“Wonderful Place for Families to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
You added Candy Cane Inn to your Saves list
1747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #3 of 113 Hotels in Anaheim
Edmonton
“Wonderful Place for Families to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

This is the second time our family stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, once in May 2010 and May 2011. The front desk to the maintenance staff are wonderful to deal with and I have nothing but praise for the work that they do to make you feel welcome! The continental breakfast is exceptional and it keeps you going until noon. It is an easy 10 minute walk to Disneyland and to the local restaurants in the area. I recommend this place to anyone interested in visiting Disneyland!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
We at the Candy Cane Inn thank you for your personal recommendation! It really means a lot to us that you enjoyed your stay and the fact that you keep coming back! It is our loyal guests that have kept us in business for 54 years and will help to ensure we will be here for at least another 54 years! We can’t wait to have you back for your trip in May 2012! Be sure to reach out to me if you are ever in need of assistance with your reservations! Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

My mom and I stayed at CCI for two nights and we're super impressed by the hotel. It didn't take long to check-in and check-out. The staffs (front desk) are very polite and helpful. The breakfast was also great. There's many things to choose from and they're all good! The location is perfect. It's close enough to Disneyland to walk, but if you don't want to, their free shuttle bus which leaves every half an hour is also great. It's new, clean, and on time. We got a room on the second floor and we had nothing to complain about it. It's clean, big, nice, and the bathroom is very good too. Oh and we also bought Disney park hopper tickets from the front desk too! convenience and time saver! In conclusion, we're coming back to Candy Cane for sure the next time we come to Anaheim. I highly recommend it. It's not too pricey, the room's great, there's good complimentary breakfast and shuttle to Disney. Well, what's not to like!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am happy to read that you were impressed by our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with clean and comfortable accommodations with many features and amenities to ensure they enjoy their stay. I hope that the next time your travels bring you back to the Anaheim area, that you give me a call and it would be my pleasure to assist you in booking your next trip to the Candy Cane Inn.
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I've been staying at the candy Cane since the 60's. I was wooed away by Hilton points and lived to regret it. Having extensive customer service training for 15 years I an very critical in this area. Your staff have always exceeded my expectations with outstanding customer service, the wonderful breakfast you offer to kickstart my day and your friendly housekeeping staff who never fail to have my room fresh and clean and restocked. Kudo's to all of you for your continued over the top customer service!

L. Billings

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
As General Manager of the Candy Cane Inn, I take pride in my staff and their commitment to provide “over the top” guest service. Thank you for sharing your feedback with our TripAdvisor readers. I will definitely share your comments with my team! Until we see you again, thank you for staying with us at the Candy Cane Inn!
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

First off, let me preference this review by saying that this is my second review. This time, my mom and I booked a premium room and had an infant in tow. We decided to give this hotel a second look due to a.) its location b.)our prior experience with the staff and c.) the shuttle bus.
Pros:
-Again, we had an excellent experience with the shuttle bus drivers, Fred especially. He was always prompt, courteous and helpful. From helping me lift my daughter's stroller in and out of the bus, to keeping my mom company, as she vomited, due to food poisoning (while I held the baby), this guy needs a triple raise!
-The check in and check out personnel was friendly and prompt.
-In addition, Jeff was nice to let us stay an hour over, due to my mom's sickness, without a penalty. This helped a lot. Thanx.
-I also will say that (to me) the premium room is about the size of a regular hotel room. Due to the AAA discount I got, the price was ok for the room size we got.
I wanted to rate this hotel at least four stars, this time around. But felt unable to.. keep reading.
After checkin:
We arrive to our hotel room to find that we have dirty sheets. Both beds had dingy linen with red spots on them. (I'm not sure if it was blood or fingernail polish.. but still). This wasn't so bad, as I called down to the front desk and asked for the beds to be changed. Right away someone was sent up with fresh linens. What left a bad taste in my mouth was the hostile attitude that the staff had, while changing the beds.. Angrily ripping off linens, while scowling. I made a couple of comments in his direction, which he ignored. My mom and I felt very uncomfortable. When I called down to the front desk to mention this, I was told "We're sorry.. But at least you got clean linen".. Huh?
Second morning:
We received our breakfast, minus the oatmeal that I had ordered. True, we originally thought that they had sent the wrong bagel as well. But upon inspection of the breakfast card, it was found that we had checked the wrong box. Our bad. The hotel staff still sent an extra bagel. But again, attitude is everything. After calling down to report the missing oatmeal packet and hot water, I was told that their staff said that they (the staff) had put oatmeal in the basket. I got the distinct feeling that I was being accused of a.) lying and b.) stealing their hot water pot. The front desk made it a point of calling me back to let me know that although their staff had already given me hot water and oatmeal, they'll send me another. And to scold me on marking the wrong box for the bagel. Really???? To make maters worse, the water was not hot, but room temperature. As a matter of fact, both the second and third mornings we were there, the oatmeal water was room temperature.
To sum it all up, I felt as though the attitude of the staff (in general) has gone down, since the last time we visited, almost two years ago. This left a bad taste in my mouth. One of this hotel's greatest assets before was its staff . We had a very pleasant experience before. But this time, it was hit and miss. Sometimes staff interactions were positive (i.e. bus driver, manager, front desk at check in and check out). And sometimes negative (room staff, breakfast staff).
It might be time to check out some of the other properties across the street from Disneyland.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
After reading your comments, I must admit that I was disappointed to read that you experienced challenges during your stay. I do agree with your comment of “attitude is everything.” I have spoken to my Management Team and we will be using your feedback as a coaching opportunity to ensure incidents like this do not happen again. I am very pleased that specific members of my staff were very helpful to you and your family. I want to assure you that we are taking your comments seriously. I hope that you would reconsider and give us another opportunity to share with you an experience more typical of the Candy Cane Inn. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns. Best regards!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We're happy we gave the Candy Cane Inn a second chance. This second time around was excellent. We were on the second floor in a premium room. When we arrived we were greeted with a welcome gift of cookies, popcorn, two free movies, and other goodies. Each morning we had the option of having our breakfast delivered to our room and we took advantage of that service. At the requested time one of the staff was at our door with what we had ordered the night before. The free shuttle was right on time whether leaving the inn or picking us up at Disneyland. And, we can't forget to mention the free parking for the entire trip. We will be back and recommend the upgrade to the premium room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
We definitely agree with you and believe that our Premium rooms are a great value. Aside from the amenities that you had mention, our Premium rooms are the largest accommodations at the Candy Cane Inn. They also feature: microwaves, flat screen TV’s, nightly turndown service, as well as a late checkout for 2pm. If you are ever back in the Anaheim area, please be sure to give me a call. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your future reservations! Best regards!
South Ockendon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in mid-April. When we checked in we had been allocated a room on the upper level but as there is no lift and we are in our 60s we asked reception for a ground floor room and the guy on the desk made numerous phone calls and got his supervisor to also check and they eventually shifted some things round so we did get a room on the ground floor - very good indeed.

The location is fantastic, it must be the nearest hotel to Disney. That said, the shuttle bus which ran on the hour and half hour to Disney and on the quarter past and quarter to the hour on the return journey were always on time and the drivers were chatty and courteous. There was a driver of Vietnamese origin and he was especially chatty (especially when we told him that we had visited Vietnam).

The rooms are a spacious and clean, if a little dismal.

I have read the previous review which bangs on about the breakfast but from our perspective it was basic and so we just grabbed a coffee and piece of toast (this though had to be put through 3 times before it got brown) (bananas were good though).

About 3 or 4 minutes walk there was a good selection of upmarket restaurants at the front of a small shopping mall - the Cheesecake Co was absolutely fabulous and we would highly recommend it for your evening meal.

All in all a really good choice and, to be honest, I don't think you could get much better value in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to read that we were able to accommodate your request for a ground floor room, as my staff does try their best to accommodate all our guest’s requests. Also, thank you for your kind words about our Drivers. They truly are the Ambassadors of our hotel. But I am sorry to read that you had a challenge with our toaster during breakfast. In the future, please feel free to ask any of our Breakfast Attendants for assistance and we will be more than happy to adjust the toaster to toast your bread to your satisfaction. After all, it is our goal to ensure you enjoy your stay! I hope that you will be back again soon. Until then, best regards!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

The Candy Cane Inn was great for our trip to Disneyland. The best part was the breakfast. So much stuff to choose from, lots of juice, coffee, teas, fruit, yogourt, cereal, breads, bagels, cream cheese, jams ect. This was a great way to start off a long day of walking at Disneyland. The hotel is about a block from the main Disneyland entrance, but on the same side of the street, so no worrying about crossing the busy street with little kids. Staff was friendly, a small convenience store right next door, pool was great, rooms were really clean. The only thing I would criticize would be that the rooms are dated. However, for the short amount of time that you spend in the room, it was fine. The beds were soft, which I love, the tv was new, also a plus, and the rooms were clean, so no complaints. Also, it was quiet. We were near the back of the complex and experienced no street noise.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and our TripAdvisor readers! We are always looking for ways to improve what we do at the Candy Cane Inn and that is why your comments are so important to us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our expanded continental breakfast. We try to ensure that we provide a variety of fresh and quality items for our guests to start their day off right. In regards to your comments about our rooms, we are constantly making improvements to our rooms and I will be sure to discuss this with my Management Team. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Been to Candy Cane Inn? Share your experiences!