“can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Up to 25% Off + Free Wifi
Ranked #47 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Williams Lake, Canada
“can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at Anabella 3 years ago on a recommendation and really liked it. So for our family Disney trip this june we decided to stay again and it was just as great as we remembered! staff very helpful and friendly both at the front desk and in the restaurant and bar. you really get a lot of value for what you pay for here. so close to disney it's practically like you're staying at one of the disney hotels. and we've stayed at them before and while they are amazing (everything disney is!!) they are very pricey. so for the price difference and high quality rooms and great customer service we will always recommend the Anabella to friends. my parents stayed with us this trip and they had stayed at another hotel a few months ago just down the street and they couldn't believe the difference. they loved the anabella too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear tyler b,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again! We are honored to have you back and very happy to hear we are just as great as you remember us. We hope to have you and your parents back soon!

Jennifer Silva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

On my long California trip I have stayed in a couple places, a couple a lot better than here, but some incredibly worse. But the thing I loved about this place is the service! Service was amazing, we pulled in and there were palm trees everywhere reminding me of home. The lobby was cute and home like, check-in was quick, I was helped by Allison and she was incredibly sweet. She checked us in and sent us on our way to a room with a king and double bed. Was checked-out by what seemed to be a manager I think his name was Brenden, he was incredibly polite and sincere. Read alot of these a reviews before moving here from my previous hotel, and it is situated outside but I dont think this is a motel at all. If youre in the area and want to go Disneyland and you want to have a little escape on a budget, I would stay here. Keep in mind Disneyland is about a 15ish minute walk.

Room Tip: Stay near the fountain gorgeous view of fireworks
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sophie A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and thank you for rating us five out of five! What brings our hotel from good to great is our hotel’s dedication to superior customer service. We are so happy to hear our property reminded you of home and we hope we will have the privilege of having you back soon!

Lake Stevens, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned home from The Anabella. After reading some of the negative reviews I almost did not book this property. I am so glad I stayed there. The hotel is located right across the street from Disneyland California Adventure. It was and easy walk to the Grand California Resort and into Downtown Disney to enter Disneyland. To access California Adventure before 11am you need to enter via Downtown Disney. The Castila Suite was perfect for my wife and I plus our 19 year old son. He had his own small room that was private for him and us. The room was a nice size. Bedding was lovely. Maid service was perfect. I booked via American Airlines Vacations which included our airfare, rental car and Hotel for four nights. The pool and Jacuzzi were lovely after a long day at Disney. Could not have asked for more.

Dear DJarett088,

We are so happy you decided to try the Anabella and that you found the Casita Suite perfect for your family. We know that there are plenty of hotels to chose from in Anaheim and are honored you chose us. Thank you for taking the time to review and we hope to have you back again soon!

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The customer service is terrific. I'll start with that right off the bat. However, they gave us keys for a room that was already occupied. The poor lady who we walked in on, it was a security nightmare. We were given other rooms way back in the back but then our new key wouldn't work. The new room had some black mold on the peeling wallpaper (it looked like it had flooded at some point). The mattress looked clean but no mattress pad--simply a bottom sheet right on the mattress.

The Tangerine Bar seemed nice but the drinks were incredibly overpriced. We also were hit up by the Wyndham Vacation Club people who were nice but slightly pushy. I just don't understand why they were there in the first place.

The location is amazing and the price was right if you get the 1/2 off Sunday special.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hello Cyenti,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies for the error at check-in and the poor quality of the room you received. I would like to investigate this further and have it addressed by my Chief Engineer. A private message has been sent to you. If you could please respond back with your room number I would appreciate it.

Your kind words regarding our service, value, & location is valued. Thank you for choosing the Anabella Hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you.

Kind Regards,
Brandon Jemison
714-905-1050
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

After reading these reviews I was a little hesitant on booking, but my girlfriend was persistent at giving it a try because of the two pools and the nearness and value to disneyland. Upon pulling into the parking lot I was incredibly happy I booked here, it is very lush and green and well kept. I can see how some people call it a motel because it is open aired but it is truly a resort feel. Its all closed off and youre tucked away, but to each their own. Check-in was quick and easy, Yesenya was very nice as well as the girl she was training, she got us in and on our way. We upgraded from a Casita Suite to a Concierge Room. Great decision we got breakfast for two and a patio on our room. The patio looked nice but unfortunately never used it as we were either at the park or at the pool. The service at the pool was lacking but the walk to the bar isnt extremely far, I just dont like the plastic cups you get served in. There is a charge for parking which I think seems to have become inescapable. Being a sucker for great service I give it 5 stars and will return soon making this the place to stay for disney trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ryan F,

Thank you for your five out five review on Trip Advisor and thank you for booking with our hotel. We know that there are many hotels to chose from in the resort area and are honored you chose to stay here. We cannot wait to have you back!

Front Office Supervisor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. The staff were lovely. The concierge and bell men were very knowledgeable and very friendly. Rooms were set out well and very comfy and clean. It's a great place and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Walking distance to Disneyland!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Staceyjmill,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor and thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. We are so happy you found our hotel to be a great place an thoroughly enjoyed your time here. We hope to have you back soon!

Front Office Supervisor
Tucson, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My daughters and I fled the Anabella after our first night there even though I knew I'd lose the money for the second night I had paid in advance through Expedia. (I wasn't able to check this place out on Tripadvisor before booking the room.) This place looks cozy on the photos but don't be fooled. Our room (#1108) had paper thin walls; being on the ground floor, we could hear the other guests taking a shower above us, or watching TV next door, etc. The bathroom and beds were clean and comfortable, as was the nice day bed, but the pull-out sofa was so dirty (it looked like it dated from the time the hotel was built) that I wouldn't even sit on it. The street noise was quite noticeable too. As for the staff, some were pleasant and some a bit stand offish. If you're visiting Disneyland, as we were, I suggest you pick one of the park's hotels. Pricier but likely to be worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room removed from the main entrance and on the upper floor.
Dear Valaya G,

Please accept our apologies for the noise disturbances you endured. We always try to accommodate requests for our guests. If anybody is a little bit more sensitive to noise we offer second floor rooms so you will never be disturbed by the person above you. Your report regarding the sofa has been reported to our housekeeping department for deep cleaning.

Always feel free to bring any concerns to our attention at any point during your stay so they may be addressed immediately. Our dedicated service team is here for you. Thank you for mentioning the comfort of our beds. It is our goal to provide each one of our guests with a nice sleep while they’re on vacation.

Kind Regards,
Brandon Jemison

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!