“Perfect in every way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Save Saved
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel Dec 2012. What a fantastic place Tripadvisor did not let me down. Great location to Disney parks, very short walk with toddler. The deluxe room was one of the largest i have stayed at in the U.S, it was spotless every day. Great continental breakfast with a wide range of food. Staff were very helpful anf extremely pleasant to deal with, including holding our bags for the day whilst we shopped before a late night flight to Australia. The free shuttle bus is not a bus it is a coach, very nice. The town car service arranged to & from the airport was great too, very comprable to a shuttle but way more comfortable. Overall a fantastic hotel in a great location,will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Deluxe room on 2nd floor was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your in-depth comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We do appreciate your business and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

My family plans a Disneyland vacation 1-2 times a year and every year we stay at the candy cane inn!!! The rooms work out great for 4 adults nicely, the complimentary shuttle and drivers are superb, we always get excited for the breakfast buffet (great muffins and treats!!!) My husband and I also visited the candy cane inn for our honeymoon and our one year anniversary Disney trip!!! The hotel grounds are beautiful it definitely has a little Disney touch, reminds me of the tikki room!!! A great place for families and couples!!! Thanks for the great memories candy cane!!! Can't wait to visit you guys this Feb 2013 to see the new cars land!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for being a loyal and repeat Candy Cane Inn guest, we DO appreciate your business! I am delighted to read that you have celebrated many wonderful occasions and you will certainly enjoy Cars Land and the many new additions at the theme park. Warm regards!
Glen Iris
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here on the 4th of December for 1 night as we were going to Disneyland and seeing Bruce Springsteen at night, we arrived around 9am and it was good we are able to check in, to my disappointment we were the upper floor and as there were no ramps we found it very hard trying to get our heavy luggage up the stairs, the rooms were quite large which was good. The following morning when I went to have a shower I was unable to turn the shower on, most showers you should only have to simply turn the tap to the right and the water turns on but not here I had to try to push in the tap, twist and turn and still nothing so I called reception and someone came up and turned it on for me as though it was a simple thing to which it wasnt. Once I finished with the shower the water wouldnt turn off so I had to call for someone to come up and turn it off. Very frustrating. overall disappointing stay.

Room Tip: lower floor as its nearly impossible to carry luggage up the stairs and there is nobody around to as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am sincerely sorry that your shower knob worked hard. The water in Anaheim with the high calcium levels can affect these and it was changed out immediately upon your bringing to our attention. Again, I am very apologetic for this inconvenience and do thank you for bringing to our attention. In regards to luggage assistance, we ask that if you simply contact the front desk and one of our team would be delighted to provide immediate assistance with luggage. Kind regards.
phoenix, arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Candy Cane Inn is a very nice hotel close to Disneyland/California Adventures park. It is clean and very well priced. Breakfast is free and very good, however it is all carbs..no meats. There is a free shuttle to the park although the walk is very close and easy. Only complaint is we were in room 240 which is right next to house keeping. We were woken every day at about 5:30am by them talking and going in and out of their room. DON'T take this room is you need to be able to sleep late. We were at the parks until 1:00am each night so the 5:30am noise was not fun. But I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to not be placed next to house keeping
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with the valuable feedback and we have already discussed with our team. We do appreciate your business and look forward in seeing you again. Kind regards.
McKinleyville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have used Trip Advisor many times for travels throughout the world and welcome honest reviews that help me make informed choices. I stayed at this hotel during my recent trip to Anaheim based on the positive experiences of others and now have my own to add. I describe this hotel as "clean and colorful," and it really is. It has all the basics of a good hotel: clean, spacious bathroom and adjacent sink/closet area, plus comfortable beds, cheerful decorations, table and television cabinet. For my own personal taste, I very much appreciate the refrigerator, coffee maker and real glasses (for the sip of wine I enjoy in the evening, real glasses beat plastic cups every time). On top of the above average rooms, the hotel lobby itself is welcoming, filled with Disney items spilling out from the small gift store, and - of course - a basket of help-yourself candy canes. The staff is friendly, helpful (thank you, Ashley, at the front desk!) and eager to assist. The grounds are warm with blossoming bougainvillea and, bordering the rear section, a teaser look at the back of the new Carsland. Comments from my family included "Well, I guess we have a new place to stay in Anaheim!" As if all this weren't enough, they offer a shuttle ride to and from the Disneyland Resorts entrance every 30 minutes - but it's close enough to walk the two long blocks. We will definitely stay there again. For convenience, cleanliness, fine service and a fresh continental breakfast, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor not far from the lobby. I'm not sure there is a bad room in the fac...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for following your intuition and the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor. It certainly is a trust worthy site and we ask guests to view the site when we are sold out as the feedback is non-bias and actual comments by the guests based on their experience. I am delighted to read that your family gave us the thumbs up for future visits. Please feel free to contact me personally as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. The best of the holiday season to you and yours. Warm regards!
Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the CCI from 11-22-12 to 11-29-12 and as usual everything was perfect. Great staff, amenities and breakfast. This is our 5th stay in the last 8 years at the CCI. This trip, we opted for the premium room, which includes extra in room amenities and continental breakfast delivered to our room. The night before we put our breakfast request and time on the door. Our breakfast was always delivered at the time and the with the items we requested. The offerings were plentiful, (i.e. coffee, juice, milk, hot & cold cereal, muffins, donuts, yogurt, fresh fruit). We will not stay anywhere else when we are in Anaheim.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal Candy Cane Inn repeat guest, we sincerely appreciate your business. Happy Holidays!
tacoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

OMG... trip adivsor and friends said this would be great. Got there. Sink broken, toilet ran, water bubble on the ceiling, earwigs in tub...worst of all: luke warm shower that ran warm and cold....miserable...LOUD!!! Told us we could go next door and buy earplugs for $3.99/ea. Tried to talk us out of $40 cab for their "town car" for $60. Nice job Trip Advisor. You are so bought and sold. Never trust you again. Hope you don't ever go public...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
After reviewing your comments regarding our Inn and California Adventure I am sorry that neither of us delivered to your expectations. I professionally feel that TripAdvisor is fair and allows guests to make accusations and claims based on their perception and/or opinion and only ask that we be given the opportunity to rectify issues in advance. Thank you.

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!