“Anabella Anaheim is the best, affordable resort in walking distance to Disneyland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

The entire staff is super friendly the minute you walk through the doors. What ever your needs are, or questions, they are eager to help and assist your stay, each and every visit, weather visiting the park, or attending business.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

2,103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Although our stay was brief, we thoroughly enjoyed it –the rooms were updated and clean, the grounds are beautiful, but what was most noticeable was the friendliness of the staff, which exceeded my expectations. Being in the industry, I have a special appreciation for greetings with a smile and overall customer service from the staff. Location is ideal - walking distance to the Disney Parks. The Anabella is a great value and it’s nice to know we don’t have the “shop around” the next time we come to the area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Beaumont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

first off when we arrived @ 3:45 (check in time is @ 4:00) we were told that the room was not ready and that we would be contacted when it was, we left and waited and waited and finally we went back @ 5:20 and was told that for the inconvience our room was going to be upgraded...what a joke that was! the room we got was a room at the same price I already paid. I asked for hard wood floors (the only reason I wanted to stay there,when I paid online) and that request was not fullfilled, when I called the front desk when I saw the room I was told that the floors were only avail. per request when I told them that I did request them I was told again..sorry for the inconvience. the soda machine ate my money and the jacuzzi wasnt working. I used my debit card so I was charged an additional 30% up front which was dumb! all I kept on hearing was "sorry for the inconveince" which was really getting on my nerves! never again will I stay here or recommend this hotel, I wish I could of just got my money back! what a disappointment it was!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

The Annabella is a short walk from Disneyland Resort. The hotel is a equal to the Paradise Pier hotel in every way. Except in price for what you would pay for the PP you can get at the Annabella for less. The staff of the Annabella are friendly and courteous. They will go out of their way to take care of you. The Tangerine bar & restaurant is wonderful the food is reasonably priced and you get nice size portions. Iso
I would recommend the Annabella to people with children and for couples who want a quite night of romance.

• Stayed February 2011
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a kids suite with our 3 young kids, and had lots of room. Kids enjoyed having their own space, esp our 10 yr old daughter with her own room including daybed & TV so she could stay up and watch disney channel until late each night!
Service was fantastic! From the friendly doormen to the easy check-in and the helpful restaurant staff, everyone had a smile on their face and we were very impressed with the level of service for this 3* hotel. I'd say service rates 5* for sure! I agree with previous comments that breakfast can be slow to arrive if it's busy; 2 of the days we were there the waitstaff seemed overwhelmed with the number of customers (and this is slow season!) but the managers stepped in to help and any minor concerns we had (eg. lukewarm coffee) were addressed immediately.
The food was really tasty, and great value too. We had some great dinners here; in fact, we went out of our way to return for dinners so we wouldn't have to eat the fast food or overpriced sit-down dinners at Disneyland. We appreciated the free-range and organic ingredients they use.
We used the pool the last day - heated, well-maintained, and lots of deck chairs and towels available.
We had to receive some faxed pages one day, and the staff were great, didn't charge us (thank you!!).
The rooms themselves were spacious and the beds quite comfortable. Loved the disney-theme kids bedding! We had a problem with one of the lights not working which was fixed as soon as we mentioned it. The bathroom door didn't lock and some of the bedroom doors didn't close all the way - no big deal for us, but perhaps maintenance should be more pro-active in fixing small things like this for future guests? The only negative that I would say about this hotel is the VERY thin walls. Every night we were awoken by a child's cries coming from either next door or above us - hard to tell in our sleepy states, but a few times I mistakenly thought it was one of our kids as it sounded so close. One night a drunken couple was having an argument at 2am, but it didn't last long. It's too bad the noise issue can't be fixed, because otherwise I would give this hotel a 5* rating all around.
Regardless, I highly recommend it for its value, cleanliness and service. It's a short walk down Katella through the Grand Californian hotel lobby, through downtown Disney, to the park entrance: 15 min door-to-door; only 5 min further than Paradise Pier, and probably 3-5 times cheaper!! Save your money for Disney trinkets :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

This hotel is awesome! The rooms are spacious and extra clean. Great for traveling with friends or family. The service at the hotel is impeccable and you can even buy park tickets onsite! They even have a great resteraunt onsite and fantastic room service and the food prices are cheap ! I will make this my hotel of choice anytime I stay in Anahiem !

• Stayed February 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011 via mobile

I recently stayed at the anabella with my family and I love it!! The staff were all very friendly and professional! I will be back!!

• Stayed January 2011

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!