“A great stay at the Candy Cane Inn!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Fresno, California
“A great stay at the Candy Cane Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Inn during a December trip to Disneyland. We decided on the hotel due to outstanding reviews posted and the recommendations of friends. We booked a premium room and were very pleased with it and the overall quality of the inn and it's staff.

After returning home to the Ca. Central Valley, my wife, a cancer survivior realized that she left behind in our room a blanket that was adorned with the pink cancer survivor symbols. This is a prized possession of hers. I called the inn and spoke to the office staff. They checked with housekeeping and to our relief told us that the blanket was there and that they would hold it for us. When the staff was told that we lived quite a distance away, they took the time to mail the item to us.

My wife was reunited with her property and as I write this review she is lying on our couch, reading and covered by her beloved pink cancer survivors memorial blanket, a handmade gift from a dear friend.

THANK YOU TO THE STAFF OF THE CANDY CANE INN!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a premium room if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am delighted that your wife reunited with her very special blanket. Our housekeeping team does a wonderful job on retaining items left behind and it is always a pleasure to see items returned to their owners. Warm regards!

1,977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Rochester, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had read reviews and was even more pleased than I could imagine. We loved the quaintness of this place-beautiful vines with flowers everywhere. It's proximity to Disneyland was wonderful, so we walked back and forth. The breakfast was a great money saver. The pool looked fun, but it was cold and rainy. We had rented a scooter and the staff took care of charging it each night. Wifi didn't work at first and we asked and they fixed it. We needed handicap accommodations and the stool could not be adjusted. One call and it was taken care of immediately. And then the sweetest surprise was on Christmas eve we arrived to find a teddy bear, an ornament and fresh cookies in our room. I would highly recommend this place for anyone visiting Disneyland. The price comparison for staying on property at Disney or here was incredible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback for both us and fellow guests. It was our pleasure to send the Christmas goodies on the eve of Christmas and again for the arriving guests on Christmas day. Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for two nights the week before Christmas on recommendations by friends in concert with Trip Advisor reviews. It's rated No. 2 on TA, and other hotels so highly ranked have not disappointed.
But this one did slightly for reasons that might not affect some families. Thought travelers should have more info hence this review.
This tidy, but dated hotel is literally within throwing (even if you stink at throwing) distance of Disneyland. On same side of street as park entrance, it eliminates need for municipal shuttle, which is $5 per person per way and invilves a wait at closing time. Hotel has its own free shuttle, but at night it was never on time so we always walked. Would have been nice to ride after 15-hour day at Mickey's place.
WiFi is free compared to Marriott's $13 per day charge, but if it doesn't work, free is a moot point. Two complaints got indifferent responses from front desk: "oh yeah, we're working on an upgrade." That didn't help us much.
Finally, rooms lack electrical outlets. If you have a family and each member has their own smart phone in need of charging and daughters have flat irons, et al, this is problematic. We're talking 2 per room, one at sink, one on floor.
If you're not in need of being plugged in, this won't affect a stay.
Parking is free, which is a bonus as it's $24 per day at Marriott. But given the property's simple technology limitations, cheaper Marriott rooms might be the way to go even with the add-ons.

• Stayed December 2012
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I do appreciate your comments regarding our Inn. I am sincerely sorry that your WiFi experience was not to your expectation. Our upgrade has been hampered with the holidays and companies reduced hours for technical staff and should be completed within days. I am very much excited about our upgrade as we will now have 63 access points throughout our property up from the current 18 and will be secured with guest signing in. Your comments regarding our exclusive complimentary shuttle concerns me and I have spoken with our drivers. The shuttle simply leaves the hotel on the hour and half and leaves the park on the 15 and 45 of each hour. Kind regards!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

After fine-tuning our hotel options from reviews on Tripadvisor, we chose Candy Cane Inn and we were absolutely thrilled with the choice. The hotel is walking distance to the entrance of Disneyland, which we did going and returning on Day One, but on Day Two were were starting to get a little tired after our first day's outing that we caught the complimentary Shuttle Bus (which leaves every half hour from both Candy Cane and DIsneyland to return. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Shower pressure could have been more and a lot warmer in our room, but that would be our only complaint. Beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very quiet. The staff were all helpful and pleasant. The complimentary continental breakfast went down well. Free coffee available in thee lobby, but also coffee available in the rooms. Overall, this was a very enjoyable stay and would have no hesitation in returning and recommending to others. Thank you Tripadvisor for your excellent advice.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top level towards the back of the hotel so that you can see the fireworks at ni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn 4 times now and I find it well worth the money. The property is close to the resorts and other Anaheim destinations. The property is well maintained. The rooms are older and not a lot of updates, but they are clean and well stocked. The staff is nice and helpful. Free continental type breakfast in the morning is good, just make sure to get there way before the cutoff time or there's no food left. The staff stops restocking about a hour before breakfast hours end.

*** the free Disneyland shuttle is the best part of this hotel****

The only 2 criticisms I have are (1) noise is a factor. Not surprisingly, there are a lot of kids staying here. Families here tend to stay up late and wake up early and let their kids run rampant in between. Not great insulation or soundproofing here either. (2) Parking can become an issue. There is not a lot of parking, really just one space per room. But - the hotel allows guests to keep their cars there after checkout until they get back from the park. So sometimes when you check in the for day, you cannot find a spot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being a repeat guest and we DO appreciate your business and valuable feedback. We listen to our guests and will be making changes in our breakfast hours soon to enhance our guest satisfaction. I do apologize for guests that may not be as respectful to others and yes, we are a family hotel and children do get caught up in the excitement of the theme parks. Kind Regards!
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was our second time staying here, and we will definitely be staying there again. Overall it is a wonderful experience!

PROS:
Check-in is a breeze. Both times we stayed there it was super easy and quick. The staff was very helpful and polite. I appreciate the coffee and candy canes in the lobby :)

Super close to Disneyland. We mostly walked but took the shuttle a couple of times. The shuttle was always on time and the driver was courteous.

You can buy Disneyland tickets at the front desk. We were able to buy 3-day Park Hoppers and charge to the room, which made the hotel and tickets on one charge.

VERY comfy beds and clean rooms!

The first time we stayed, we used the pool. I understand it is heated in the winter, so I saw people swimming this trip. The pool is refreshing and clean.

VERY good value for a hotel this close to Disneyland!

CONS:
The cons here aren't many, as I firmly believe that the good outweighs the bad by a ton. However, I should mention these in the interest of giving a full review.

My biggest complaint was the breakfast. As advertised, they do have a continental breakfast. However, the proteinous offerings are very light. No hard-boiled eggs or breakfast meat. The food was mostly carbs (bagels, donuts, etc) but the fruit was nice. We just took some fruit back to the room and ate a better breakfast in the park.

Housekeeping insists on turning the air conditioning very low, so when you come back at the end of a hot day (or even at night during the winter), the room was stifling hot. It takes awhile to get the temperature down to a comfortable level, too. I understand the need to keep cooling costs low, but the room was always sweltering when we arrived back after a long day at Disneyland.

We had a room that was on the street (sidewalk outside our window), and the noise level was very annoying. The first time we had a room further back, and it was super quiet. I don't like being kept up late with loud people walking by and buses zooming past, nor do I appreciate being woken up at a very early hour by those noises.

Overall, I feel that this hotel has way more pros than cons, and we will be using them on our next Disney trip. You can't beat the location and the value.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the street. Expect a carb-ridden breakfast. Know the bus schedule - t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us again and we look forward in seeing you again. We appreciate your feedback and I have spoken with our housekeeping team as it is policy to NOT change settings that guests have selected and I apologize for any inconvenience. Kind regards!
Arvada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in December of 2012, for a family trip to Disneyland. We travelled with our three kids, and my mom and dad stayed at the Candy Cane as well. I was extremely pleased with the entire experience, and I will absolutely stay there again the next time we travel to Anaheim. The grounds were beautiful and well kept, including the pool and hot tub...the rooms were spotless and well appointed, the fitness facility was great, the continental breakfast was just right, and the staff was awesome.

Some other perks we loved:
-We walked to and from Disneyland in 10 minutes (for real). It's on the same side of the street as Disneyland, and it's an easy walk even with a stroller.
-The free shuttle was convenient, even though it wasn't necessary, but it was great to have the option of a FREE shuttle every 30 minutes.
-You can see the fireworks at Disneyland from certain areas on the grounds...even if your room doesn't have a window view, you can easily see from the balcony or the parking lot.
-7-11 was right around the corner for last minute purchases and snacks.
-Several restaurants from cheap to a little more pricey all within walking distance.
-FREE parking...I didn't find one other hotel anywhere near Disneyland that offered free parking.
-The staff even let us park there for free after we checked out while we were at Disneyland (they said they can't always offer this depending on how busy they were, but they were very accommodating).

I will never consider staying anywhere else after this trip...thank you Candy Cane Inn!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I appreciate your kind comments and recognizing our team, that truly DO care about our guests and their happiness and pleasant stay. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Happy Holidays!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!