“Fantastic Value for the Money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Roseville, California
“Fantastic Value for the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

We decided to stay at this hotel, when I opened my iPad to Expedia.com and saw their listed rate was quite affordable. Being that we were visiting Downtown Disney, we decided to drive over to ask if they would honor the online price. They did better than that, they also upgraded our room since it was our first visit to the Anabella Hotel. The room was extremely clean, the shower/tub/bathroom was very nice. Our bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on at a hotel, and we have traveled to the Anaheim area numerous times for Disneyland vacations. This hotel room was much nicer than even the one we could get at Disneyland Hotel, or Paradise Pier. We were amazed by the value. The room was only 1/3 of the cost of a Disney property room, and was much nicer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This hotel has it all. Friendly and helpful staff, spacious rooms, and beautiful grounds. I recommend the concieges room lots of space with style that is affordable. The location is close to downtown disney, but they also have a great place to grab a bite, Tangerines.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I was there for a cheer competition February 25-27. This was my 15th stay at the Anabella and as always it was wonderful. I had the King double room and it had hardwood floors, flat screen TV's, and a pullout couch, a private patio and was huge!!! They staff was very nice and helpful. The Anabella is in walking distance to the convention center(next door), restaurants and Disneyland. They allowed us to check in early so we could go to Disneyland. The parking lot was very full at the hotel and I had to park far in the rain but that was no fault of the hotel. The restaurant is very good and the staff was so nice. We stay here about 4 times a year and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This was my second stay at the Anabella. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Overall, it is a nice hotel and I would stay here again, but the service is very inconsistant. For the price paid, I expect better.

The bell staff was outstanding. The front desk staff had difficulty fixing errors on the bill. The food in the Tangerine Grill is good, but the service is slow and has only been OK (6+ meals there).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011 via mobile

I planned the trip for my husband and I to go to Disneyland, I hand been in 21 years, so I wanted the trip to be nice! I read and researched EVERYTHING I could find on the hotel, I saw that there was good and bad, but the price was great and it was advertised by Disney's website as a good neighbor so we tried it! I was nervous even after checking in until we got in to the room, but once we were in, we liked it! It was very clean, I even checked the bed and bedding before I set my things down because I am a clean freak and I have asthma and allergies and wanted to be sure it would be ok to sleep in. I thought the bed was really comfy, and we slept well! For us it was great, we only needed one night and we were only there long enough to sleep and get ready in the morning, so we felt there was no need to go pay more! I did here the neighborbors bump the wall a couple of times but that was early in the evening. I read some people say that the pictures look nothing like the rooms, but they do! You just have to do your research to make sure you know which type of room you are getting, because they aren't all the same. I was happy and I would stay again, don't let the reviews scare you off, I just think people should realize it's a good bargain, and for what you are paying it isn't going to be The Ritz, but it was still clean, nice, and comfy, and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed February 2011
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We were visting Anaheim for a cheer competition and had booked the Annabella online. The pictures showed very nice boutique style, spacious rooms with hardwood floors and flat screen tvs. We booked a room with 2 queen beds and when we arrived the room was NOTHING like they advertise on their website. Not only were the beds doubles and not queens, but there were no hardwood floors, no flat screen and the room smelled like it used to be a smoking room and they tried to cover it with paint and bathroom cleaner. The room was nothing more then a cheaply upgraded room you would get a $40/night Motel 6. Not to mention that it was pouring down rain and there was no parking anywhere near our room. They charge $10 per day for parking and do not advertise that either. Internet is not free either.

We contacted the manager to see if we could upgrade to another room (which I offered to pay for) and he told us they were booked. He was a total jerk and when we told him that we were not going to stay in the room he told us we could go, but either way we had to pay for the first night since we booked online and agreed to the cancellation policy. He also told us nobody else had ever complained. When I told him we were calling the credit card company to dispute the charge for false advertisement, he then told me that other people have told him that too and good luck. He then proceeded to follow us out of the hotel to the parking lot when we were leaving and kept telling us we agreed to the policy and there was nothing we could do to get out of paying.

As you can imagine I had a few choice words for him and I will be writing a letter to their corproate office to report his behavior and how extremely unhelpful he was.

Several of the other parents at the competition had the very same complaints. We heard that they daybed in the "kids suite" is nothing more than a roll away bed with nice bedding.

Needless to say we left and stayed at the Hilton right around the corner. The Hilton was very nice, very accmodating and the rooms are exactly what they show on their website.

Do not be fooled by the outside appearance of their property and their website. These rooms are NOTHING like they describe.

Redlands, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

The Anabella was a practical solution for our extended family---grandparents, parents, toddlers, and a baby---- to stay together while visiting Disneyland. The Casita Suite with its little side room was perfect for the little ones for naps and at night time. We reserved three casitas. The rooms were nicely decorated and had good closet space, good counter space for drinks and treats, a nice, clean bathroom, and two working tvs. The hotel's Tangerine restaurant was convenient and reasonably priced. There are also other family-friendly restaurants in walking distance. Only two complaints: 1~ the walls are not well-insulated and normal noises can be heard through them. If this bothers you or if you are an especially light sleeper you may wish to reconsider your choice. 2~ Although the rooms seemed clean and well-cared for, the floors were FILTHY. We could not let the children walk around bare-footed or in their socks. We have some socks from the trip that may never wash clean! I will bring a swiffer-sweeper with me next time!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!