“Staff and hotel was amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“Staff and hotel was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011 via mobile

I recently stayed at the anabella with my family and I love it!! The staff were all very friendly and professional! I will be back!!

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed at the Anabella with a group of friends and found the reception staff extremely helpful especially when it came to booking excursions fro us. The hotel is in a great location with a very pleasant walk to Disneyland. We found it very clean, the ground staff do a great job. Only hint is if you're on a tight time frame go to breakfast early as it can get very busy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dorset, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Spent 4 nights here during a business trip. The hotel looks nice enough when you arrive and certainly beats the concrete jungle of "modern" hotels nearby. Plenty of parking space when I was there and a good facilities including the main pool and a small "quiet" adult only pool which actually isn't that quiet because it is only separated from the road outside by a thin screen of shrubs.
Now the negatives:
1) when I arrived the one receptionist was on a long guest enquiry call but smiled and showed he would be with me asap. Then a second person came out of back office, went to the adjacent desk and ignored me for 4-5 minutes before asking if I had a question. She checked me in fine but after 15 hours of travel, I found this irritating.
2) ordered room service that evening and was told it would be an hour. I was too tired to go out so said i would wait. I'm pleased to say it turned up after only 30 mins and was very tasty
3) because this is so close to the Disney resorts, it is a family hotel which means kids. My room was close by the main pool so you hear children in the water till around 11pm but it wasn't too bad. One of my colleagues has kids in the room above him and they were using the bed as a trampoline till late, even after he called Reception and went up there himself - at which point the family was off to the pool, see above!
4) I was disappointed in the poor breakfast choice. No buffet and essentially cooked options so only used on day 1
Don't get me wrong, I'd happily go back. The room was fine and the staff, after check-in were all very pleasant. The Mission style gives the hotel a nice feel too and it's nice and close to the Disney resorts but I can see that you could have a good or not so good experience depending on where you end up in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

After posting my original review (below), I was contacted by the hotel's Front Office Manager in less than 24 hours. He expressed his concern, asked for more details so he could address the problems, and assured me of his commitment to ensuring this experience is not repeated for other guests.

I was impressed by the level of service he provided, his diligent follow-up, and the sincerity of his concern. In spite of the negative experience, I would consider staying here again simply because his efforts demonstrated that it deserves another chance. I've changed my rating from a 1 to a 3, and suggest that if others do decide to stay here, raise any issues to management immediately during your stay. I am confident they will do their best to correct them.

-----

I found a deal online that made this sound like a resort akin to Disney properties. It is NOT. I reserved a room with one king bed. When my partner and I checked in, the sour-faced representative at the desk confirmed that we wanted one bed. No problem. We did. She then said that they had a room with two beds available. No, thanks. We wanted one bed. She then asked us to wait while they confirmed our room was ready. Given that we arrived after 1 a.m., we were relatively confident this step would have been done already, but we waited the 10 minutes.

The elevator stunk of cleaning chemicals that made us dizzy. We were so glad to leave until we arrived in our room --- which had the two beds she originally offered and we declined! --- and found the same horrible odor, only worse because it was significantly stronger. We had to leave the window open to get fresh air, which required us to turn on the heat. The heating unit spewed out a smell that I unfondly recalled from my past nursing home visits.

Given the ample ground-level space, I was surprised to learn (at 2 a.m.) that children were in the room above ours. The paper-thin walls and ceilings did little to block out the noise. The following night, when other drunken guests were yelling and singing, the security staff was quick to respond to our complaint. That is the only compliment I can give this establishment.

The parking is inadequate, which is no doubt why a car was parked behind mine, blocking me in and making it nearly impossible to leave in the morning.

I didn't think this place was going to be a five-star resort, but I hoped it would be a step above Motel 6. It wasn't. Regardless of the deal you find, save your coins and stay at the Holiday Inn. Or toss a few more dollars into the mix and stay someplace better. Just do yourself a favor and bypass this trashy pit of a hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

My wife and I along with our six year-old daughter enjoyed staying at the Anabella Hotel. We had a minor hiccup with our original room and without hesitation the front desk employee (first name Dave) very quickly looked after our needs. We stayed in the mission suite, our daughter loved her separate room which is visible from the king bed and her room also had a flat screen televsion on the wall. The bathroom was spacious and there is an additional granite counter space for your toiletries. The housekeeping staff were prompt and our room was very clean each day. Beds are very comfortable. The staff are very friendly and the hotel grounds which includes the lansdcaping is impeccable . The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk to Disneyland and there are also restaurants close by for dinner and the hotel's restaurant (The Tangerine) serves excellent breakfasts and dinners. We were fortunate enough to have our breakfast included with our stay. Our family also enjoyed the heated pool and jacuzzi hot tub. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked our next Disneyland trip for the same time next year.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Clermont FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

My husband and I and other family stayed at The Anabella from Jan. 21 - 24, 2011 and then returned on Jan. 27-29, 2011. The service level at this hotel is superior and far exceeded what were expecting. The lobby is very spacious with a cozy fireplace to relax in front of. The rooms are all redone with marble bathrooms, very comfortable beds, flat screen tvs, coffee maker, etc. On our first weekend, we were delighted to be upgraded to a concierge room. Very nice! On our return at the end of the week, we had a "regular" king bed room and it was large and very pleasant. The location can't be beat - the Anabella is on W. Katella and looks right at California Adventure and you can walk to the Disney parks with no problem. They have a concierge desk which assisted us with a city tour of L.A. and it was great!. There is a spa and hair salon and sundrie shop as well as a full service restaurant. Having been in the hospitality industry myself, what I most enjoyed was the attention to detail by the entire staff and the friendliness and helpfulness of the entire front desk staff. The rooms were spotless and the housekeeping staff very accommodating. The Anabella Hotel will definitly be my choice if I return to the Anaheim area!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting Disneyland and we thought it was wonderful. Lovely rooms and nice food in the restaurant. All the staff we encountered were very helpful.

We would stay again without a doubt

• Stayed May 2010

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!