“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Clermont FL
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

My husband and I and other family stayed at The Anabella from Jan. 21 - 24, 2011 and then returned on Jan. 27-29, 2011. The service level at this hotel is superior and far exceeded what were expecting. The lobby is very spacious with a cozy fireplace to relax in front of. The rooms are all redone with marble bathrooms, very comfortable beds, flat screen tvs, coffee maker, etc. On our first weekend, we were delighted to be upgraded to a concierge room. Very nice! On our return at the end of the week, we had a "regular" king bed room and it was large and very pleasant. The location can't be beat - the Anabella is on W. Katella and looks right at California Adventure and you can walk to the Disney parks with no problem. They have a concierge desk which assisted us with a city tour of L.A. and it was great!. There is a spa and hair salon and sundrie shop as well as a full service restaurant. Having been in the hospitality industry myself, what I most enjoyed was the attention to detail by the entire staff and the friendliness and helpfulness of the entire front desk staff. The rooms were spotless and the housekeeping staff very accommodating. The Anabella Hotel will definitly be my choice if I return to the Anaheim area!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting Disneyland and we thought it was wonderful. Lovely rooms and nice food in the restaurant. All the staff we encountered were very helpful.

We would stay again without a doubt

• Stayed May 2010
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Lovely Spanish Mediterrean style hotel. Tangerine is a delightful dinner restuarant. We dined outside on roasted chicken and alfredo that was perfectly cooked. On Sat January 22nd. Our room was large comfortable with a King and double off to side. nice furniture.
One thing are my suggestions for management to improve the visit experience:
Have water avaiable for checking...like a decorative urn with lemon cucumber slices.
Breakfast should be a buffet. (breakfast food not up to par like outstanding dinner)
Outdoor pool spa, keep towels stocked and have pool guy check on spa in evenings after heavy use...spa had so much filmy foam and frankly the spa had a bad smell ! My kids also complained that pool was not warm enough for evening swims. Fortunately I don't rate hotels on breakfasts and poolside....so other than my recommendations, I did in fact find Anabelle to be delightful and I would stay again!!!
Fortunately

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

My spouse wrote the "worst customer service" review but I must say my experience was quit different...Although we were not very happy with the room service during our stay, the assistant & gm both listened to our complaints and were quick to find a resolution. The rooms were comfy and very clean, plus we were so close to Disneyland and all of Anaheim's big attractions. Next time, however; we will go into the Tangerine Grill instead of room service but really I think the Anabella was a terrific hotel and I would recommend it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

Normally stay at one of the big hotels while conducting business in Anaheim. But this last trip I figured I'd try one a smaller boutique property with easier parking. I choose the Anabella Hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The property has a great mission feel with lush landscaping (and parking right by my room). I found the outside grill to be relaxing after a long day. The business center was very convenient, my room was quite and comfortable (loved the bed). I was offered an upgrade upon arrival, and the friendly staff was at every turn. This is a gem hidden in the mass of Anaheim options. I will be back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

What a DISAPPOINTMENT this hotel turned out to be... After reading mostly positive reviews about the hotel and restaurant, we decided to give it a try...What a mistake! Yes the rooms were clean and its a walking distance from Disneyland but that's it....there are several other hotels in the area that offer the same clean rooms and close distance. Our problem was with the customer service, they were rude and didn't disclose information on small but nice to know things like parking fee has tax charge, when checking out you have to wait for staff to check your room to determine whether you'll get your 100 deposit back....etc..... We ordered room service that was promised to be at our room within a half hour, a whole hour later I called the restaurant and was put on hold for 10 minutes before I decided to hang up, and as my husband re called them, he was not put on hold and magically our food had shown up... the boy forgot our receipt and had to go back to the restaurant and retrieve, we were already late for our plans and to top it off the food was cold! We were in a rush so we decided to take it up with the manager in the morning....Well the manager scolded us!!!!!! for not complaining at night, and after complaining for 20 minutes offered us a free continental breakfast (which we already had with our room) and took our name and number promising to call back and "find some happiness" such as "refunding our money" (btw we paid 39.30 for a salad and burger with fries and 2 kid sized sodas) Never did they call, they really didn't seem to care. This hotel ruined our trip, We will never stay there again. Oh and btw our room had a full bed and we paid for a king and you could hear everything, including the someones phone vibrate from the room next door...but like everything else that was our problem, not the hotels

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
AGSM10, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 29, 2011
It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone today and am glad that I was able to address all concerns that you mentioned/experienced. Like stated I apologize again that your time spent at our restaurant/room service was less than satisfactory however I would like to once again stress that immediate action will be taken to ensure that any shortfalls are avoided. I am looking forward to your next visit with us to truly show you what the Anabella has to offer.
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I had to go to Southern CA for a business trip, what a wonderful find in the Anabella... The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Room were larger than a normal hotel, and very clean.
The location was great, walking distance to both the convention center and Disneyland.
I will go back to this fabulous hotel the next trip to Southern CA

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!