“A very pleasant stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
McKinleyville, California
“A very pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have used Trip Advisor many times for travels throughout the world and welcome honest reviews that help me make informed choices. I stayed at this hotel during my recent trip to Anaheim based on the positive experiences of others and now have my own to add. I describe this hotel as "clean and colorful," and it really is. It has all the basics of a good hotel: clean, spacious bathroom and adjacent sink/closet area, plus comfortable beds, cheerful decorations, table and television cabinet. For my own personal taste, I very much appreciate the refrigerator, coffee maker and real glasses (for the sip of wine I enjoy in the evening, real glasses beat plastic cups every time). On top of the above average rooms, the hotel lobby itself is welcoming, filled with Disney items spilling out from the small gift store, and - of course - a basket of help-yourself candy canes. The staff is friendly, helpful (thank you, Ashley, at the front desk!) and eager to assist. The grounds are warm with blossoming bougainvillea and, bordering the rear section, a teaser look at the back of the new Carsland. Comments from my family included "Well, I guess we have a new place to stay in Anaheim!" As if all this weren't enough, they offer a shuttle ride to and from the Disneyland Resorts entrance every 30 minutes - but it's close enough to walk the two long blocks. We will definitely stay there again. For convenience, cleanliness, fine service and a fresh continental breakfast, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor not far from the lobby. I'm not sure there is a bad room in the fac...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for following your intuition and the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor. It certainly is a trust worthy site and we ask guests to view the site when we are sold out as the feedback is non-bias and actual comments by the guests based on their experience. I am delighted to read that your family gave us the thumbs up for future visits. Please feel free to contact me personally as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. The best of the holiday season to you and yours. Warm regards!

2,059 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the CCI from 11-22-12 to 11-29-12 and as usual everything was perfect. Great staff, amenities and breakfast. This is our 5th stay in the last 8 years at the CCI. This trip, we opted for the premium room, which includes extra in room amenities and continental breakfast delivered to our room. The night before we put our breakfast request and time on the door. Our breakfast was always delivered at the time and the with the items we requested. The offerings were plentiful, (i.e. coffee, juice, milk, hot & cold cereal, muffins, donuts, yogurt, fresh fruit). We will not stay anywhere else when we are in Anaheim.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal Candy Cane Inn repeat guest, we sincerely appreciate your business. Happy Holidays!
tacoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

OMG... trip adivsor and friends said this would be great. Got there. Sink broken, toilet ran, water bubble on the ceiling, earwigs in tub...worst of all: luke warm shower that ran warm and cold....miserable...LOUD!!! Told us we could go next door and buy earplugs for $3.99/ea. Tried to talk us out of $40 cab for their "town car" for $60. Nice job Trip Advisor. You are so bought and sold. Never trust you again. Hope you don't ever go public...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
After reviewing your comments regarding our Inn and California Adventure I am sorry that neither of us delivered to your expectations. I professionally feel that TripAdvisor is fair and allows guests to make accusations and claims based on their perception and/or opinion and only ask that we be given the opportunity to rectify issues in advance. Thank you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife, parents and I just completed a very nice, one-week stay at Candy Cane inn. My wife and I had stayed there about ten years ago and really enjoyed it. Therefore, we highly recommended it to my parents for this Disney trip. They balked somewhat at the price, but I assured them it was a better value than the other motels in the area which only seem to be less expensive. Once they checked into their standard room, they agreed.

It's the many very nice, little things that make the Candy Cane Inn a great place to stay. The grounds are attractive and well maintained. The rooms are always kept up to date and squeaky clean. The mattresses and bedding are of very high quality. The staff are friendly and always helpful. The free breakfast is very good by Disneyland resort area standards. The free shuttle is a small bus (not a van) that runs every half-hour and can almost always accomodate everyone waiting. (Not so with other hotel shuttles, as you will observe at the park transportation hub.) If you want to walk to the parks, it's an easy, seven minute jaunt which does not require crossing any major intersections.

Most importantly, consider that Candy Cane Inn does not charge for parking or Wi-Fi and has no "Resort Fees". At other, seemingly less expensive, motels in the area, by the time you pay to park, pay the resort fees and pay for breakfast, you're really not saving any money and the rooms likely aren't as nice. And many other area motels do not have a shuttle. These all combine to make Candy Cane Inn the best value near Disneyland.

The standard and deluxe rooms have a separate sink and dressing area from the shower and toilet. This can be extremely helpful when a family is trying to get ready in the morning. We had a king bed/accessable room where the bath was pretty roomy. The TVs are nice flat panels with low-definition cable. My room had a small refrigerator and in-room safe. Attractive plantation shutters cover the windows. The air conditioner was an under-the-window unit that worked well.

The pool is not large, but it's adequate and heated. Our only disappointment during our stay was the hot tub was almost always mobbed. (This is a problem at almost every place we stay.) So, if you want to enjoy the hot tub, be sure to get there early, long before the parks close. Everyone wants to soak in the hot tub after a long day at the parks.

I recommend a similar strategy for the free breakfast. Get there early and you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast seated by the pool. Wait until after 8:15 and it will be accessible, but pretty crowded with no place to sit.

Room Tip: The king bed rooms offer a little more room in the bath as well as a small refrigerator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and bringing up these VERY important costs and amenities to consider when comparing our Inn to other properties in the area. We certainly appreciate your business and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a nice place! I chose this place based on reviews and I didn't make a mistake. It's close enough to Disneyland to walk but they provide a great shuttle service twice an hour. The deluxe room was very clean and very nice, 2 queens, LCD TV which I was able to hook my Apple TV to and utilize the free wifi for movie watching and plenty of room for 2adults and 2 teenagers. The hot tub was very nice to relax in after a long day at the park and the pool area was very nice, clean with towels available. The am continental breakfast was very nice with fresh fruit, cereals, oatmeal and a nice supply of bagels and cream cheese. Of course there was coffee, hot choc and juices. My only suggestion would be to add a protein source, like hard boiled eggs. The staff was very accommodating with a granted late check out and the ability to leave my car parked for the day. If I come back, I will choose to stay here!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and we thank you for your in-depth review of our property and services. We do appreciate your comments and will take your suggestion into consideration for future enhancements. Kind regards!
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for quite a long stay over Thanksgiving, and we were overall very pleased. Staff was always friendly and helpful. The rooms are warmly decorated and are kept very clean. Things are fairly quiet at night (once the fireworks are over). The beds are quite comfortable. We liked the decor of the hotel with the vines and flowers, and the relaxing pool area. The parking and continental breakfast are free. The breakfast had good variety so we could have a little something different each day, and it was good quality food. The hotel is right next to Disneyland (in fact, Radiator Springs / CARS Land backs up to the parking lot), so it's an easy walk or you can take the free shuttle. We stayed long enough that we had to do laundry, and there are on-site coin-operated machines. The rooms are pretty small, but we can't imagine that we could have gotten anything bigger, or closer to the park, or as clean for the price we got. The Candy Cane Inn is a good value and a pleasant stay. We would stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The property was clean and well kept up. The staff were all friendly, especially at the front desk. The shuttle drivers to Disneyland and Downtown Disney gave us several excellent tips. I primarily attended a convention, and from my room to the convention center is easy walking at six typical city blocks. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments and feedback to fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Yes, we are about even distance to the Anaheim Convention Center and the Theme Parks. I am delighted that you enjoyed our shuttle drivers as they are a fine group and I certainly appreciate all that they do for our Inn and guests. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!