“Awesome Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #43 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Rocklin, California
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

The Annabella is a short walk from Disneyland Resort. The hotel is a equal to the Paradise Pier hotel in every way. Except in price for what you would pay for the PP you can get at the Annabella for less. The staff of the Annabella are friendly and courteous. They will go out of their way to take care of you. The Tangerine bar & restaurant is wonderful the food is reasonably priced and you get nice size portions. Iso
I would recommend the Annabella to people with children and for couples who want a quite night of romance.

2,049 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a kids suite with our 3 young kids, and had lots of room. Kids enjoyed having their own space, esp our 10 yr old daughter with her own room including daybed & TV so she could stay up and watch disney channel until late each night!
Service was fantastic! From the friendly doormen to the easy check-in and the helpful restaurant staff, everyone had a smile on their face and we were very impressed with the level of service for this 3* hotel. I'd say service rates 5* for sure! I agree with previous comments that breakfast can be slow to arrive if it's busy; 2 of the days we were there the waitstaff seemed overwhelmed with the number of customers (and this is slow season!) but the managers stepped in to help and any minor concerns we had (eg. lukewarm coffee) were addressed immediately.
The food was really tasty, and great value too. We had some great dinners here; in fact, we went out of our way to return for dinners so we wouldn't have to eat the fast food or overpriced sit-down dinners at Disneyland. We appreciated the free-range and organic ingredients they use.
We used the pool the last day - heated, well-maintained, and lots of deck chairs and towels available.
We had to receive some faxed pages one day, and the staff were great, didn't charge us (thank you!!).
The rooms themselves were spacious and the beds quite comfortable. Loved the disney-theme kids bedding! We had a problem with one of the lights not working which was fixed as soon as we mentioned it. The bathroom door didn't lock and some of the bedroom doors didn't close all the way - no big deal for us, but perhaps maintenance should be more pro-active in fixing small things like this for future guests? The only negative that I would say about this hotel is the VERY thin walls. Every night we were awoken by a child's cries coming from either next door or above us - hard to tell in our sleepy states, but a few times I mistakenly thought it was one of our kids as it sounded so close. One night a drunken couple was having an argument at 2am, but it didn't last long. It's too bad the noise issue can't be fixed, because otherwise I would give this hotel a 5* rating all around.
Regardless, I highly recommend it for its value, cleanliness and service. It's a short walk down Katella through the Grand Californian hotel lobby, through downtown Disney, to the park entrance: 15 min door-to-door; only 5 min further than Paradise Pier, and probably 3-5 times cheaper!! Save your money for Disney trinkets :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

This hotel is awesome! The rooms are spacious and extra clean. Great for traveling with friends or family. The service at the hotel is impeccable and you can even buy park tickets onsite! They even have a great resteraunt onsite and fantastic room service and the food prices are cheap ! I will make this my hotel of choice anytime I stay in Anahiem !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011 via mobile

I recently stayed at the anabella with my family and I love it!! The staff were all very friendly and professional! I will be back!!

• Stayed January 2011
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed at the Anabella with a group of friends and found the reception staff extremely helpful especially when it came to booking excursions fro us. The hotel is in a great location with a very pleasant walk to Disneyland. We found it very clean, the ground staff do a great job. Only hint is if you're on a tight time frame go to breakfast early as it can get very busy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dorset, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Spent 4 nights here during a business trip. The hotel looks nice enough when you arrive and certainly beats the concrete jungle of "modern" hotels nearby. Plenty of parking space when I was there and a good facilities including the main pool and a small "quiet" adult only pool which actually isn't that quiet because it is only separated from the road outside by a thin screen of shrubs.
Now the negatives:
1) when I arrived the one receptionist was on a long guest enquiry call but smiled and showed he would be with me asap. Then a second person came out of back office, went to the adjacent desk and ignored me for 4-5 minutes before asking if I had a question. She checked me in fine but after 15 hours of travel, I found this irritating.
2) ordered room service that evening and was told it would be an hour. I was too tired to go out so said i would wait. I'm pleased to say it turned up after only 30 mins and was very tasty
3) because this is so close to the Disney resorts, it is a family hotel which means kids. My room was close by the main pool so you hear children in the water till around 11pm but it wasn't too bad. One of my colleagues has kids in the room above him and they were using the bed as a trampoline till late, even after he called Reception and went up there himself - at which point the family was off to the pool, see above!
4) I was disappointed in the poor breakfast choice. No buffet and essentially cooked options so only used on day 1
Don't get me wrong, I'd happily go back. The room was fine and the staff, after check-in were all very pleasant. The Mission style gives the hotel a nice feel too and it's nice and close to the Disney resorts but I can see that you could have a good or not so good experience depending on where you end up in the hotel.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

After posting my original review (below), I was contacted by the hotel's Front Office Manager in less than 24 hours. He expressed his concern, asked for more details so he could address the problems, and assured me of his commitment to ensuring this experience is not repeated for other guests.

I was impressed by the level of service he provided, his diligent follow-up, and the sincerity of his concern. In spite of the negative experience, I would consider staying here again simply because his efforts demonstrated that it deserves another chance. I've changed my rating from a 1 to a 3, and suggest that if others do decide to stay here, raise any issues to management immediately during your stay. I am confident they will do their best to correct them.

-----

I found a deal online that made this sound like a resort akin to Disney properties. It is NOT. I reserved a room with one king bed. When my partner and I checked in, the sour-faced representative at the desk confirmed that we wanted one bed. No problem. We did. She then said that they had a room with two beds available. No, thanks. We wanted one bed. She then asked us to wait while they confirmed our room was ready. Given that we arrived after 1 a.m., we were relatively confident this step would have been done already, but we waited the 10 minutes.

The elevator stunk of cleaning chemicals that made us dizzy. We were so glad to leave until we arrived in our room --- which had the two beds she originally offered and we declined! --- and found the same horrible odor, only worse because it was significantly stronger. We had to leave the window open to get fresh air, which required us to turn on the heat. The heating unit spewed out a smell that I unfondly recalled from my past nursing home visits.

Given the ample ground-level space, I was surprised to learn (at 2 a.m.) that children were in the room above ours. The paper-thin walls and ceilings did little to block out the noise. The following night, when other drunken guests were yelling and singing, the security staff was quick to respond to our complaint. That is the only compliment I can give this establishment.

The parking is inadequate, which is no doubt why a car was parked behind mine, blocking me in and making it nearly impossible to leave in the morning.

I didn't think this place was going to be a five-star resort, but I hoped it would be a step above Motel 6. It wasn't. Regardless of the deal you find, save your coins and stay at the Holiday Inn. Or toss a few more dollars into the mix and stay someplace better. Just do yourself a favor and bypass this trashy pit of a hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!