“Candy Cane Inn - Very Close to Disneyland and Nice Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Save Saved
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Calgary, Canada
“Candy Cane Inn - Very Close to Disneyland and Nice Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I booked a room on line using the Candy Cane Inn website. We upgraded to a Premium room and it was definitely well worth it! We had nice continental breakfast every day, turn down service and microwave oven. For the continental breakfast, we simply filled out a form each evening with our preferences and the delivery time. We left the form on the doorknob and each morning we received our nice breakfast during the requested timeframe. The room spacious, was very clean and was made up nicely each day! Staff was friendly and accommodating. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and was cleaned very well each day. The Candy Cane Inn is very close to Disneyland and California Adventure - no more than a 5-10 minute walk. I'd say it's one of the closest accommodations to the 2 amusement parks. The grounds are also well-kept.
We've also stayed 3 times at the Disney Grand Californian Hotel and I would say that the Candy Cane Inn is equally as clean, spacious and service-oriented. Just doesn't have cast Disney members or the glitz of Disney.
We would definitely stay at the Candy Cane Inn again!!

Room Tip: Premium rooms have nice extra amenities (delivery of continental breakfast to room, turn down servic...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank your allowing us the opportunity during your recent visit to the theme parks! We do appreciate your business and comments regarding our property. Yes, many folks enjoy the added amenities and services provided with our Premium Rooms. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Haydock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights. Lovely hotel very safe, clean and closely located to Disneyland we really enjoyed our stay :) nice continental breakfast very enjoyable. Will go back one day and this hotel will be at the top of our list.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Kind Regards!
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Once again Candy Cane Inn was great. They were full this past weekend but still were able to accomadate my room requests with ease. Great front desk members who were knowledgeable about what they were doing. Prices increased $10 over previous prices per room size over the past month, but considering the free continental breakfast prior to going to the parks, still worth nightly charge. Beds and pillows to me were very comfortable as i like them to be on the softer side. Rooms were very clean. Motel is located in a great location only a couple of hundred yards away from Disney Main entry gate, and they have a shuttle as well. Continental breakfast serves pastries, breads, yogurts, cerial and fruit. They also serve juices, coffee, milk, hot chocolate and have various teas in the morning. This was our 6th visit with them and we do not even hesitate making our reservations with Candy Cane Inn as we are comfortable about the fact we will always leave there happy.

Room Tip: Rooms to stay away from are the rooms over the main hotel laundry...and the rooms in the very back c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and being a loyal and repeat Candy Cane Inn guest, we DO appreciate your business and comments. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Indio, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is a dissappointment. Foul urine smelling room. Nice but illconcerned staff. Dont stay there are better choices. Ran out of food for breakfast . The room smelled so badly of urine that the whole night of sleep was ruined. Additionally the hotel was noisy

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
The Candy Cane Inn has a wonderful and an extremely strong and longstanding reputation for our cleanliness and service provided as you can see by the positive reviews and repeat guests and families in our over 55 years of business. This being said I do thank you for staying with us and I am sincerely apologetic that the first night of your stay was not to your liking and we appreciate your feedback. Kind regards.
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We arrived on 10/31 around 7am and were able to get our room right away, which we were very thankful for. We only took the shuttle once because the walk was so short, but the shuttle was on time when we did take it & we were able to take our folded up double stroller with no problem. There is a convenience store right next door and Subway & Chinese across the street. IHOP is less than a 5 min walk away. The pool was nice and had lots of towels. Customer service was excellent both over the phone and in person. We got the standard 2 qn room and the only downside was that the bathroom door actually hits the foot of one of the beds because it's small. But, if you are at Disney, you probably don't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. Towels could have been softer, but that's just me nitpicking. And, when they say breakfast is over at 9am, they mean it! Parking was a little tight for our full sized Nissan Titan, but we were there in the off season, so there were plenty of spaces. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the theme parks. I am delighted that you were able to check in early as this does adds to the convenience and we certainly do what we can to extend this upon availability. I will certainly cover your comments regarding breakfast service as we do ask the ladies not rush guests at 9am. Kind regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We've been to Disney four times. This was the first time staying at the Candy Cane. In my experience there is typically a trade off when staying in a hotel/inn near the park - you get a great location but lose out on service, comfort, cleanliness etc. After staying at the Candy Cane I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's an absolutely lovely little inn, friendly staff, beautiful grounds, clean comfy rooms, affordable and minutes from the park - with complimentary shuttle if you prefer. The complimentary continental breakfast is substantial and adds even more value to the stay. My only critique would be the lack of multigrain options. I was a little concerned about noise as our room was located at the front of the property nearer to the street but we never heard a thing and slept great. The bedding etc was as comfortable as any Fairmont hotel I've stayed at. Can't say enough good things. Will definitely stay there again

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers, we DO appreciate you taking time to write your review. Our team does a wonderful job in providing comfort and service to our guests and we do thank you for commenting. Yes, we receive many positive comments on our Serta Double Pillow Top Presidential Suite Mattresses as they are very comfortable. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family and I stayed at this property during our trip to Disney in July. We arrived during a busy check in time and were greeted by an apethetic front desk clerk. When I made the reservation earlier in the year, I gave my credit card and expiration date. In the time between reservation and arrival my card expired and I was sent a new card with a new date. I informed the clerk of the new date. As I was trying to check in the clerk kept saying rather loudly "your card is declined". I asked if I could use the phone to call the credit card company and I was told I could not use the phone. After I went to get my cell out of the car and called the credit card company, I was told that the reason that my card was declined was that the clerk was not entering the new expiration date. After several tries, including the clerk talking to the credit card company and him repeatedly telling everyone that my card was declined, the credit card company was finally able to get the matter straightened out and I checked into my room. Upon entering my room and finding an empty water bottle from the previous guest in the middle of my floor, my phone rang and it was the customer service person from my credit card. He called to apologize again for the situation, but this time he took the time to explain that the clerk was not listening to what they were telling him and that was what took so long. He explained that had the clerk followed his directions I could have been in my room in about 10 minutes rather than the 40 minutes that it took to check in. At no time did the clerk attempt to ask anyone for help or call a manager. Instead he chose to stand there like he would rather be somewhere else and continue to tell me that my card was declined. We will not be back to the Candy Cane.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am sincerely sorry that your experience in July was not a pleasant one and I have attempted to reach you through TripAdvisor email with no response. I can say that this is NOT our policy as we choose words very carefully when credit cards do not go through as it can be for many reasons. One thing that I can say is that we have severed ties with a couple gentlemen at our front desk that were not the best fit for the level of customer service that the Candy Cane Inn has built its reputation on. Thank you again and I personally apologize for this uncomfortable incident. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!