“the BEST!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Kelowna, Canada
“the BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

i came to this hotel about a year ago for a girls vacation, and there is not a SINGLE thing i could say wrong about the hotel. the rooms were immaculate and beautiful - our first room had the gorgeous, private patio, which i adored. every staff member we came in contact with was amazingly helpful, from the front desk to the maintenance to the bartender. and when the 'winter wallop' hit and our hotel room flooded, the staff was beside themselves with getting us settled again. the pool and hot tub were great, and the setting/landscaping surrounding them were just immaculate.
i haven't even been able to read the bad reviews about this hotel, because i had such a perfect experience, i can't imagine anyone having a bad one. i plan on coming back to this hotel in the spring, and i know my experience will be just as great as the last. especially if the good looking bartender - who made the best cosmos ever - is still there :p

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Dear Guest,
We all hope to see you in the spring when our weather is better suited for clear skies. We are located in one of the best vacation destinations so we can expect blue skies year round. I am happy to hear that our staff members were able to assist you in such a dreadful time. Do not forget to visit our adult pool during the spring time; it is the best way to untwine after a long day at the park.
Adrian Gonzalez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Check in was very easy, front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They seemed genuinely happy to be there. We were in one of the upgraded rooms with hardwood floors. The bathroom is really large but the floors are very cold--kind of a stone floor.

Have to mention the housekeeping staff. They do a very nice job cleaning the room up every day. It is immaculate at the end of every day. After reading several reviews here and on Yelp, I was concerned about bed bugs. Many of the reviews were a bit older so I assumed the problem was handled. I checked thoroughly for bed bugs and did not find any.

It is a loud hotel. You can hear everything above and around you. Don't believe it when people say it's not that bad, it is.

We were disappointed at checkout when they would not let us keep our room for an extra hour. They wanted to charge us! How cheap is that? Trust me when I tell you the hotel was not full. It was the rain of the century, Disneyland was not crowded and neither was the Annabella. They could have been decent about it and let us keep the room. We set up camp in the lobby. They just had to deal with us and all our stuff in the lobby. Bad customer service on the checkout. Really bad. We won't stay here again. Too bad they had to lose a customer like this. It's a good, cheap hotel that would have done just fine for quick trips to Anaheim.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
AGSM10, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
I would like to start off by saying thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that my staff were friendly and gave a warm welcome at check-in and that our housekeeping staff did what they do best which is impress our guests with their thoroughness and hard work. I would however like to formally apologize for your experiences at check-out. I would like to request that you please contact me directly at the hotel so that I may have a better understanding of all events that occurred.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The L shaped room was great with teenagers, perfect location And close enough to Disneyland. We could see the fireworks from the motel and enjoyed our time at the anabella. The restaurant meals were delicious and reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly. Brandon booked our bus trip to Las Vegas, called to book my Lakers basketball tickets and provided invaluable information to make our holiday in the US more enjoyable. The heated courtyard was a bonus!! Great big cups of coffee.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for writing such a glowing review regarding your recent visit to the Anaheim Area! I see that you indulged in our restaurant and enjoyed their delicious food. I am very pleased to see that my staff member Brandon was helpful during your visit and I will make it a point to thank him for his outstanding efforts! We hope to see you again soon!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

The hotel was right across the street from California so that made for a 10 minute walk to the entrance of Disneyland. Nice when you have kids. I travelled with a military member and with reservations made months in advance our room was definately worth $100 a night. We wanted to stay one extra night but the price jumped to $189 and I didn't think the room was worth the extra price so we left for home.The Tangerine Restaurant is a great place to start and end your day. Great food and great prices. We were very impressed with the food. The maid service was awesome. Some how they knew when we left and snuck in and cleaned our room. The other great thing is that we parked our truck for 5 days and never had to move it. Everything we needed was within walking distance. Oh yeh.....the beds were okay. The mattress springs made noise every time you got in and out of bed. My daughters bed was even less comfortable than mine.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
I appreciate you leaving your feedback about our establishment. I am glad that you took advantage of our military rate discount and that you were able to enjoy the short walk to the Disneyland main gates. I apologize that you had some noise issues with your bed, which is suprising to be since we have recently replaced all of our beds in the hotel to give a divine sleep experience to our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit so that I may personally book your reservation and handpick your room.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed at the Mission suite ( Rm. 1225), which to my surprise is a small room for a suite. The second room is really small, like a walk in closet but it has a nice daybed and its own flatscreen TV, my kids did enjoy that space. Our hotel room was very very clean and very accessible via stairs (building is only 2 stories). The building is older and you can hear conversation and noise from outside and adjacent room. Also, since rooms immediately opens to the outside, it was noisy from guest leaving and arriving at anytime. All those noise got annoying later in the night. We stayed there on 2 rainy days and I was really disappointed that the water was not warm at all!! It was a little bit warmer than room temperature. BTW, bed is really firm for those who prefer a nice soft bed. The worst part of this stay is the food we ordered during happy hour. The buffalo wings did not look and taste like one and we threw it out, the rest of the food just okay to get by on a hungry stomach. On a positive note, the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Overall, hotel was nice with lush landscaping, it was expensive and there's no free parking. Its about a mile walk to Disney Grand California hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
I am happy to hear that your little ones enjoyed the extra room with their own TVs in our mission suite and that our housekeeping staff impressed you with their attention to detail mentality. I apologize about your experience in the restaurant and I assure you that your comments do not go overlooked. I have forwarded your review to our food and beverage director so that he may address any deficiencies that our guests ever experience. We value our guests and their concerns and if I may be of any help at all please feel free to contact me directly.
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

This is a great hotel! My wife and I with a stroller each made the walk from our door to the enterance to Disneyland in under 15 mins. The hotel has great room layouts as well...perfect for getting one room w kids and still having privacy from young ones after a long day in the park. Price is perfect for the location!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are all happy to hear that you and little one had a great time with us. The 15min walk to the park is one of the nicest walks in the Anaheim resort area. Hope to see you soon.

Camrose, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

We booked our stay at the Anabella based on online pricing of rooms and closeness to Disneyland. We have stayed at another hotel in anaheim close to Disneyland during another visit but unfortunately (fortunately) it was full. We therefore booked into the Anabella. Check in was great, very friendly. We had two rooms, one for us and another for three teenage girls. Our room was great but the room we had booked for the girls had two double beds and was not big enough for them. My mistake in the booking of rooms.
Went to the front desk and asked if they could do anything to help us out. They told us to go back and get our bags and come back to the front desk. By the time we got back they had moved us around and the girls now had two queen size beds and our room with a king size bed was only a few doors down. As we got there early the rooms were not ready so they let us leave our bags and go out for a late lunch. By the time we got back everything was ready. They helped us out with our luggage and off we went to Disneyland for the rest of the day.
Rooms were great, lots of space and the maids did a great job in cleaning daily.
We ate in the Tangerine restaurant for breakfast every day. Service was fantastic and the food was excellent. The wait times to get in to the restaurant sometimes seemed to stretch on but we felt it was worth the wait. They really did move people through quickly but when you are hungry and want to get going sometimes 5 minutes feels like 10.
We didn't have any unusual requests but all our requests were handled promptly and completely.
We also had a chance to talk to other guests in the hotel who ran into problems with their room, in all cases they said it was handled really, really well and that the problem was out of the control of the hotel.
Check out was a dream.
This is not a new property but from what we could see it is very well maintained and cared for.
We found the beds to be very comfortable. Pool and hot tub were a hit.
The 10 minute walk to California adventure park makes this hotel one you must consider for your next visit.
Overall we would not hesitate for one second to stay at the Anabella again. Unfortunately it will probably be a long time before we get to go back to Disneyland again

Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that our rate enticed you to try our hotel, we the Anabella hotel has 14 different types of rooms. This will insure that we have the correct amount of room for any family. We are all glad to hear that our bell staff was able to assist you to your new room. Our Tangerine is a great place to get breakfast even if you are not a guest. The Anabella Hotel strides on keeping all guest rooms clean and conferrable. We are looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Adrian Gonzalez

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!