“The Best Value Near Disneyland Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The Best Value Near Disneyland Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife, parents and I just completed a very nice, one-week stay at Candy Cane inn. My wife and I had stayed there about ten years ago and really enjoyed it. Therefore, we highly recommended it to my parents for this Disney trip. They balked somewhat at the price, but I assured them it was a better value than the other motels in the area which only seem to be less expensive. Once they checked into their standard room, they agreed.

It's the many very nice, little things that make the Candy Cane Inn a great place to stay. The grounds are attractive and well maintained. The rooms are always kept up to date and squeaky clean. The mattresses and bedding are of very high quality. The staff are friendly and always helpful. The free breakfast is very good by Disneyland resort area standards. The free shuttle is a small bus (not a van) that runs every half-hour and can almost always accomodate everyone waiting. (Not so with other hotel shuttles, as you will observe at the park transportation hub.) If you want to walk to the parks, it's an easy, seven minute jaunt which does not require crossing any major intersections.

Most importantly, consider that Candy Cane Inn does not charge for parking or Wi-Fi and has no "Resort Fees". At other, seemingly less expensive, motels in the area, by the time you pay to park, pay the resort fees and pay for breakfast, you're really not saving any money and the rooms likely aren't as nice. And many other area motels do not have a shuttle. These all combine to make Candy Cane Inn the best value near Disneyland.

The standard and deluxe rooms have a separate sink and dressing area from the shower and toilet. This can be extremely helpful when a family is trying to get ready in the morning. We had a king bed/accessable room where the bath was pretty roomy. The TVs are nice flat panels with low-definition cable. My room had a small refrigerator and in-room safe. Attractive plantation shutters cover the windows. The air conditioner was an under-the-window unit that worked well.

The pool is not large, but it's adequate and heated. Our only disappointment during our stay was the hot tub was almost always mobbed. (This is a problem at almost every place we stay.) So, if you want to enjoy the hot tub, be sure to get there early, long before the parks close. Everyone wants to soak in the hot tub after a long day at the parks.

I recommend a similar strategy for the free breakfast. Get there early and you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast seated by the pool. Wait until after 8:15 and it will be accessible, but pretty crowded with no place to sit.

Room Tip: The king bed rooms offer a little more room in the bath as well as a small refrigerator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and bringing up these VERY important costs and amenities to consider when comparing our Inn to other properties in the area. We certainly appreciate your business and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a nice place! I chose this place based on reviews and I didn't make a mistake. It's close enough to Disneyland to walk but they provide a great shuttle service twice an hour. The deluxe room was very clean and very nice, 2 queens, LCD TV which I was able to hook my Apple TV to and utilize the free wifi for movie watching and plenty of room for 2adults and 2 teenagers. The hot tub was very nice to relax in after a long day at the park and the pool area was very nice, clean with towels available. The am continental breakfast was very nice with fresh fruit, cereals, oatmeal and a nice supply of bagels and cream cheese. Of course there was coffee, hot choc and juices. My only suggestion would be to add a protein source, like hard boiled eggs. The staff was very accommodating with a granted late check out and the ability to leave my car parked for the day. If I come back, I will choose to stay here!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and we thank you for your in-depth review of our property and services. We do appreciate your comments and will take your suggestion into consideration for future enhancements. Kind regards!
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for quite a long stay over Thanksgiving, and we were overall very pleased. Staff was always friendly and helpful. The rooms are warmly decorated and are kept very clean. Things are fairly quiet at night (once the fireworks are over). The beds are quite comfortable. We liked the decor of the hotel with the vines and flowers, and the relaxing pool area. The parking and continental breakfast are free. The breakfast had good variety so we could have a little something different each day, and it was good quality food. The hotel is right next to Disneyland (in fact, Radiator Springs / CARS Land backs up to the parking lot), so it's an easy walk or you can take the free shuttle. We stayed long enough that we had to do laundry, and there are on-site coin-operated machines. The rooms are pretty small, but we can't imagine that we could have gotten anything bigger, or closer to the park, or as clean for the price we got. The Candy Cane Inn is a good value and a pleasant stay. We would stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The property was clean and well kept up. The staff were all friendly, especially at the front desk. The shuttle drivers to Disneyland and Downtown Disney gave us several excellent tips. I primarily attended a convention, and from my room to the convention center is easy walking at six typical city blocks. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments and feedback to fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Yes, we are about even distance to the Anaheim Convention Center and the Theme Parks. I am delighted that you enjoyed our shuttle drivers as they are a fine group and I certainly appreciate all that they do for our Inn and guests. Kind regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from a one night stay in a Premium room. Overall, the value can't be beat and all of the extra amenities make this a top pick for us.

Here are my impressions:

Location - they are not the closest motel in the area, but it is just about a half block farther than the ones right at the main gate. We traveled with our 6 year old and our 2 year old and we were just fine with the 7 minute walk to the entrance. The location is still fantastic.

Room: we got the upgraded Premium room and honestly, what a great value. The over sized room was really spacious for our family of four. We got a "welcome" movie popcorn bucket stuffed with granola bars, home made cookies that were so delicious, candy canes, and of course, microwaveable popcorn. What a nice touch.

With the Premium room, we also had access to their extensive VHS and DVD collection. At the end of the day, the kids loved watching our selection - Dumbo. What a touching movie! I forgot how good these Disney classics were.

They also provided us with spa like shampoo, conditioner, etc. it makes it just a little nicer and we liked the products.

The room (and bathroom) was spotlessly clean. The carpets look a little worn and could probably use a steam clean, but for the amount if traffic that this place gets, kudos to their housekeeping staff. Great job.

II have to add that the bed was amazing.
It was so comfortable and cozy. They have invested in these beds, I'm sure.

Breakfast: they serve a continental breakfast which does not come with eggs, waffles, etc, like you get at other places, but it was still great to have access to yogurt, fruit, coffee, etc.

Since we had the Premium room,we also got to make our breakfast selections the night before. We marked our choices and left it on the outside door knob as instructed. We think some little pranksters took our form because our breakfast didn't arrive on time the next morning. We called the front desk and they sent someone over right away. They took our order and hurried off.

We got our breakfast basket 15-20 minutes later and it was lovely. They filled it with a carafe of hot coffee, a carafe of OJ, and another with milk. We requested yogurt and cereal and it arrived perfectly, and was delivered with a smile.

We took advantage of the free Candy Cane Inn Shuttle on the way back from Disneyland and felt so grateful for the ride.

We did not use the swimming pool but the area looked really nice. The kids all seemed to be having a marvelous time.

I also loved the free wi-fi, free parking, and AAA discount. Nice.

Overall, this is our top choice for Disneyland trips. The location, amenties, great staff, and family friendly prices make this a place worth re-visiting. thank you!

• Stayed November 2012
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your in-depth review and kind comments. Yes, many folks who stay in one of our Premium Rooms return and ask for them again as the amenities and services provided are of value to most. Please feel free to contact me when returning in the future as it would by my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

There were two adults and three kids (aged 13, 10 and 8) in our room and the two queen sized beds made it comfortable enough. The laundry room was also a great convenience for us. It's also very close to nice shops on Katella ave and you can use the free shuttle to downtown disney as well.

Only con was that the WiFi didn't work in our room right at the end of the property so I usually had to walk up to the middle or up to the front to use it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and I am sincerely sorry that the WiFi signal in your room was weak. I am delighted and very excited to inform you that our entire system is being replaced and upgraded starting the 10th of December. We are more than tripling our access points and will have 24/7 technical support provided for our guests. Kind regards!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We (2 adults / 2 children) stayed here for one night in November. Nice, clean property. VERY close to D-land (about a 7 minute walk or you can take their shuttle which leaves every 1/2 hour). Although we didn't use it, there were plenty of kids in the pool in the evening. The free continental breakfast was nice and I liked that they didn't charge for parking. I'd definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was that the parking is VERY tight and the lot was near capacity the whole time we were there. Sometime after we checked in, someone hit my car. Not the hotel's fault but the next time we stay here I'm not parking in the marked stalls (if I can help it) but along the curb next to the office.

Room Tip: We had a room that was near the street (Harbor Blvd, I believe) and we didn't have a problem w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback, it is most appreciated. We do pride ourselves for our many Complimentary Items, such as; Expanded Continental Breakfast, Exclusive Shuttle to the theme parks, Parking, WiFi and NO hidden “Resort” or “Convenience” fees! Kind Regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!