“Anabella Hotel - close to Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Australia
“Anabella Hotel - close to Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We booked via an online booking service. Our rate was around 90USD for a 220 square foot room. On arrival we found our room was much smaller. I went to reception and this was rectified straight away and we were put in a larger room. Beds are pillow top and very comfy, rooms clean and comfortable. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel provides 2 computers for internet access at USD7 per day. There is a guest laundry on site which we found useful as we stayed for 10 nights, cost was around USD6.50 per load to wash or dry. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but used Tiffy's next door, Coco's across the road or Denny's a few minutes walk away. There is an ART stop virtually outside or if you want to walk it takes around 10 minutes to get to the entrance of Disneyland/California Adventure Park. We enjoyed our stay and had no complaints.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

2,065 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

This is a great hotel for couples or families with kids/teenagers. The rooms were clean and comfortable - and quiet. The restaurant was good value for breakfast and dinner. The staff were friendly and helpful without exception. The room rate was very good - as good as we had in our five week trip to the USA and Canada from Australia.
But, of course, the most important point - it was just a ten minute walk to Disneyland, California Adventure Park and Downtown Disney, quicker if you cut through The California Grande Hotel. It was close enough that we walked back and got jackets when it became cool in the afternoon and returned to Disney.
Anabella is where our friends have stayed. We will recommend it to friends and it is where we will stay when we return to visit Disney again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Maricopa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

The rooms were very nice but all the amenities had a price. Internet was $10.a day, parking $10.per day, bottle water in room $3. each. The two free continental breakfasts ended up being only $7 off per person at the restaurant. Most items on menu were over $7.00. We were very disappointed in all the extra charges.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

I thank you for writing a review, I am sorry that you were not informed about any additional charges. We as a hotel offer all guest great rates during the entire year and do not like to charge guest for amenities that they will not be using. Please contact myself so that we can better understand you and how we as a hotel can better your experience next time you are in the area.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We have always wanted to stay at the Anabella Hotel and now that we got the chance we were not disappointed. The room was very, very clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was quiet and peaceful and the comfortable. The staff is great, especially if you speak Spanish, you feel at home. We liked it so much we reserved more rooms for our future trip on Anaheim for August. Got great rates and great service.
A great hotel to stay with the family.

• Stayed January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a great review about the Anabella Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time during your stay. We are all excited to see you in August, make sure that you bring plenty of sunscreen.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

First of all, I'd like to thank the staff at The Annabella for being accommodating enough to let us change our reservation with less than 72 hours notice. The weather forecast for the original dates we had booked ended up being rain, cold, and more rain. The Annabella let me move my booking out with a 48 hour notice without charging a penalty so that my family could have a rain free experience at Disneyland.
We stayed at the Annabella 5 years ago and were impressed with it then. This time we had a newly renovated room and I have to say I was even more impressed with the room than last time. Hardwood floors, nice big bathroom, spacious main room. We stayed in a Mission Suite (I had mailed and asked if it would be big enough for 2 adults and a 10 and 4 year old child). The day bed in the extra room is only big enough for 2 small children (mine managed) but the fold out couch in the main room could have folded out into a bed for our older child if it had gotten too cramped for her in the separate room. (kids being kids they both wanted to sleep in the room with the tv)
The room was exceptionally clean, the staff was very helpful with giving us the shortest routes to get to the park.
If you're looking for a hotel close to the park (without staying at a Disney hotel) I would definitely recommend this one. We stayed at another hotel across from the park about 6 years ago and it didn't even come close to being as nice as The Annabella (but the price was about the same).
The only thing I might say is: rather stay in a top floor room and haul your things upstairs. The people walking above our room at night were sometimes a bit noisy.
Thanks Annabella!
Kat Turner

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about the hotel, I am glad to hear that all of your children had a great time. For your next stay I would recommend our king deluxe room, it has a big king bed with a double size bed in the L cove of the room. We have a great staff on hand that is willing to assist any guest in any situation. They all know the best way to utilized you time spent with us. We are all looking forward to see you and you entire family in the days to come.

Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I was worried about what I would see when I arrived after reading mixed reviews, but the staff was friendly and the room we received was clean and comfortable. The bed was super comfy and the hotel was quite, despite other reviews I slept well! The hotel is a bit of a walk to Disney if you have small children. A staff member told us about the ART bus and directed us to a ticket kiosk in the hotel, the ART bus is awesome. It picks you up in front and drops you off right at Disney. The resturant also had great breakfast and wasnt too costly. The pool was nice, a tad cold in January but the hot tub was great. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always like to recommend the ART bus to our entire guest; it has to be the easiest way to get to and from the park. Our pools are heated year round for all of our guest to enjoy, we are all happy to hear that you had time to enjoy the Tangerine Grill during your stay. We are all looking forward to see the family in the days to come.

british columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We had two rooms and stayed for two nights. We booked through Bookit.com and received a resort credit as a bonus. We presented our receipt to the desk clerk when checking in and they made note of the resort credit and said that they would credit it to the room. When checking out the person at the desk presented me with a bill for parking, a phone call and some taxes. I explained that we had a $40.00 credit (the rooms were already paid for in advance) on the rooms so the charges should be taken out of that. At first the clerk tried to tell me that all the charges were put on the one room. I explained that I booked and paid for both rooms and the charges were split between the two rooms. After some discussions on the math, I was credited back the extra charges still leaving a $7.25 credit on the rooms. After getting home and checking my mastercard I saw two additional charges on it. I called the hotel, asked what the charges were for and why they were not taken out of the existing room credit. I was put on hold, after awhile another person came on and I explained again and then they transferred me and I explained again (this time it was a supervisor). Apparently the charge was for water we drank that we didn't realize there was a charge for. (One person I spoke to tried to tell me it was for parking but I explained that I had paid the parking). They agreed to take it out of the existing room credit and credit back my mastercard. At all times the staff at the Anabella were very pleasant and friendly. The rooms were clean. The carpet in my room was quite old but the other room had a replaced wood or laminate floor which was better. This hotel is an easy 10 minute walk to Disneyland and has a nice appearance outside and in the lobby and grounds for the price point. Again, the staff all made a point of saying hello and were very pleasant and friendly. We did not use the restaurant and the hottub is not hot enough to use at night. (Jan.)The bed was comfortable and the linens were nice. The pillows were too flat and two were too high. Admittedly, pillows are a very personal taste) Just make sure that you check your bill on checkout and get the correct price/upgrades as they don't seem to have a good system for keeping track. Also, phone calls are very expensive so check the rates in advance. (they are noted in their in-room book)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!