“Thank you Candy Cane Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Bookmark
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Vallejo, California
“Thank you Candy Cane Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had a great time at the Candy Cane Inn for our granddaughter's 4th birthday. Check in was delightful and we were able to check in 2 hours early. I do not understand the bad reviews. the carpet was clean in our premium room and the staff was always kind and thoughtful. The pool and jacuzzi was fantastic. Our breakfast great and brought to our room in the cutest basket. There was no noise that was bothersome and we slept well in our comfortable beds. We are loving (at this very moment) lounging in our room after 3 days of walking through the parks. We used the shuttle almost very time. It was always on time. Thank you Candy Cane Inn.

Room Tip: Loved the premium room for the amenities such as breakfast brought to room, late check out, 2 waters...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate our guest’s feedback and strive to provide the utmost in product and customer service. Yes, many guests enjoy the Premium Rooms and the amenities they offer. Please give my birthday wishes to your granddaughter! Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a very cute little hidden gem next to Disneyland. We stayed here for my birthday in February. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The service was great. Everyone was very friendly. I love the landscape, it is very well taken care of. We didn't have any problems with noise from the outside as others had stated they did. We walked and took the candy cane inn bus over to Disneyland. The breakfast was plentiful. They had all sorts of breads and bagels, cream cheese, yogurts, fruit, cereal, coffee, and juices. The price is very budget friendly. Would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Suggest a quiet room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your business and our team certainly cares about our guests and property. Kind regards!
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have stayed at Candy Cane 8 times in the last 10 years and have loved it every time. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. It is very close to the entrance to Disneyland with their own shuttle, which is a huge advantage. I have never heard anyone next door which is my pet peeve, very quiet. The only negative I have to say was the check in. Angel did not look us in the eye when we came in and barely looked at us through the whole process, we did not feel welcome and there definetly was not the disney vibe present.We all walked away feeling a little disappointed. Other than that it was a great stay. Maybe a little reminder this is a hospitality business is in order.
The price is getting a little steep also, if it keeps going up we may have to look elsewhere unfortunately..we paid 149.00 a night.

Room Tip: We always choose the second floor to avoid overhead noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for being a loyal repeat guest and we do appreciate and listen to your feedback. Being a return guest please make sure that you bring your Rewards Certificate that is given at checkout so you capture the discount if returning within the next year. Please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Dublin, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A very odd name for this motel. I consider it a motel because you park in front of your room. The staff was very friendly and you can purchase anything from their gift shop at normal prices. We bought water, suntan lotion and food at a very reasonable price compared to if you were to purchase them in the Disneyland park. For example, water was $2.00 compared to $6 in the park. When we walk into the room it was clean but has a little musty smell from the air conditioner. There was a fridge to put any food we packed or bought from the array of restaurants or convenience store right next door. They serve a continental breakfast of fruits, cereal, breads and drinks in the morning. Tip to you.......bring the tray from the room to allow you to bring the food back with you if you don't want to eat there. Another down side was the carpet had stains on them. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, all he did was say "sorry" but no notes to have them cleaned for the next guest. My wife did not take her shoes off in the room. Another odd thing was the cleaning maid. All hotels I have stayed in require them to keep the door open while they are in the room. Here they walk in and close it behind them.
Overall, it was a nice stay but would probably stay at a hotel across the street from the park if they offered the same rates. Go for the rates, the free breakfast and food you can bring with you to the park and location, location, location.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor so you are not bothered by cars driving around.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am sincerely apologetic that our front desk agent appeared uninterested in your comments as this is certainly NOT the issue and we appreciate and welcome guests feedback. In regards to our closing the door when in the room, this is done to protect the personal items of the guest (as well as themselves) as the attendant may be in the restroom cleaning and not hear someone entering the room. I am not sure if you noticed that a card in hung on the door handle stating that someone in the room. And yes, the trays in the room are intended for use at our Expanded Continental Breakfast. Kind regards!
Canada, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I planned to follow the recommendations and go to this inn.
I found it hard to find (with my GPS) for some reason.
The lady quoted me room-rates, which were much higher "because of a convention".
So what!!!
We had nothing to do with the convention, so why should I get charged a way higher rate?
There was no convention anywhere else.
I also asked about "the standard rates" and she quoted prices considerably higher than the rates other people posted in their reviews on this site.

Room Tip: find better value elsewhere
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments; I have attempted to contact you through TripAdvisor with no response however wanted to respond. We cannot locate a reservation of your visit based on information you have provided here. In regards to rates, our rates are published as other properties noting the lowest and highest rates based on room type, occupancy levels, availability and season of the year. Kind regards.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Family just got back for 3 great nights at the Candy Cane. This is a repeat visit and reminded me why we come back here every time we visit Disneyland. James at the front desk was so great at welcoming us and was even able to get us checked in a bit early so we could get our stuff in the fridge and head to the park. Thank you James! Everyone there was so friendly and helpful. Location is perfect as it is very short walk to the park. Plus they have a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour so it really was nice. Not to mention there is a store next door that was very convenient. We also made a couple trips to the Cheesecake Factory for some great food and it was a very short walk. It was packed but we still had no problem finding a parking spot.
Hotel room was perfect. Plenty of room and comfy beds. Very clean and well taken care of. Everything is so well cared for, they take pride in the hotel and it shows. Love all of the plants, it really is beautifully landscaped. It was our sons Birthday and I had mentioned it earlier when I booked our reservation months before, of course there were home made cookies with a nice Happy Birthday card for him. Very nice and appreciated! The breakfast was very good. All good quality and a great way to start the day. So nice as if it is crowded they have trays you can take back to your room if you'd like.
Pool isn't big by any means but it was just right to come back to for a mid day break. Plus they have a hot tub as well. Spring Break in Disneyland was CRAZY busy and we were so happy to come back her for a much needed break. The pool was a perfect temperature. All in all as you can tell we love the Candy Cane and won't ever stay anywhere else when we come to Disneyland. It is a great value and the staff alone make it the place to go. I will continue to send all of our family and friends here. We love the Candy Cane and hope to come back again. I can't imagine why anyone would want to go anywhere else. Thank you Kevin and thank you Candy Cane!
Dave

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your kind comment and that you are a loyal and repeat guest of our Inn. Our entire team does a wonderful job in taking care of our property and they are sincere in the genuine care and concern they demonstrate with guests. I am delighted that your son enjoyed the cookies on his special day and it’s a small token of our appreciation. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall I would probably stay here again, but planning on trying somewhere a bit closer next time. I thought this was the closest hotel, but there are some RIGHT outside the gates that would be more convenient for naps for the younger kids.. and that has an elevator.

My only complaint about the hotel overall was that there is no elevator. It wasn't carrying the luggage that was a problem, that's just once up and once down.. but hauling the stroller up and down several times a day got really old, really fast.. then stick a sleeping child in there. That was not fun.

Check in was easy and quick. We didn't realize we needed to present our AAA card for the discount and didn't bring it, so had to pay the $10 extra per night for our room.

Staff is super friendly and helpful.

Room was ok. Bedding was ugly, but clean. One bed is really close to the heater/AC. My three year old couldn't even squeeze between them, although they aren't exactly touching. Heater and AC worked when needed.
Tub is tiny, but clean. Travel shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottle are minute.. I'd guess less than 1 oz, but they'd probably give you new ones if you used the ones there.
Set up of refrigerator is odd (90 degree angle to the counter), but works as long as you don't have anything on the counter when you need to open the door. Freezer doesn't freeze stuff but everything was kept cold. No microwave.
Maid service was nice and they did a good job.

I can see why a room closer to the back would be better so you don't have to hear all of the people walking by. The walls between rooms seemed pretty sound proofed, but we could hear every person walking past the room.

Breakfast was nice. Fruits, cereal, muffins, doughnuts, danishes, toast, bagels and nice yogurt.. as well as juice, coffee and good hot chocolate. They never ran out of anything while I was there. Seating was available, but usually not inside.. and when it's cool and drizzling.. having to sit outside was kind of obnoxious.

Shuttle was nice and drivers were careful and friendly. They run every half our and are on time. If you miss one, it's way faster to just walk then to wait for the next on though. It's about a 10 to 15 minute walk if you are taking your time. I'd guess 2 laps around the track away from the turn into the gate.

Parking was ok. It's free.. so that's nice. The parking spaces themselves are tiny. They were usually pretty full, but we were always able to find a spot even if it wasn't exactly close to our room.

Pool was a nice temperature, but we only used it once the first day. After that we were either in Disneyland or too tired from being in Disneyland.

Overall, it was decent for the price we paid. I wouldn't say it was a 5 star hotel for a 3 star price.. but it was a 3 star hotel, for a 3 star price with 5 star service.

One last note on value.. they have free parking and are within walking distance, so if you are driving but want to walk to Disneyland this save you a bit of money than if you stayed at a closer hotel which charges for parking. However.. if you are taking an airport shuttle and have to walk.. the Ramada Main Gate, a Best Western, and Park Vue are closer. I think they charge about $15 to park there and Disney charges $15 per day for parking as well, so if I was driving and was ok driving to Disney, I would stay at a hotel a mile or two away with free parking and just drive daily.

Room Tip: back is quiter but a long walk when your feet hurt already.. people with strollers, first floor migh...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback and I personally appreciate your responding to my email and your information. First I would like to apologize that our front desk agent did not attempt to contact AAA to validate your membership being that you did not have your card. We have met with some resistance from the AAA staff when we attempt to verify membership however most time the staff is accommodating. We do certainly attempt to honor all requests as it pertains to being on the first or second floor and in the future please inform the reservationist and by all means please know that if you simply contact the front desk one of our staff would be delighted to assist with your luggage. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!