“Best hotel near Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
San Diego, California
“Best hotel near Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We have always wanted to stay at the Anabella Hotel and now that we got the chance we were not disappointed. The room was very, very clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was quiet and peaceful and the comfortable. The staff is great, especially if you speak Spanish, you feel at home. We liked it so much we reserved more rooms for our future trip on Anaheim for August. Got great rates and great service.
A great hotel to stay with the family.

• Stayed January 2011
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a great review about the Anabella Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time during your stay. We are all excited to see you in August, make sure that you bring plenty of sunscreen.

2,059 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

First of all, I'd like to thank the staff at The Annabella for being accommodating enough to let us change our reservation with less than 72 hours notice. The weather forecast for the original dates we had booked ended up being rain, cold, and more rain. The Annabella let me move my booking out with a 48 hour notice without charging a penalty so that my family could have a rain free experience at Disneyland.
We stayed at the Annabella 5 years ago and were impressed with it then. This time we had a newly renovated room and I have to say I was even more impressed with the room than last time. Hardwood floors, nice big bathroom, spacious main room. We stayed in a Mission Suite (I had mailed and asked if it would be big enough for 2 adults and a 10 and 4 year old child). The day bed in the extra room is only big enough for 2 small children (mine managed) but the fold out couch in the main room could have folded out into a bed for our older child if it had gotten too cramped for her in the separate room. (kids being kids they both wanted to sleep in the room with the tv)
The room was exceptionally clean, the staff was very helpful with giving us the shortest routes to get to the park.
If you're looking for a hotel close to the park (without staying at a Disney hotel) I would definitely recommend this one. We stayed at another hotel across from the park about 6 years ago and it didn't even come close to being as nice as The Annabella (but the price was about the same).
The only thing I might say is: rather stay in a top floor room and haul your things upstairs. The people walking above our room at night were sometimes a bit noisy.
Thanks Annabella!
Kat Turner

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about the hotel, I am glad to hear that all of your children had a great time. For your next stay I would recommend our king deluxe room, it has a big king bed with a double size bed in the L cove of the room. We have a great staff on hand that is willing to assist any guest in any situation. They all know the best way to utilized you time spent with us. We are all looking forward to see you and you entire family in the days to come.

Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I was worried about what I would see when I arrived after reading mixed reviews, but the staff was friendly and the room we received was clean and comfortable. The bed was super comfy and the hotel was quite, despite other reviews I slept well! The hotel is a bit of a walk to Disney if you have small children. A staff member told us about the ART bus and directed us to a ticket kiosk in the hotel, the ART bus is awesome. It picks you up in front and drops you off right at Disney. The resturant also had great breakfast and wasnt too costly. The pool was nice, a tad cold in January but the hot tub was great. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always like to recommend the ART bus to our entire guest; it has to be the easiest way to get to and from the park. Our pools are heated year round for all of our guest to enjoy, we are all happy to hear that you had time to enjoy the Tangerine Grill during your stay. We are all looking forward to see the family in the days to come.

british columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We had two rooms and stayed for two nights. We booked through Bookit.com and received a resort credit as a bonus. We presented our receipt to the desk clerk when checking in and they made note of the resort credit and said that they would credit it to the room. When checking out the person at the desk presented me with a bill for parking, a phone call and some taxes. I explained that we had a $40.00 credit (the rooms were already paid for in advance) on the rooms so the charges should be taken out of that. At first the clerk tried to tell me that all the charges were put on the one room. I explained that I booked and paid for both rooms and the charges were split between the two rooms. After some discussions on the math, I was credited back the extra charges still leaving a $7.25 credit on the rooms. After getting home and checking my mastercard I saw two additional charges on it. I called the hotel, asked what the charges were for and why they were not taken out of the existing room credit. I was put on hold, after awhile another person came on and I explained again and then they transferred me and I explained again (this time it was a supervisor). Apparently the charge was for water we drank that we didn't realize there was a charge for. (One person I spoke to tried to tell me it was for parking but I explained that I had paid the parking). They agreed to take it out of the existing room credit and credit back my mastercard. At all times the staff at the Anabella were very pleasant and friendly. The rooms were clean. The carpet in my room was quite old but the other room had a replaced wood or laminate floor which was better. This hotel is an easy 10 minute walk to Disneyland and has a nice appearance outside and in the lobby and grounds for the price point. Again, the staff all made a point of saying hello and were very pleasant and friendly. We did not use the restaurant and the hottub is not hot enough to use at night. (Jan.)The bed was comfortable and the linens were nice. The pillows were too flat and two were too high. Admittedly, pillows are a very personal taste) Just make sure that you check your bill on checkout and get the correct price/upgrades as they don't seem to have a good system for keeping track. Also, phone calls are very expensive so check the rates in advance. (they are noted in their in-room book)

St. Albert, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We had an ok visit here. We did not have a renovated room; we had one with an extra "bedroom" which was nothing more than a walk-in closet with a daybed. Our kids are small, so it worked ok. The walls are PAPER thin. I see other people mentioning the noise, but wow. You can hear EVERY noise your neighbor makes. The staff was friendly, and like another reviewer said, the cleaning staff was great. They cleaned the room at what seemed like odd times of the day - whenever we left. It was so nice coming back to a made bed and clean towels. The drains in the bathroom didn't work well, you were standing in your own shower water. That annoys me. If I wanted to be in my own filth, I'd have a bath, but that's just my personal preferance. So that sums up the higher points. It would be a pretty decent hotel except for the restaurant. They really lost my business here. The service was very slow. My husband took my kids there for breakfast one morning while I was getting ready in the room. He ordered waffles for me and asked that they be packaged up for him to take to me at the end of the meal. He ordered for himself and the kids. The waffles came first in their takeout container, about 30 minutes after placing his order. The rest of his order took another 20 minutes. We ordered nachos the next night and they forgot what room they were for. I heard the neighbor's phone ring and the guest told them "no, I didn't order anything, I'm sleeping". (Thin walls) I heard this and wated 10 minutes to see if they'd call me - they didn't. I called back and told them we had ordered over 45 minutes ago. They then delivered the nachos 20 minutes later, at no charge. Lastly, no free wireless. It was $50 for a week. It's 2011. Time to offer free wireless. I would not stay here again. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

i came to this hotel about a year ago for a girls vacation, and there is not a SINGLE thing i could say wrong about the hotel. the rooms were immaculate and beautiful - our first room had the gorgeous, private patio, which i adored. every staff member we came in contact with was amazingly helpful, from the front desk to the maintenance to the bartender. and when the 'winter wallop' hit and our hotel room flooded, the staff was beside themselves with getting us settled again. the pool and hot tub were great, and the setting/landscaping surrounding them were just immaculate.
i haven't even been able to read the bad reviews about this hotel, because i had such a perfect experience, i can't imagine anyone having a bad one. i plan on coming back to this hotel in the spring, and i know my experience will be just as great as the last. especially if the good looking bartender - who made the best cosmos ever - is still there :p

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Dear Guest,
We all hope to see you in the spring when our weather is better suited for clear skies. We are located in one of the best vacation destinations so we can expect blue skies year round. I am happy to hear that our staff members were able to assist you in such a dreadful time. Do not forget to visit our adult pool during the spring time; it is the best way to untwine after a long day at the park.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Check in was very easy, front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They seemed genuinely happy to be there. We were in one of the upgraded rooms with hardwood floors. The bathroom is really large but the floors are very cold--kind of a stone floor.

Have to mention the housekeeping staff. They do a very nice job cleaning the room up every day. It is immaculate at the end of every day. After reading several reviews here and on Yelp, I was concerned about bed bugs. Many of the reviews were a bit older so I assumed the problem was handled. I checked thoroughly for bed bugs and did not find any.

It is a loud hotel. You can hear everything above and around you. Don't believe it when people say it's not that bad, it is.

We were disappointed at checkout when they would not let us keep our room for an extra hour. They wanted to charge us! How cheap is that? Trust me when I tell you the hotel was not full. It was the rain of the century, Disneyland was not crowded and neither was the Annabella. They could have been decent about it and let us keep the room. We set up camp in the lobby. They just had to deal with us and all our stuff in the lobby. Bad customer service on the checkout. Really bad. We won't stay here again. Too bad they had to lose a customer like this. It's a good, cheap hotel that would have done just fine for quick trips to Anaheim.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
AGSM10, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
I would like to start off by saying thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that my staff were friendly and gave a warm welcome at check-in and that our housekeeping staff did what they do best which is impress our guests with their thoroughness and hard work. I would however like to formally apologize for your experiences at check-out. I would like to request that you please contact me directly at the hotel so that I may have a better understanding of all events that occurred.

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!