“Close to Disneyland and very great service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Tulare, California
“Close to Disneyland and very great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have to say I've stayed at the Anabella twice now in the past 5 years. The 1st trip was before our daughter was born. We stayed in the Casita Suite and they were in the middle of upgrades at that time. What a difference from then to now. We stayed this time with our now 4 year old daughter in the Casita Suite as well. It was nicely upgraded from the first visit. Very comfortable beds and comforters. I loved that my daughter had her own little room off to the side of us with a day bed and her own flat screen tv hung on the wall. The bathroom and counter space was nice for all our things. The room is a little small, but perfect size for a family of 3 or 4. I had a few things I didn't like though, there was mold on a shelf where a phone sat in my daughters room. You could tell they cleaned it with bleach and painted over it, but it was starting to resurface again. They put two bottles of water on the desk and little tag over it saying $3.00 per bottle, which I thought was ridiculous since it was just your standard Arrowhead bottled water. My daughter opened one before we realized it was gonna cost us $3.00 bucks. Those are really the only negative comments though. We had extremely noisy upstairs neighbors one night we were there. It was like they were jumping around and falling. We stayed during the cheer nationals so I figured it was cheerleaders practicing, but at 1:30 in the morning?? So we called the front desk to ask them to quiet down since my daughters sleep was being disturbed from the loud bangs. The security came to our room and told us someone complained on us?! LOL! So my husband said "no, it was us who called to ask that you ask the upstairs room to please be quiet and not bang on the floor!" So he did and it was quiet from then on. They did charge us $100.00 over our room price because we used a debit card which was a pain, but not a big problem. They were really nice when I asked them about it. All the staff is really nice and helpful. I enjoy this hotel and will stay again. With every hotel you have issues, but this hotel seems to be smooth sailing for the most part! It is extremely close to Disneyland, about a 15 minute walk. Easy for adults and teenagers, but kinda long for a young child so make sure you bring a stroller or ride the express bus, which will cost anywhere from $2 to $5 bucks.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Daysland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed at the Annabella Anaheim at the end of January and found it to be a very nice hotel it was quiet. The staff there are very helpful and accomadating we found the restaraunt very nice and when you ordered you got your food quickly and hot. We never tried the pool because the weather wasn't warm enough. It was a long walk to Disneyland but the Disney shuttle stops at Tiffys next door and takes you right to the gates at disneyland. We stayed in one of the rooms with laminate flooring and it was very clean and I was worried about bed bugs because of some reviews I had read but we never had a problem the only thing was the shower wasn't very good it really didn't have much pressure. The beds were very comfortable our room was L shaped with a king size, double and a hide a bed our teenagers found the hotel very nice. We would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

I stayed in the suite and it was lovely. I enjoyed the fact that the room was surrounded by larges bushes. The daybed room was fantastic for my small child and it had it's own personal tv which was nice. The restroom was lovely and everything was clean. The staff were all friendly. Room service was open till 10pm which was fantastic and I enjoyed that they had a kid's menu. It's a good hotel, and has a fantasitc location right across the street from California Adventures.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Olympia, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed 5 days here to celebrate his 50th birthday. The room rates were great and you could walk to both Disney Parks and downtown Disney (no waiting for a shuttle necessary). We cut through the Grand California hotel to enter Downtown Disney, where you could ride the free monorail to "Tomorrowland" inside of Disneyland. So, the location is excellent! Look no further for a place to eat. We don't enjoy fast food, fried food or "cart food" in the park. The Tangerine Restaurant in the Antebella hotel is excellent! Modest prices - great happy hour snacks - we saw many families with small children take advantage of the happy hour selections. There is an adult only pool as well as an all ages pool. The jacuzzi is located by the family pool which we enjoyed each evening. Great way to hear about others travel experiences while here. AJ - our server for many evenings - was so attentive, personable and provided service which exceeded our expectations. In fact, the entire staff did. Breakfasts were awesome - the restaurant opens at 6:30 a.m. so you can have great fresh food and still enter the parks when they open. Many other reviews I read prior to travel mentioned that you could hear your neighbors too well. We found this to be true, but really - Disneyland wears you out young and old - so any neighbor noise was short-lived. We would not hesitate to come back on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

My family's stay at The Anabella was very nice. The rooms are spacious, clean and well laid out. However, the bathroom could really use an upgrade. The water pressure in the shower was horrible and the fixtures were old and needed repair. The toilet handle leaked and the sink faucet was rusting and loose. Our room also did not have a Do Not Disturb sign so in the morning housekeeping woke us up when we were trying to sleep in from a late night at Disneyland. Another thing that would be nice is if the rooms came with a microwave & refrigerator. With small children drinks and snacks are a must in the room. On a positive note, the staff is wonderful and the hotel is close to everything!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

"Review For You _1010" Couldnt Have Said it better ! ITS A SCAM ! The Rooms are TERRIBLE and they are Difinitely Posting Their own Reviews .Where did they STEAL THOSE PICTURES? I was told by GUEST SERVICES That "THE ROOMS ARE LIKE MCDONALD HAMBURGERS" ON T.V "THEY WILL NEVER APPEAR AS APPEALING IN PERSON" and like the BAITS HOTEL " ONCE YOU CHECK IN YOU CANT CHECK OUT" .They also accused my 75 yr old Granny and i of smoking drugs and walking hard at 1AM we were awaken by SECURITY Banging on the and asking us to LEAVE ...OMG ! Never in MY LIFE HAVE I BEEN SO HUMILIATED! This was AFTER I asked to check out earlier that day ..I guess that was our payback for complaining..PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SANITY! STay AWay FR0m This LOW BUDGET HOTEL

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel and decided to stay one more but somewhere less expensive...we made a good choice...everything about the hotel was good.

Clean, Close (to parks) and affordable!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!