runs every half hour and only serves this hotel so it's never full. Although we walked to the parks many times, as it's such a short distance, having the option to get on the bus is just so wonderful. This hotel also offers an expanded continental breakfast, which includes fresh fruit, bagels and cream cheese, muffins, donuts, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereals, coffee, juice and hot chocolate. They've also recently included a huge tray of cheeses as well. Nice that they've now added some additional protein choices. We were always full and ready for a day at the parks. My whole family was sad to leave on our last day of our trip - not only because we love Disneyland, but also because we just love staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you so much for being a repeat guest and allowing us the opportunity on your second visit to the Candy Cane Inn, we DO appreciate your business. Yes, we continue to enhance our product and services and have been adding items to our Expanded Continental Breakfast. We recently upgraded our Donut. Croissant and Danish supplier and have received exceptional comments from our guests and appreciate yours as well. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at CC Inn 5/9-5/12 for our kids first trip to Disneyland. I really liked the CC and would definitely stay again, without kids though. The room was larger than I expected, very clean, comfie beds. We were in a deluxe room on second floor. Very nice pool area, and the breakfast was just what we needed in the morning. Nick at front desk was very nice.

There was a of noise, but

Our kids are 4.6.8. While they could make the walk to Disneyland in the morning no problem, the way back was tough, especialy late at night. We seemed to see the shuttle tail lights driving away more than once. We tried to time it right, but getting caught behind the herd trying to get out the gates after the fireworks show each night was ridiculous. It was just too hard for us to time it right with the kids and if you miss it, waiting another 30 mins at 10pm with a sleepy 4 year old was not gonna happen. Once I waited with a sleeping child while my husband ran back and got the car, the other times we walked back. This is not fault of CC, but it's nearly impossible to catch the shuttles following the Mickey light show, mainly because as people are filing out of Frontierland from the show, the fireworks were still in progress and getting down Main Street was a struggle.

I can't see going to Disneyland without the kids so while I would stay at CC again, it wouldn't be until they are a few years older. When we go again in the fall, we will stay directly across the street.

Room Tip: We were in room 231. We heard garbage trucks one morning, and a family or two oing for magin hour...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers, we appreciate your business and feedback. Yes, Nick is a wonderful addition to our front desk team and I thank you for recognizing this. Kind regards!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My five year old grandson and I stayed here for two nights for the first time and it was a very comfortable stay. The rooms were clean and our bathroom was large and roomy. The beds were quite comfortable for us also. We loved the clean and neat pool area. The foliage and flowers were quite beautiful for a motel and put me in a nice mood. It was uplifting to return after a busy, tiring day at D'land.
The breakfast was good although I did go off of the diet because of the all the goodies. We had a room in front and it wasn't noisy at all. I will be returning again in June with my other grandson.
We used both the shuttle and walked to D'land. The walk was short and we even walked back to the motel after a long day at D'land instead of waiting for the shuttle. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am delighted that you and the grandson had a comfortable stay. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your return visit with the other grandson as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Excellent, friendly staff. From check in, shuttle drivers, housekeeping to maint. staff, all employees were excellent and helpful. The location is excellent, a short walk to the main gate of Disneyland. The second floor room was small, but adequate. Separate shower/toilet room from the vanity/sink area. The room was spotless and cleaned in a timely manner. The room location was across from the pool, which closes at 11pm. Perhaps it should be closed at 10pm as some parents have screaming, yelling children and NO regards to other guests. The shuttle bus drivers were helpful and friendly, especially Fred. The bus was prompt and on time. The parking is good with no added charges for parking. The breakfast was good, with a broad assort of food, fresh fruit and yogurt to accommodate most people..The a/c was quiet and did not interfere with sleep.

Room Tip: Our third visit and always stayed on the second floor. Never a problem with the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being a loyal and repeat Candy Cane Inn guest. We appreciate your business and kind comments about our property and team. I am sincerely sorry that you experienced children that were less than respectful of others and screaming at the pool. We only hope that others will read your comments and take the personal responsibility and be more considerate of others. Kind regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed in Candy Cane Inn for 8 days and we really had a great time. We stayed in a premium room which was quite big for the three of us. The beds were so comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. Internet Wifi connection was excellent. The staff were so helpful and friendly. We loved the muffins and the bagels that we had for breakfast. We just checked out today, the next leg of our vacation, and the minute we arrived in our New hotel room, my daughter said "Oh I miss Candy Cane". How we wish we had stayed longer in Candy Cane Inn.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am delighted that your daughter had a nice time and give her my well wishes. Kind regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for my brothers band competition two years in a row and it has never disappointed!
Bagel and Danish breakfast.
Comfy beds with lots of pillows.
Clean bathrooms.
Lovely pool area with a spa.
The shuttle driver was beyond nice!

The only negative I could find was the fact that the breakfast sitting was limited. Even then, families are in and out quickly, and you can always take the breakfast to your room.

Overall, I would definitely get this hotel again!!! We did walk to the Anaheim cinema from the hotel which wasn't a long walk at all.

• Stayed May 2013
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for the past two years and we appreciate your kind comments about our property and team. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!