“Better than most Disneyland hotels.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Phoenix, Arizona
“Better than most Disneyland hotels.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here for the first time, not one of our regular Disneyland Hotels because some friends where staying there. It is a favorite with Socal people. Beautiful grounds and very quite, Beds very nice. The shuttle is great leaves the hotel every half hour the park every quarter hour, runs very late. There is a continental breakfast that is typical and fin you sit out by the pool and enjoy. Right next door is a convince store and across the street a strip center with about 5 restaurants including a 24hr Subway. The rooms are small, but also typical of these older properties. The quality of cliental seemed a notch above the other area discount hotels. Felt safe and secure. This is a good choice for people on a budget or who must have a shuttle service to the park.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the theme parks. We do appreciate your comments and thank your friends for recommending our Inn to you. Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as I would be delighted to assist you with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

When I open the door for my Sister and Niece, the first words are..."how nice!, soft beds...big bathroom." and they live in Ca. We used to...but were visiting from our home of 6 years...Kentucky.... Clean, Cozy...coffee in the lobby and the room. Continental brkfst...very nice choices. You can even have them deliver choices to your room, for a small difference in room price. We had annual passes when living in Ca. This was and will always be our favorite hotel in the Anaheim area. We feel truly...at home. Southern shutters on windows and can sit anywhere without thinking....what is on this? Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for staying with us and sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We do appreciate your being a loyal repeat guest and please feel free to call on me personally whenever you are visiting as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!
Cali
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My daughter and I made a quick trip to the park, spending one nite at the Candy Cane Inn on Feb.6th. This wasn't our first stay with them, and we were very pleased with those stays. After an easy check-in, we headed to the room for a brief rest. I was very dissapointed to find that the toilet wouldn't flush correctly, but with their great customer service I wasn't worried. We stopped at the front desk on our way to the park, and was promised it would be corrected by the time we returned. When we did get back, it still was not working properly. I called the desk, and they sent 2 servicemen to the room. They told me (in VERY broken english) "it works". I told them "no it doesn't!" They went and got a snaking device, spent about 20 mins. and left. Still didn't work. At that point, we just wanted to go to bed. When I checked out the next day, I spoke to the desk about it not being fixed. Their solution? $10 off my next stay. I hate to even write this because it IS a wonderful place to stay while visiting Disneyland, that's why I was so disappointed. Love the shuttle, breakfast and the beautiful grounds. A working bathroom is VERY important and I feel like they really dropped the ball on this one.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for staying with us and I appreciate your conversation when we spoke regarding this visit. We do take guest comments very serious and listen trying to identify and make necessary adjustments in our operation to eliminate in the future. I do look forward in seeing you upon your next visit and again apologize for your inconvenience. Kind regards!
Camp Pendleton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed Feb 10-13 and had a family of 5. We upgraded to the "deluxe" room and it was very roomy and enough space to hold our family, as well as a pack in play. The breakfast delivered to our room was wonderful and everything we ordered was correct. The shuttle was nice and the drivers were very helpful and sweet. We had to load a stroller into the shuttle and the drivers were always quick to help me load it in and very nice. The room was very clean and it looked like the carpets were shampooed before we arrived which is wonderful. The beds were turned down every night for us and room cleaned daily. Very nice to come back to after a long day at Disneyland.

This was our first stay here and when we return to Disneyland we will be staying here and no where else. Also very nice staff could not ask for a better place to stay and very close to Disneyland. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the very back, very quiet and short walk to the front where shuttle picks up!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Yes, our shuttle drivers are certainly helpful and always available to assist with guests and strollers. Again, thank you for your business and we look forward in seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the happiest place on earth!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have been staying at Candy Cane for years and never had a problem. The rooms are clean and the staff is always friendly. I love the short walk to Disney and the free tram that is available when our feet are sore from the long day. The free breakfast, parking and internet makes this place the BEST to stay at. Great prices and no fees. The only problem I have with this hotel is I wish they would purchase new linens for the beds as you can tell the sheets are old. A few renovations here and there would make this place superb!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being a repeat and loyal return guest, we DO appreciate your business as this is what our hotel has built its reputation on. We do listen to our guest feedback and I have shared your comments with our housekeeping manager and linen supply company as we do purchase quality linens. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Candy Cane Inn is a fantastic location from which to visit the Disneyland Resort. I timed it and I could walk from my hotel room and be inside Disneyland in 10 minutes. Just as convenient is Candy Cane Inn's dedicated shuttle that is included in the price of the hotel room.

There was a lot of confusion among the staff about when Candy Cane's shuttle service begins each day. When I called I was told one thing. When my friend called he was told something different. When I called back I received a third response. And, when I checked in, I was told something else again. So here's the real scoop: The first shuttle leaves the Candy Cane Inn 30 minutes prior to the opening of Disneyland. The shuttle leaves for the Disneyland Resort every 30 minutes at :00 and :30 and returns to the hotel every :15 and :30. The last shuttle leaves the Disneyland Resort 45 minutes after Disneyland closes.

The room was clean and comfortable and more than met my needs for the weekend. My room was on the 1st level and right on the street so there was a bit of noise but not enough to bother me. The 7am breakfast was continental (oatmeal, fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, muffins) and was just fine to start my day.

Right next door to the hotel is an ABC Market, a little grocery store. And right next door to it is a 7-11. Directly across the street is a strip mall with a Chinese restaurant, smoothie place, a Subway, and a pizza place. There are plenty of other restaurants within a 10 minute walk. The Anaheim Gardenwalk shopping mall is also just a 10 minute walk away.

Overall, I was satisfied with the Candy Cane Inn and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Request a room not located right on the street.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments regarding your visit. I am sincerely sorry that there seemed to be confusion regarding our shuttle schedule and your “real scoop” is precisely correct and to be honest, very simple. We do aspire to provide exceptional service and a quality product at reasonable rates for family travelers.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

This little hotel was so wonderful!!! We visited Anaheim on Sat. Feb. 11, 2012 and had a great experience here. I had looked into staying on Disney property as we always do when we visit WDW (Florida). I am so GLAD we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn!! Location-next door to Disneyland!!!! We walked to the parks!!!!! There was a free shuttle to use, with a wonderful and personable driver which we used one time. Front desk staff was very pleasant. The evening of the 11th, we spent some time in the lobby talking to the clerk...a very pleasant, informative young man. Breakfast was wonderful...so many choices of pastries, coffee, juices, milk, breads, bagels, cereal, yogurt and fruit!! and it was FREE!! Seating indoors and by the pool. This property was so clean and well-loved by the owners. I highly recommend the Candy Cane Inn if you want a comfortable, clean, close location to DLR. (could see fireworks from our balcony, free parking while staying here, very reasonable rates) I would love to go back and if and when I get to visit Disney again, I WILL make this inn my choice!!!!!!

Room Tip: smaller property than most in the area, so any room choice should be great....we were in the front l...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow travelers. I am delighted that you enjoyed our property and had such nice comments regarding all areas you encountered. Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!