“Another Great Stay at the Candy Cane Inn!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Utah
“Another Great Stay at the Candy Cane Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I just returned last week from an 8 night stay at Candy Cane with our grandaughter. As usual, we loved the staff, the facilities and kindness of everyone there. From the shuttle drivers to the front desk staff and everyone else- it was another great Disneyland experience, in part because we knew we were coming back to our favorite place to stay after a long day in the Parks. This is and will continue to be our hotel of choice in Anaheim. It is older but very well maintained and clean. If you haven't stayed her before- give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again and please know that we DO appreciate your repeat business and thank you for your kind comments. The Candy Cane Inn is built on relationships such as yours and please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Southern CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I previously stayed in a standard room. Since we brought our 3 kids on this trip, we had to get the large, premium room. The room is located in the back away from the street. It's about 350 square feet. It's small room for a family of five, but the amenities make up for it. The room includes breakfast delivery, mini fridge, microwave, snacks (the cookies were good), movie rental and a late 2pm check-out.

Though the walk to Dland isn't far, the shuttle service is convenient especially after a day at the Parks. There are many places to eat in the area. Subway is across the street. iHOP, Dennys, Tony Roma and the Garden Walk mall are within walking distance.

The staff is nice. However, the woman who checked us out needs to put on a friendly face even if she doesn't mean it. If she bothered to ask how our stay was, I would have had some kind words at that time, and suggested that she smile more.

We had a pleasant stay. We would recommend the premium rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and I also appreciate your responding to my private email as we DO listen to our guest and value the feedback that is provided to enhance our product and service. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your Premium Room and yes, the added amenities are certainly worth the additional cost. Warm regards!
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our last Candy Cane Inn review was for our October stay. Since then we speak Thanksgiving there and Feb 1st - Feb 4th. We have also booked our spring break trip, March 30-April 6. We love the CCI.

Why? The staff. When my son walked in James at the front desk welcomed him by name. When our room is not available, they allow us to park there and walk to the park. The hotel is always clean, the pool is always pleasant and everything we need is nearby. The walk to the park is easy, the I-5 is right there and a Target is just down the road. But it really is the staff.

We are counting the days until we return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal and repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family, we certainly appreciate your business. Yes, our team of service professionals goes that extra mile in providing exceptional guest service and friendliness. Please feel free to contact me directly when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a trip to Disneyland. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and it was very quiet. The only minor issue we had was a strange smell in the bathroom. There was a drain in the floor and we suspected the smell was coming from there, so my husband covered it up and it seemed to take care of the problem.

This place is on the same side as Disneyland, about a block or two away. You can easily walk there, but they have a shuttle that drops you off and picks you up. It leaves the hotel every 30 minutes on the hour, and picks you up at Disneyland at the 15 min. and 45 min. mark every hour. After a full day in Disneyland, it was nice not to have to walk back to the motel.

Their continental breakfast is minimal but a nice start to the day. They had fresh fruit, bread and bagels, danishes and donuts, muffins, and I believe they also had cereal. I found the staff to be mostly indifferent. They weren't rude by any means, but they didn't seem overly friendly either. With the exception of one very nice lady at the lobby desk, most of the employees need a refresher course in how to greet customers with a smile.

We will definitely choose this motel again when we go back to Disneyland. The free shuttle, free parking, and of course those free mini candy canes won us over.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for responding to my email and providing me with additional information regarding your recent visit. We DO listen to our guest and appreciate valuable feedback that will enable us to improve product, service and enhance training where necessary. Please feel free to contact when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in January and found it to be a great place to stay for our Disney visit. We have two young girls, the room we stayed in was spacious for a portacot as well as 2 queen beds. It was clean and comfortable ( although bed a little too soft for me) and the staff were great. My husband was extremely grateful to the staff for their understanding & hospitality during the early hours of the morning when a little person couldn't sleep from jet lag. We used the pool which was clean, plenty of towels available, and this was in winter! Breakfast had a good selection - the only thing being if its cold outside there is not much indoor seating and we had to wait for a table to become available (I guess it's not normally cold in CA!) otherwise plenty of seating around the pool. We walked to Disney (although the shuttle was every 30 mins) taking us only 7 minutes with a pushchair, so the location was perfect. Good value, great location, recommended for families & we certainly will recommend the candy cane inn to our friends.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your family trip and thank you for your kind comments regarding our property and staff. We understand that different time zones and sleep patterns and I am happy the little person was comfortable during the early hours. I thank you for recommending us to your friends and let them know they may contact me personally as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The best thing about the hotel is the proximity to the Disneyland parks. The room was clean, the parking was plentiful, and the price was right. My only complaint is that the pool wasn't super warm. I'm local and checked in to have access to a really warm pool. The hot tub was awesome! It was hot! The pool was lukewarm. It was definitely heated, just not warm enough for me. Kids had no problem swimming in it, of course. The front desk was nice, the soda in the vending machines was cold, and we ordered pizza up to our room from a local delivery place. If you don't want to pay for parking at Disneyland, this place is close enough to walk (although they do offer a shuttle, which is totally unnecessary).

Room Tip: The second floor on the side AWAY from the parks can see the fireworks at night no problem! We just...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the theme parks, we DO appreciate your business. I am sorry that the temperature of our pool was not warm enough for you as this and our children’s wading pool is set at 80 degrees and our spa is set at 103 degrees year round for guest comfort. Kind regards!
Central Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed for just one night at Candy Cane Inn on the first leg of our vacation since we were going to Disneyland the next day. Since it was just my husband & I, we wanted a room with one king bed - not two queens. Due to it being a handicapped accessible room, there were some drawbacks. There aren't many king rooms (due to families needing two beds) & this one was not in the "premium" category I would have preferred, but since we were not traveling with the kids, we chose this option. Here are the pros & cons of our stay:

Pros: Price was great
shuttle service to Disneyland -every 1/2 hour. We used it & were pleased
location - backs California Adventure - ten minute walk to the parks or Downtown Disney
free parking - plenty of spots at this time of year - they let us keep our car there for the entire day even after check out in the morning.
breakfast was plentiful & breakfast room was clean & not busy while we were there
Our handicapped accessible bathroom had all new tile on floor & in shower & new wallpaper
Modern LCD TV

Cons: Location of room - behind/under staircase, window looked out directly at staircase wall
Room was small & dark due to location in the motel complex
Bed was excessively soft - softest I've ever slept on - not comfy for our backs
Vanity outside bathroom area was outdated & had 3-4 small stained splotches (paint?)

Overall a good choice/value for a family Disneyland visit where you are not spending a lot of time in the room beyond sleeping anyway. We would stay here again if the kids were with us - but would go for the Premium room with two queen beds instead of the King Deluxe accessible room we had in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Yes, we are a family property and only have three King Bedded rooms and they are accessible. The location is close to the ice and vending machine with respect for folks and their possible limited movement. All of our bed are Serta Presidential Double Pillow Top and while they may be softer than a conventional mattress. We receive so many positive reviews regarding sleep quality and I am very sorry they are not to your liking and we will retain you’re comments for when we shop replacement mattresses. Kind regards!